Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR Incoming HUGE RELEASE !!!

wohh nice maybe the bloods slightly too blobby on that picture but it still loks great cant wait

Btw no ETA... or better to give no ETA and to keep it as surprise , but the release's closer than ever...

Haha, that's pointless.

With every nano-second this release get's closer than ever. And that since the release of the last version... rofl.gif

Hi all !

Thank you for the nice comments , btw there won't still be the surrender and soldiers talking scripts because we've noticed that they do break the gameplay in several missions ... so better to tak'em out , However several improvements have been carried out !!

Woodland and winter packs are totally finished , there's only the desert pack which still needs some improvements before the main beta tests wink_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

And please stop pestering us for a time scale. We have no idea if the beta tests will bring about bugs or not, so it may be a week, it may be three.

Quote[/b] ]Woodland and winter packs are totally finished

Did you add the UCE winter camo to the ORCS models or keep just the BIS model versions?

theres on thing i dont get with the winter camoflauge why are the equipment puches still same colour wouldnt the US army be able to afford something wich is comoflauged there just a huge give away when your lying in the snow next to a bush

Quote[/b] ]Woodland and winter packs are totally finished

Did you add the UCE winter camo to the ORCS models or keep just the BIS model versions?

Sorry , not yet but we'll do it asap before the release, I hope we'll be able to do it because the majority of FFUR addons/textures makers are in vacations...

I'll make a try wink_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

just wondering but are there actually any winter versions of any of the resistance stuff ? i havent seen any so will they have to do with the woodland ? or does CSLA have winter versions and desert ?

just wondering but are there actually any winter versions of any of the resistance stuff ? i havent seen any so will they have to do with the woodland ? or does CSLA have winter versions and desert ?

Don't worry mate , it has already been carried out and used for the incoming releases wink_o.gif

Following the fact that several people are in vacations , we do need several Beta-testers for the incoming stuff, please contact me by pm !

Thank you a lot

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Are we getting MPIV's apaches again? Or somethin new -.- every pack its same old stuff.

Are we getting MPIV's apaches again? Or somethin new -.- every pack its same old stuff.

No... we always choose the newest addons suited to the era 1985 and to the wanted theme !

For the apache , If you'd install the sky pack in the FFUR folder, apache textures will get replaced by high quality new black ones.

FFUR woodland apache -> Black textures (can get installed only by the sky pack)

FFUR winter apache -> White/black textures (already installed and replaced)

FFUR desert apache -> Desert camo textures (Already installed and replaced )

Edit ::::>

******************************************************************************************

Following the fact that several people are in vacations , we do need several Beta-testers for the incoming stuff, please contact me by pm !

******************************************************************************************

also ive noticed on the sky pack that the rain is very fake especially thick rain and if you look at the ground neer you there's no rain

and the clouds are to sharp there more fluffy in real life

is there going to be a new sky pack aswell because i dont like the old one much but i like the sound

Quote[/b] ]apache textures will get replaced by high quality new black ones.

also does that mean we can only get the new textures with the sky pack ?

Yes , because it creates a new Data.pbo /Data3D.pbo / Htwl and subfolders in FFUR folder using the new stuff ! so when you launch the skypack installer , it do install all the files from "newdata" to Data.pbo /Data3D.pbo / Htwl and subfolders of FFUR/Dta.

so the apaches textures get installed by this way...

anyway of getting these textures without installing the sky pack ?

also how about maiing it so satchel charges can create those craters aswell because on ECP they wouldnt so i couldnt try hiding in one as the tanks is usually on top of the crater and is burning

EDIT - Also can you replace the animations with the classic weapon on back because i noticed it ruined most cut scenes due to the way they sit down instead of seeing their head you see their chest

Several people asked us to add craters for satchels ,I know it'd be more realistic, but I prefer to keep them only for APCs and Heavy Tanks explosions , imagine if all units would occur craters ... it will lag a lot !

Concerning the animations , the majority of people do prefer patrol animations instead of classical ones.

Each side will have its own animations.

