Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR Incoming HUGE RELEASE !!!

that sound really really good thunderbird. smile_o.gif

Raptor smile_o.gif

What exactly is FFUR?

Looks just like CSLA UH-60, RHS troops, Combat! m113 and HYK US 1991 desert troops....

or did I miss something? smile_o.gif

Looking good thunderbird, please do tell me you have reduced the lag and fixed the crash bug...something I found about FFUR was that framerates dropped considerably even with the low config. sad_o.gif

What exactly is FFUR?

Looks just like CSLA UH-60, RHS troops, Combat! m113 and HYK US 1991 desert troops....

or did I miss something? smile_o.gif

Its a total replacement mod, like y2k3 or EECP-imo its the best one just because it stick to a "1985" theme whereas the others are all modern. It uses FlashFX as a base (as implied).

I really like your mod!

Looks like you have a DShK that can shoot over the sandbags now!

One of the last remaining issues with OFP is this unarmed walking / running thing. Hope it can be adressed one day!

Looking good thunderbird, please do tell me you have reduced the lag and fixed the crash bug...something I found about FFUR was that framerates dropped considerably even with the low config. sad_o.gif

Several CTDs and bugs have been fixed , the current beta testing shows until now any problem though , if it'd still follow this way then it'd get surely released the incoming week smile_o.gif

Btw , the FFUR woodland conversion pack would use the latest great and high quality Everon/Malden done by WGL in the goal to replace BIS islands without overwriting them, a lot of useless effects have been put far in and I'm expecting to use a nice blood effect done a few years ago... (few people only's noticed it at its release ) wink_o.gif

several screenshots are on the way...

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Damn nice work. Im really looking forward to those winter stuff, this will be awesome. With so many good stuff released in the last time i wonder if i get through it all until Armed Assault. crazy_o.gif

Are you thinking about using the new ECP Effects?

No time scale, but soon. We've got to do installers and upload the files, but this can take very little time or a very long time depending on how lucky we are.

Quote[/b] ]Are you thinking about using the new ECP Effects?

I think not check this thread

Quote[/b] ] the FFUR woodland conversion pack would use the latest great and high quality Everon/Malden done by WGL in the goal to replace BIS islands

What about the new kolgujev island?

ECP effects are pretty nice but I prefer to still using FFUR current ones by improving'em a bit more...(Honestly I'm very interested by their crater and their blood effect but I doubt if they'd allow their use).

Btw I just noticed that a new kolgujev island has been released...Of course that it'd get used in the goal to replace BIS one in the incoming release wink_o.gif

FFUR v5.0 incoming Desert Pack

More pictures...

desert11za.jpg

desert21wm.jpg

desert30tc.jpg

desert45ll.jpg

desert53qk.jpg

...I'll be back in few minutes with some new winter/woodland pictures .. wink_o.gif

Looks pretty good overall. But i have some Questions:

Have you changed the Crosshair of the infantry? I think it looked good in tanks and planes but for infantry its not so useful, cause its very big.

And the desert hind has a non moveable gun, cant that be changed?

Looking real good TB.

I dont like the MI-24 textures but that´s a matter of taste.

The new WGL islands and the Winter&Desert packs will bring a full new experience to the old campains. Too bad we cant have grass like U_War.

Quote[/b] ]Have you changed the Crosshair of the infantry? I think it looked good in tanks and planes but for infantry its not so useful, cause its very big.

Yes , I've replaced it by a new one more suited to infantry units... wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]And the desert hind has a non moveable gun, cant that be changed?

Yep , exactly , it has been done in the goal to make it more realistic because this used version of the MI-24 has a static main machine gun... so the pilot has to make the necessary changes in the goal to aim correctly the target like in real life .

Quote[/b] ]Too bad we cant have grass like U_War.

Yep bud , I do agree with ya , unfortunately that's too lagy to get incorporated , plus it occurs several problems in cities and roads.

Quote[/b] ]Well, isn't it FFUR 5.1 or something?!

Nah , it will be FFUR v5.0 Final Huge release smile_o.gif

Edit : Few minutes then I'll be back with more screens smile_o.gif

Best regards

Thunderbird84

I thought this was for the 1985 time era? Desert painted units didn't come into use till, 1990. Nore where the gurl war era paint signale for colotion units like on the desert M1A1.

hmm maybe the community should work on some snow textures for all the new vehicles and such,as snow theme will have the most amount of old models+textures.

My gess, TB had to improvise, if there´s no Desert or Winter models from the 85 era than h put the ones closer to the 80´s.

Looking good thunderbird, but remember try not to overdo the effects and amount of scripts and particles cause that seems to be very laggy pistols.gif

On the topic of the desert painted m1a1....this is because there was no use to paint it before 1990 smile_o.gif Personally I think thunderbird should just go ahead and use the desert painted one.

Unfortunately there's no desert M1A1 from the era 1985, so I've chosen the most close one to the wanted era..."improvising"..

The same for the US infantry.

Btw all useless scripts have been removed in the goal to erase the lag.

Honestly It was very hard to regroup all addons of each theme because the majority of them have been carried out a few years ago, but I'm glad to announce you that the progress's at 99.9 % smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84