Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FFUR Incoming HUGE RELEASE !!!

If we can get this issue sorted out those apache's won't be what you'll be seeing in the woodland scheme.

If we can get this issue sorted out those apache's won't be what you'll be seeing in the woodland scheme.

Great news !! finally the problem of the apache has been fixed , and BIS apache has been replaced by Franze/Nodunit one

the source of the error was in

Quote[/b] ]cargoactions
, but it's fixed now ! wink_o.gif

a pic

apache9nk.jpg

Regards

TB84

Woohooo! Finaly a different helicopter in a major mod!

And the best lookin apache out there at that notworthy.gif

I don't understand why you copied and pasted it from another picture onto a sea backdrop. Don't deny it! biggrin_o.gif

Despite the risks I'm going to ask: Is everything on schedule? (Ohh now I've done it)

Oh my did I forget to complement you?! I wouldn't think I'd have to seeing that anything with FFUR is garunteed greatness notworthy.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

(That was a compliment btw... yay.gif )

I don't understand why you copied and pasted it from another

omg ! ... tounge2.gif

Yeah , the woodland pack is totally finished ;tested and ready to get released ! :-)

There're still winter and desert conversions which need some minor work before they'll get tested. The release is still a surprise of course wink_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

why does the apace look really fake and 3d ?

anyway looking at that pic it reminds me is there any plans of adding a water pack like the transparent water (you could add it like the sky pack where yu just click the .bat and it does it for you) ?

looking great

Either those or the CBT HEMMT's no doubt but the last FFUR used those trucks so I wouldn't be guessing this would be much different.

Hi !

It would be a good idea to use these blackops for the woodland pack !

Gonna make the necessary changes...

Chipper , yeah the FFUR packs use these trucks

Regards

TB84

hey thunderbird ... those BLACKOPS by bambi are really nice.

but when reading through the release thread you will find a prob that happend when using those with FFUR.

It is an addon conflict with the "TCP_testdog.pbo" you are using in FFUR.

not sure why you have this addon in it, but if you want to use the new bLCKOPS you have to through it out I think.

Quote[/b] ]

supergruntsb78

BINGO !!!!! FOUND IT !!!! its the TCP_testdog.pbo addon

althoug its to bad i rather was found of that dog now i have to put it asleep because these guys rock and the dog well its old

pfff i have never been so busy finding a bug as with these guys normaly i wait for the update whistle.gif

Edited by supergruntsb78 on Aug. 13 2005,02:29

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....3;st=45

... but use them if possible ... those are really amazing !!!

Bambi just released a patch for them, "It should no longer have any collision problems or conflict with the TCP_testdog."

whistle.gif

Guest The Cobra
Please oh please use Bimbi's units to replace the black ops!  biggrin_o.gif

I don't think so.

They have more faces then a usual unit and that can turn into lag...

They are very nice though

smile_o.gif

Yes bu they are not used much, its not like theres 4 squads of them running around everywhere, and if there was I dont think it would cause any lag, I had 4 squads of these guys run around everywhere with no lag, and I have a GForce 3  whistle.gif

Guest The Cobra

Oh, ok then...

Use them 'cause they are really nice!

wink_o.gif

Are bambi's blackops really that realistic? I mean I don't think they would wear all black in mid-1980s era...

Quote[/b] ]Are bambi's blackops really that realistic? I mean I don't think they would wear all black in mid-1980s era...

why not its just common sense in the night it is black so lets where black clothes

its not like your going to go out in white clothes in the middle of the night unless it is infant snowy

im guessing they would wear all black or if not the majority of them would be black

where we are at the point with night and black ....

most of you are using DXDLL I think .... you may have realized that this wonderfull nightvision effect doesn't work anymore when using NV_goggles at day or when there is light... you won't see anything...

a long time ago when using Y2K3 I managed to make it work with a new NV_goggles model and a new texture (BIS one is this that looks like you are looking through goggles / I changed it and you had abigger view) ... I did something with those from FDF.

and it worked... new nv_goggles and a bigger view and this DXDLL effect. but I have don't know how I did this....

if anyone knows please tell me !

wink_o.gif THUNDERBIRD.....

have you looked into the ECP config yet huh.gif

Quote[/b] ]// The following comments describe the available NV screen layers.

