Sign in to follow this  
Billabong81

MIA Iraz

Hello everyone!  I am glad to announce that MadMan Industries & Associates (MIA) has finally come to the point where we can release our island, MIA Iraz!  The island is still not 100% complete, but MIA has dis-banded and we wanted the community to see our work (mostly MadAussie's notworthy.gif).  The island is in very good condition, but the north part is extremely incomplete wink_o.gif (if anyone is interested in helping with this, PM me).  

Please read the readme BEFORE playing this map, as it has a lot of vital information concerning the use of special gamelogics and other required addons.  Iraz features many features never before seen in Operation Flashpoint, such as random vehicle wrecks across the island and blackouts.  These can all be activated with a gamelogic unit (check readme for more information).

Pic1

Pic2

Pic3

Pic4

Pic5

Pic6

Download From Filefront (10.98mb) - EDIT: Nevermind, the mirror can stay.  I read filefront's rules wrong tounge2.gif.  Thanks for the mirror though OFPC.de!

MIRRORS:

OFPC.de

OpFlash.org

Stealth-Net

Required Addons

-Mapfacts Baracken

-CAT's Afghanistan Updated by Agent Smith

-AGS Industrial 3.0 and Harbour

A few others are required, but have been supplied and can be found in the RAR archive smile_o.gif.  Links to these can be found in the readme file.

its would take me about 1 hour to take a look at the readme....

Edited first post to show which addons would require DOWNLOADING. A few other addons are needed, but have been included in the download wink_o.gif.

Gday all...

Its been a long time since ive even read forums relating to OFP.. but its great to see the game lives on.

I am still involved in MIA but I have branched off into Americas Army or AA as its commonly known.. MIA is  now quite a large international clan in AA.

Unfortunately as Hooahman previously said MIA clan in OFP has disbanded apparently..

The likelihood of me doing an update for this island will largely depend upon feedback received now.

My major hook ups in completing this island were

*a lack of models/objects..  I needed about 6 more objects made.. a few foilage and a few large city buildings.. if anyone feels they can help me please contact Hooahman.

* And Time in general.. Family responsability.. work duties etc left me with less time for Modding and only Playtime.. Hence AA

Hopefully the scripts will work great.. these have a number of effects.. ranging from duststorms to lights on industrial buildings that flash.

Many thanks must goto CatShitone from NOMAD for his original stuff  (also his Afghan isle that may be included.. not sure)

Many thanks must goto AGS and the 3wx or the 3rd World Explosion Mod.. (do they still exist?)

Many Thanks must goto Operation Gulf War Crisis and specifically Leone for all his ongoing help...

And finally all MIA members past and present who put their time and effort into helping me with this masive task..

Especially Hooahman.. one of my longest serving MIA members..A good person.. a great webmaster..  for hounding consistently to finish.. and if he had been successful.. it would be better than it is.. remember feedback guys!

It is a 25km isle with basically new objects and a feeling of 'REAL' to almost every area...

PLEASE ENJOY

Current MIA clan website is : http://madmanindustries.com

MadAussie out...

Just downloaded and tested.Nice Island. If you need some desert plants you could use the ones from Berghoffs Homeland Island. There are many new desert plants in it..

wooohoo,finally,IRAQ! Now i can start making some missions for mod until we complete our island. biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif

Needs more buildings, needs more vegetation, but baby...that looks like a decent Iraq map!

:starts placing insurgents, marines, begins night battle for port:

It's an evolution of madausiraq?

MadAusIraq was not supposed to be released.  OFPNEWS was the only site who had it and we have no idea how they did get it.  However, yes it basically is a much-upgraded version of MadAusIraq.

EDIT: Thanks for the mirrors everyone!

Dude this map is the best target range ever!!! For flying stuff that is! really nice work! with not many buildings still get the "feeling" that your in a place like iraq.

I like the highway with the bridges allot! Ill build some stuff on the map for personal use I think. Like a new airbase for starters!

Elite

thumbs-up.gif

This is a great island just what i've been wanting. I'm not overly keen on the Afghanistan maps because of the high terrain features but this has wide open plains which suits me perfectly. I don't know if your going to update this island in the future sometime and it would be a shame if not but i still applaud you on this effort. Two thumbs up from me mate thumbs-up.gif

burn2wq.jpg

I have some bad news for anyone who DLed the island from OFP.info. They seem to have uploaded an older version of the island to OFP.info that has a few bugs fixed in the version from the first post & accompaning mirrors (mainly gamelogic errors). I have already e-mailed OFP.info about the problem and hopefully it will be fixed soon. Sorry for any inconvinience this has caused anyone!

Gday again all...

I hope you enjoy it..

Someone i forgot to thank earlier.. Marksman.. for his excellent work on the scripting and config.. (config tool author)

Also.. some advice.. if you can obtain muddy water anims to use on isle.. it really fits with the Iraqi theme

smile_o.gif

Ive just reloaded OFP onto my machine and looking at isle myself .. I wont goodnight.gif and make any promises

MadAussie out...

sorry can't check it myself right now, is the island flat pancake surface throughout as the pictures suggest?

Would be nice if you could link to the required addons.