Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR Incoming HUGE RELEASE !!!

I asked that few weeks ago from thunderbird but he said that it's too late. huh.gif

Anyways, I found a bug from this mod...

Weird2.jpg

crazy_o.gif

I hope you're going to fix this as soon as possible.

@MrZig

Quote[/b] ]I've never had this with my rifle, but I can assure you that with one eye closed (which is what you do when looking at a scope, dont tell me otherwise) the scope fills half your mage that you can see. My advice: ask a friend that you can look through his scope.

well .... I HAVE NO FRIENDS WITH RIFLES .... I am from Germany ... it is not so easy to get hand on a rifle here.... and I don't know anyone near me who is a hunter... my oncle yes ... but he lives far away !

well I could go to the next GUNSHOP tomorrow smile_o.gif

but thx anyway for your DETAILED description.

but still for the next release we will have these textures in.

like I said anyone who wants others can change them via CONFIG.

@Serial Killer

next release comes soon ... problem will be fixed

benus

Not that that's a serious threat, rofl, but still, it is not realistic at ALL to make black or even blurred around an image that is like 1/1000 smaller than it should be.

Yea, right. just make it larger 3 or 4 times or be back to previous one, please.

Sniping in ofp is not that easy to me even with default BIS scope view size.

Replacing heads by Llauma ones will need a lot of time , we can at least replace faces or to add new ones , if you've some interesting suggestions and proposals , then go ahead

wink_o.gif

Btw we've fixed all bugs and CTDs you reported , everything's working very fine but we'll still be on a extensive beta testing to be sure all bugs are dead

Thanks MrZig , I got it and will test it asap

wink_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

FFUR Rocket Launchers Ironsights

RPG-29

vampire0ci.jpg

RPG-7

rpg77qu.jpg

M136

m1364rc.jpg

AT-4

at43hr.jpg

M-47

dragon2xx.jpg

Cheers to Benus smile_o.gif

We've also changed rockets values by making them more realistic

(Using the great config carried out by WGL guys)

Now Resistance guys do use some decent tanks stolen to soviets/russians.

Have a look -> Picture

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Now, those reticle detents actually correspond to ranging and rocket/bullet trajectory, right? Or am I the only one who actually uses these features?

Cooooooool but with the launcher iron sights couldnt you add a small bit of blur just to the edges of things not on the whole thing like on small parts wich would be hard to make out once focusing on only one thing ?

also that t72 looks great cant wait for realease just like everyone else your doing one hell of a job notworthy.gif

Pertaining to the ironsights you already have...

I've found that the iron sights for the m1911 sd do not correspond well to the bullet flight path. The iron sights are somewhat lower than where the bullet impacts at point blank range... and the pistol produces tracers... but I think the latter might be a BIS bug.

Now, those reticle detents actually correspond to ranging and rocket/bullet trajectory, right? Or am I the only one who actually uses these features?

They'll be based on the BIS sights, so the sights probably are quite accurate.

I tried my best (perhaps I am not good enough in Photoshop) and this is how the texture could look (there should be a "structured surface" on the transparent part... can't be seen very good here):

img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/hansen/svdtrans.jpg[/img]

I think that, with a slightly bigger scope could work quite nicely..

Also, for the red dot scopes, I was under the impression that it wasn't like a normal scope, but instead you kept both eyes open, and you barely saw the scope, and got a red-dot projected where the gun it pointed..

Erm, similar idea to this : put your hand infront of one of your eyes, 5cm or so from it, you half-see it.. Now imagine your hand was a bright, tiny red dot. It would get overlayed on your vision.

This is why it's good for CQB (I think), is that because you don't acctualy look down it, but rather it shows that dot, it's like having a laser-sight, without the laser tounge2.gif And you have both eyes open, which is always good, as your not getting tunnel vision down a scope

Not totaly sure how you would do this in OFP, though confused_o.gif

Anyway, once again, good work biggrin_o.gif

- Ben

in red dot scopes it doesnt project a laser at what you point the gun at the red dot is only in the scope and cant be seen without looking down the scope so you still treat it as a normal scope but instead of having crosshairs in the scope its a dot

I didn't say it projected a laser icon_rolleyes.gif ..

If you read the rest of the message, I said it looked like it to the person using it, as you barely see the rest of the scope, and the dot sticks out. So it looks like it's a laser, but infact it's just like how you half-see your hand when you hold it infront of an eye, but because it's a light, you see this much clearer.