// In order to select your favourite model, you may comment out

// the current uncommented definition and then remove the double

// slash from the definition of the model you want to choose.

// You can add different screens. All you have to do is defining

// the macro "NVGMODEL" with the path of the respective model.

// NV screen with statics and sharp edge shadow

//#define NVGMODEL "\ECP_Effects\models\optics_nv_stat"

// NV screen with statics and faded edge shadow

//#define NVGMODEL "\ECP_Effects\models\optics_nv_statF"

// NV screen with sharp edge shadow and no statics

//#define NVGMODEL "\ECP_Effects\models\optics_nv_shad"

// NV screen with faded edge shadow and no statics

//#define NVGMODEL "\ECP_Effects\models\optics_nv_shadF"

// clear NV screen with statics

//#define NVGMODEL "\ECP_Effects\models\optics_nv_stat_ns"

// clear NV screen

//#define NVGMODEL "\ECP_Effects\models\optics_nv_clear"

// Monocular NV screen (for realism maniacs)

#define NVGMODEL "\ECP_Effects\models\optics_nv_mono"

// BIS' default NV screen

//#define NVGMODEL "optika_night"

smile_o.gif wouldn't that be nice for FFUR too... choosing your fav. nv_googgle view... and somehow the DXDLL effect works with ECP !!!

Hi mates !

I just noticed that these blackops aren't really suited to 85, they seem really modern , we can't use them even if they're so beautiful...

Btw concerning the NVG , honestly I prefer to keep "1" night vision which can perfectly fit with the wanted era;

it's very close to this

Quote[/b] ]NV screen with statics and sharp edge shadow

plus it's too late mate, all packs are totally finished, we still have to do the installers, so stay tuned

wink_o.gif

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

Some news from the front...

I'm incorporating a new impressive stuff to incoming FFUR releases.

A new Swimming action to special forces units (Spetznatz/US SpecOps) smile_o.gif

Huge thanks to Itweas for this sweet animation !

-Grenades updated by Kylesarnik latest releases too !

Best Regards

Thunderbird84

A review of all Enhancements and Improvements carried out on incoming FFUR v5.0 packs :

Effects Improvements :

Quote[/b] ]

Tank Effects

* A Tank’s machine guns now use very realistic tracers which help to improve the gameplay through making missions more immersive. Each side has its own NATO colour.

* The new tank explosion has debris, bellowing smoke, flames, and for heavy tanks. Our tests show that we can blow up thirty tanks at once and still incur no lag whatsoever.

* Tank shells have yellow/white flashes when being fired like in real life.

* APCs (Armoured Personnel Carriers) have their own seperate explosion scripts: a special splash effect if it’s in water, and a “traditional†explosion effect if it’s on land.

* Anti-Air units such as the Shilka and Vulcan fire exploding bullets like in real life. The explosion occurs between 1km and 2km above sea level.

* Realistic smoke for machine guns after periods of prolonged fire.

Vehicle Effects

* Fuel trucks have more realistic and impressive explosions than before. Huge flames, flying debris and other effects can be seen due to the large amount of ammunition and petrol onboard.

* Civilian/military cars and trucks have flames once exploded which can burn you if you go near them. In addition, they produce a which smoke from the shockwave due to the impact.

Helicopter Effects

* Helicopters now have a very impressive rotor failure effect - it produces black smoke and huge flames while falling to the ground, simultaneously twisting uncontrollably in the air.

* Dust on the ground and water in the sea is affected when helicopters fly low. You can see waves and ripples formed while hovering.

* Helicopters produce shockwaves when they hit the ground and occur a crater.

* Helicopters’ rockets produce smoke and sparks upon launch.

* Realistic cannon smoke.

Plane effects

* Ejection sequence added for jet fighters, so when a plane is damaged the pilot is able to eject using their seat, with the parachute opening once clear of the aircraft.

* Planes create trails of white cloud behind them like Jet Liners.

* Upon explosion a plane will send more than 100 fragments of debris in any direction, and then burst into intense flames.

* You are given warning messages when coming under attack from enemy fire.

* Waves are created when jets fly very low over the sea.

* A huge wave appears when a jet fighter crashes into the sea.

* Jet planes can launch flares to evade enemy missile fire.

* Realistic cannon smoke.

Soldier Effects

* Realistic grenades, along with unique timings and explosions for each side.

