Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR Incoming HUGE RELEASE !!!

The F-117/A can only carry two GBU-27 bombs, which is a bit of a drop in firepower from the original 8, plus the bombs are designed to work only with the F-117/A's integrated laser desingator which then defeats the whole point of having the Black Ops LD unit. IMHO, an F-16 with GBU-12s would be much better.

Yea the A10 is a fine plane why would you want to take it out?

Yea the A10 is a fine plane why would you want to take it out?

The way I read it was that thunderbird wanted to replace the A10 LGB not the regular one. I love the A10 but I think something like the F16 would be more suited for the bomber role.

BTW thunderbird, in the 2005 version are you going to replace the green camoed A10 with the modern grey camo?

A-10 is the king of CAS, I don't think bomber is the proper term. Leaving in the regular A-10 while replacing the LGB version with an F-117 sounds like an ok idea to me.

I don't like the sound of replacing the A-10 LGB with the F-117 one bit huh.gif

For a start, it has no cannon, which the BIS A-10 has. Secondly, it can't carry as many munitions as the BIS A-10 can. Thirdly, it's a TOTALLY different aircraft altogether.

If you're gonna replace it, I think FMs F-16 would be much more suitable, or his F-15E, yeah on second thoughts, the F-15E Strike Eagle would be a much better replacement. wink_o.gif

But please, not the F-117 confused_o.gif

In the eighties a regular Russian RPG Grenadier would have been isssued with a RPG-18/22, not the RPG-7 as in older versions of the mod. Could this be changed for the latest version? Also, IMHO SYF's Browning HP would be a much better sidearm for the FIA as opposed to the CZ-75, I'm not sure what anyone else thinks about this.

The A-10 killed more enemy armour in the iraq war than all other tanks and aircraft combined. It is slow, maneoverable and heavily armed. It seems perfect for OFP, and I don't see a reason why anyone would consider an alternative for the american armed forces. It was designed to fly low and slow for CAP. The f117 and f16 were not. In fact, flying an f16 under 30,000 feet is kind of rediculous.

just replaced BIS V-80 by your Mi-28 for the FFUR 2005 variant

And I'm guessing with all these nice replacements we are STILL giong to have the same old dull "apache" right confused_o.gif

Replaced by Hfk one.

The what one? not sure I'v heard of that one.

any pics or anythin?

Hi all,

I haven't replaced the classical Thunderbolt by the Nighthawk but the (LGB variant) which is rarely used in game by the F-117, but if you'd like to get the Falcon instead of the Nighthawk then we'll do it using TmD/Ftm F-16.

Quote[/b] ]The what one? not sure I'v heard of that one.

Helifreak's Apache as Franze said.

The whole progress is going quite well.

Stay tuned!

Best Regards

TB84

I think the F16 was much more widely used in 85' and even today!

F16 also

thunderbird if you didnt see the DMA release you definantly should, I cant play with their new resistance units because im on a different computer, but these would go great as Resistance replacements for FFUR 2005!

Bunch of Awesome DMA stuff

Definately ! Their resistance soldiers are awesome and will fit perfectly with FFUR 2005.

Btw ok for the F-16 instead of the Thunderbolt LGB.

Some news about FFUR "surprise" features :

Quote[/b] ]

-Models replaced by authentic ones of both countries.

-Weapons and weapons informations replaced.

-Realistic ammo values for firearms.

-New theme based on the area of both countries (GUI, mission editor , music... etc)

-Faces and Names changed by realistic and suitable ones.

-FFUR Effects incorporated.

-Realistic and immersive sounds incorporated for all weapons.

-Clean mission editor...

Etc, etc...

Honestly I do like a lot this pack despite the so many hours spent on it. Benus has done some nice features there too.

Stay tuned soldiers

wink_o.gif

Best Regards

TB84

yay it sounds like a pack that is not USAvsRussia but ?vs?

FFUR 2005 is USA vs Russian federation.

but FFUR surprise is something else ...

Regards

TB84

We learned a lot from certain cultures by researching some informations, or just by listening typical and traditional songs coming from both countries represented in the FFUR surprise pack .

Btw , our texture's maestro sir Benus gave a new life to hyk soldiers by enhancing a bit the camo's colors for the FFUR 85 and 05. (All credits go to Hyakushi for the model,though.)

Have a look

ffurus23dy.jpg

ffurus6qr.jpg

ps : as you can see , we've added some reflects (materials) on the M136 too and cheers to Williec for allowing us the use of his new resistance soldiers.

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

TB84

Those are some good looking textures both on the soldier and the AT4! Really am looking forward to see what else you guys have behind the next release, awesome work as always.

"...FFUR 2005 is USA vs Russian federation.

but FFUR surprise is something else ..."

I'm going to haphazard a couple of guesses here as to what the Surprise pack is going to feature:

(1) It'll have a World War II theme, or

(2) It'll have a Vietnam theme.

Either option would be quite a treat, but personally I'd certainly get more use out of a World War II theme.

If I prove to be correct in my predictions, I'll be happy to hand out lotto numbers in the future. For a small fee of course!

biggrin_o.gif

Worship me now or later. Either way, it'll be an ego boost!

tounge2.gif

So, can you give us any clue as to how accurate my guesses are?

Kyle

smile_o.gif

"...FFUR 2005 is USA vs Russian federation.

but FFUR surprise is something else ..."

I think every soldier will have flowers instead of weapons and everybody will wear pink ballet clothes wink_o.gif SURPRISE !SURPRISE! This would be unique in OFP tounge2.gif