And this means, because you have both eyes open for it to work, you see much more, while still being able to line the red-dot on someone, much like a normal crosshair..

..hopefully it's clearer that time tounge2.gif

- Ben

SNIPER TEXTURES AGAIN

one thing will definitly stay: THE BLACK FRAME.

THERE WAS NO DECISION IN THE TEAM YET ABOUT WHAT I WILL SHOW YOU NOW

there were some requests about making the sniper sights BIGGER

so I just scaled them new !!!

perhaps we will use these bigger scopes .. or we can give you the chance to choose between small and big scopes ... or we just release those bigger scopes and you can replace them for yourself

... if anyone likes the bigger scopes smile_o.gif ... we will see.

THESE PICS SHOW THE INGAME SIZE OF THE SCOPES

Hunting Rifle (RES)

BigHuntingRifle.jpg

M21

BigM21.jpg

M24

BigM24.jpg

SVD

BigSVD.jpg

benus

Yeh, that looks much better biggrin_o.gif

only thing is the quality on them isn't brillian now that they've been scaled up confused_o.gif

- Ben

I will work on them ... the lines and numbers will become thiner and sharp when I worked over them...

Just wanted to show the new size .. and if it is ok like that

I just tried the FFUR Woodland Pack, I love it. The greatest effects I've ever seen on ofp and it doesn't strain the fps like other mods do. I'm eagerly awaiting you next release, keep up the good work.

That's more like it!

If you want to go detail crazy you can also add the gun, bolt, etc under the scope and then blur out the rest, but thats only if you want to go detail crazy tounge2.gif

I'm really hoping that the following A.I. improvements that were made for the VME Chinese military release will also be included in all future installments of FFUR:

"...but the main improvements are still of course AI (CQB) scripts :

-now chinese AI (CQB) squads are able to deploy mortars and heavy machine guns when they are under heavy fire.

-AI (CQB) have the abilities of rolling and leaning.

-AI (CQB) do throw smoks to cover the squad once under heavy fire.

-AI artillery system and air support scripts improved..."

I would WORSHIP you if you would integrate AI that would smartly lean around objects when in battle, whether it be trees, doorways, building corners, etc., etc. notworthy.gif

I'd much rather have this fantastic feature than not have it, that's for sure. Can anyone get me up to date on the status of the AI upgrades for FFUR?

Thanks!

Kyle

smile_o.gif

im not sure there are any whilst playing the woodland pack ive noticed none i think that could be so it doesnt conflict with other AI scripts in missions

but it would be cool with those AI enhancements

Well these AI enhancements are quite cool but but they do use a bunch of scripts which occur a lag when there are a lot of units regrouped in a small area , plus except AI deploying mortars and machine guns, they aren't so usefull, we do our best to avoid the use of scripts .

If you remember well , i've allready introduced these whole scripts in FFUR 3.5 but several people complained about'em, so we've definately removed them.

We have enhanced the AI though just by the cpp's way

Quote[/b] ] o AI Improvements: The AI hears and sees better to varying degrees. Specops and Snipers have more atuned senses.

o The AI uses the firing modes effectively: Single Shot from 500 meters, Burst Fire from 300 meters and Full Auto mode from 100 meters.

o The AI is more aggressive and more tactically aware.

o The AI understands when to press home a tactical advantage, and when to pull back.

o The AI regular infantry sometimes panics.

Regards

Thunderbird84

The "leaning and rolling" AI was used in FFUR v. 3.5? What's strange is that I've never seen any of the AI from that version ever lean or roll. Just out of curiosity, was there a reason for why I never saw them use these features? Were the complaints about lag also linked to the AI not actually leaning while fighting, or ...?

Argh , sorry I haven't been quite accurate , when I mentioned "whole" I meant 90 % of VME scripts cuz "AI leaning" one has been incorporated only in the latest VME release wink_o.gif

Regards

Thunderbird84

What do you think of my tail rotor failure? Is it worth incorporating?

What do you think of my tail rotor failure? Is it worth incorporating?

Definately ;great work , I do like it but unfortunately it occurs an error being used with other FFUR scripts of the Helicopter's EH , I tried it as

Hit=...sqs""";

&

killed=...sqs""" too;

but the random's error still occurs ,it's due to a conflict between FFUR scripts and yours, that's unfortunate because I can't remove other scripts especially from "init" which do activate the dust/water effect , in any way it worked very well in game

smile_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84