* Realistic tracers from light machine guns based on NATO data.

* Realistic rocket impacts based on flashes, flames and huge smoke.

Other Main Features :

Quote[/b] ]

Unit Replacements:

o Bohemia Interactive Studios’ (BIS) islands have been replaced by the best ones ever done suited to each theme (woodland / winter / desert) without overwriting BIS stuff..

o BIS's models have been replaced by the best ones ever done by the community, suited to the game’s original era - 1985.

o BIS’s models have been replaced by the best addons suited to each theme.

Realism Enhancements:

o AI Improvements: The AI hears and sees better to varying degrees. Specops and Snipers have more atuned senses.

o The AI uses the firing modes effectively: Single Shot from 500 meters, Burst Fire from 300 meters and Full Auto mode from 100 meters.

o The AI is more aggressive and more tactically aware.

o The AI understands when to press home a tactical advantage, and when to pull back.

o The AI regular infantry sometimes panics.

o Small Arms Improvements: Realistic tracers based on NATO data.

o Realistic recoils based on Real-Life experience of the actual weapons provided by experienced military personnel.

o Realistic bullet damage values based on military information.

o Realistic firing modes, for example the MP5 has 3 firing modes and the AK74 or the AK47 have 2 firing modes, just like the real weapons.

o Realistic gunfire sounds, especially the M16 and the AK74 sounds which have been recorded by our military advisors especially for the FFUR mod.

o Heavy Weapons Improvements: Realistic sounds for the M2 and the Dshk.

o Realistic tracers matching real-life heavy weapons.

o Realistic M2 gunner position.

o Heavy Tank and APC Improvements: Realistic shielding values.

o Authentic weapons taken from real-life.

o Realistic tracers, different for each tank based on NATO data.

o Realistic sights for gunners and commanders modelled from real sights.

o Realistic engine sounds.

o Realistic explosive bullets for AA units (Shilka and Vulcan).

o Helicopter and Jet Fighter Improvements: Realistic eject sequence for jet fighters.

o Realistic flares for helicopters and jet fighters.

o Realistic and authentic weapons.

o Realistic tracers based on NATO data.

o Realistic armor values.

o Realistic sounds.

o Soldier Improvements: US BlackOps units carry binoculars and a Beretta.

o US Machine Gunners carry an M1911.

o US Pilots carry handguns.

o US Crews carry handguns.

o US Soldiers carry the M61 grenade.

o US Snipers and Special Forces are able to treat wounds.

o Soviet Spetznatz units carry an AKM SD or an ASS VAL.

o Soviet RPG soldiers carry an AK74Su.

o Soviet Spetznatz units carry a handgun and binoculars.

o Soviet Pilots have handguns.

o Soviet Soldiers carry the F1 grenade.

o Realistic aiming capability for all soldiers.

o Special Forces can swim.

o 10 meter spacing between each soldier in a squad - no more taking out an entire squad with a single grenade.

Gameplay and Interfaces enhancements:

o Interface Improvements: New custom GUI for the main screen. Each theme has its own menu.

o New mission editor interface.

o New briefing book.

o New computer.

o New compass.

o Sound Improvements: New realistic sounds for all weapons, vehicles, aircraft and explosions.

o New music based on ‘patriotic’ tracks and war movie samples - all from the 1985 Cold War era.

o New animations for all soldiers.

o Standing and crouching lean actions implemented, together with rolling while prone.

o BIS quotes which appear at the death of soldiers replaced by more topical ones from the Cold War era.

o Briefing Improvements: New pictures for all weapons.

o New information available for all weapons based on military descriptions.

o New compass.

o New radio.

o New map design.

General Information:

o All addons have been decompressed to further reduce lag and framerate difficulties.

o Only relevant and required P3D models and textures have been retained for the FFUR mod.

o You must check and make sure you don’t have duplicates of any addons used by FFUR in your regular or Res\addons folders - this causes compatibility issues.

Stay tuned !

Im foaming at the mouth...and peeing my pants at the same time.

I likey FFUR.

-Breaker Out

what about the briefing menu in the other version it had some weird thing coming off wich only gave you a tiny bit on themap to work with and then the book covers most markers so you have to double click it to make smaller look at the markers being it back up to have a look at the objectives and so on