West -> Sanctuary mainly

East -> ORCS / Sanctuary

Resistance -> Sanctuary

I'm also waiting for a new expected update on the East animations which should be ready very soon -> Here

cool i like the look of them also finally they hold the binoc to there eyes not the top of their head

oh by the way in Ffur3.5 i think it was i noticed all the units like looking at people more than they do in normal ofp ? maybe there checking out the new textures and models on the units lol

would it be possible to replace the anim.pbo with the classic one ? or is it a big .pbo with all Orcs and Sanctuary's anims ?

EDIT - I just checked out the old first post on the other ffur thread and it says

Quote[/b] ]Civilian Policemen have handcuffs and are able to make arrests.

how will they know when somebody's being naughty ? or is it for the player ?

and also how about adding a tail rotor effect like in ECP

also i noticed on the mission Apache assault when the blackhawk is shot down it goes down the crew are setpossed out side it and the chopper is setdammage 1

but the flames set the crew alight and you lose because they died anyway of doing something about that ?

@ 456820, could you use some more " , . : ' ! ? please smile_o.gif? Would be much more comfortable to read and more civilized. Thanks!

Handcuffs removed ! All useless stuff has been removed in the goal to reduce the lag , to avoid CTD (s) , and to improve the playability !

If you check carefully the polls done in "Discussion Forum" a few weeks ago you'll notice that people prefer to get only usefull stuff !

Quote[/b] ]would it be possible to replace the anim.pbo with the classic one ? or is it a big .pbo with all Orcs and Sanctuary's anims ?

No , as I said you a few minutes ago , people like Patrol animations, but if you prefer Classical ones then you can replace the anim.pbo yourself by overwriting the old anim.pbo in

FFUR/Dta (woodland)

or

FFURw/Dta (winter)

or

FFURd/Dta (Desert)

Quote[/b] ]and also how about adding a tail rotor effect like in ECP

FFUR will have its own tail rotor effect , Helicopters now have a very impressive rotor failure effect - it produces black smoke and huge flames while falling to the ground, simultaneously twisting uncontrollably in the air.

Quote[/b] ]but the flames set the crew alight and you lose because they died anyway of doing something about that ?

Vehicles have flames once exploded which can burn you if you go near them. but I'm not expecting to add flames to crews like ECP's done.

Quote[/b] ]*****************************************************************************************

Thank you

cool it all sounds so good

great work TB

cant wait for realease

No... we always choose the newest addons suited to the era 1985 and to the wanted theme !

For the apache , If you'd install the sky pack in the FFUR folder, apache textures will get replaced by high quality new black ones.

FFUR woodland apache -> Black textures (can get installed only by the sky pack)

FFUR winter apache -> White/black textures (already installed and replaced)

FFUR desert apache -> Desert camo textures (Already installed and replaced )

Edit ::::>

So...same old bis model as always?

I noticed while playing the current version of FFUR the surrender script messes up while playing campaign games and single missions. Your squad leader can decide to surrender if you are outnumbered and forces you to fail even if you could defeat the enemy or your objective is to retreat.

I recommend having these three optional configs in the new version:

-Multi Game Config (No Animation changes, no added animations, no surrending/ faking death)

-Single Game Config (New Animations, New replacement Animations, no surrending/faking death)

-Single Game Powerful Config (New Animations, New replacement Animations,surrending/faking death)

BTW Are you sure that desert tent picture on the first page is accurate? I thought the US didn't use the 6 color camo on tents. (I maybe I'm wrong)

Surrender , handcuff , Soldiers talking -> all these actions/scripts have been removed for several reasons ...

There will be ONE config by Theme !

Quote[/b] ]So...same old bis model as always?

Yeah... this model isn't so bad... with new textures , it's much better...

Quote[/b] ]BTW Are you sure that desert tent picture on the first page is accurate? I thought the US didn't use the 6 color camo on tents. (I maybe I'm wrong)

They're very close to the wanted camo used at the era 1985...

desert_tent.jpg

Quote[/b] ]So...same old bis model as always?

Yeah... this model isn't so bad... with new textures , it's much better...

Okay..is there a way I could change what unit takes the place of the apache in woodland theme in the config or something?