Sign in to follow this  
ProfTournesol

Napoleonic Mod Pack 3

i supposed your brit.pbo was the old or you have forget one file, take the brit.pbo of the pack 2 and overwrite the brit file you have in your addon folder.

but it is simple install the first pack, the second and the last in the cwmod/addon folder

Quote[/b] ]Also while you do have artillery men, I would recommend that you have units already positioned on the cannons from the Civil War Pack.

We DO have artillery men positioned on the canons, just look under "groups", put artillery group on the map and launch the preview : you'll have a canon filled with 4 guys, with an animated loader. The reason of this is : (1) it prevents guys from going out of the canon when one guy is shot (2) the loader is well positioned. whistle.gif

About realistic missions of this era, any feedbacks on the Waterloo campaign ? We took care of realism, retracing main events of the Waterloo battle, and using scripts to give an historical atmosphere at the campaign.

Well all I can say is bluddy cool that we finally have cavalry ... am downloading as I write this ... after reading comments can't wait to see these guys charging an infantry line .. but do agree that the dragoons need firearms as they were just mounted infantry like the Aussie light horsemen a hundred years after .... one observation that I see ( being in New Zealand we have alot of horses ) is that the scale of the men to horse is too large , the horses have a sizing on scale with mules plus the fore legs are too thin and no hoves... looks like you could snap then with a good kick ...

this is just a constructive observation .. knowing they are prototypes which look bluddy cool anyway ( as they are the first)... anyway still downloading so after installed and experienced a lancer charge against my fusiliers might change my mind ( and my daks) about the little faults....................... ( 3 mins and counting) ... crazy_o.gif

downloaded but not yet installed ... have queries ... how does cavarly vs calvary combat pan out .. plus can you shot the horses from under the rider ? .. if so would leave a dragoon with no firearm vunerable to infantry attack , true ?.

anyway .. about to install ( hope no backpack issues !! )....

Hi Spad, yeah well heres our mods horse edit of pchorse,

http://img167.echo.cx/my.php?image=earlytest014ng.jpg

we still need to change the cargo pos animation of the rider, we adjust the horses scale, texture and legs to make it appear more animated as well etc.

Im very sympathetic towards ur mod spad, so if you want i can help u with a napoleonic era cavalry horse etc smile_o.gif

// i did work on some napoleonic units ages ago, and was once in charge of the napoleonic mod (okay when it was totally dead) but its brilliant that u finished off the mod u started. Im currently done making units for House Divided mod (tho im working on the island now) for its beta release, but with a bit of me spare time, im coming up with a wee french pack, that i will donate to ur mod spad, (including a french musket and cavalry carbine)

http://img339.imageshack.us/my.php?image=16iw.jpg

So here is French Line infantry based on the fusilier of 1813, i'll do a few others, and this is for spad wink_o.gif ill send em to u when its done smile_o.gif

Nice work, especially on the horses.

Wish the editor names were in English...

No Entry 'CONFIG.bin/CfgMovesMc/Actions.HandgunTreatedActions'.

Any ideas?

Sorry to bump my own post but any ideas guys?

Quote[/b] ]Wish the editor names were in English...
Well, it isn't obvious to translate "voltigeurs" or "carabinier"...but groups are in english...
Quote[/b] ]No Entry 'CONFIG.bin/CfgMovesMc/Actions.HandgunTreatedActions'

No...You must use cwmod folder with it's own config.bin, and it's shortcut path to "flashpointresistance.exe" or "flashpointbeta.exe" for 1.96.

Quote[/b] ]No Entry 'CONFIG.bin/CfgMovesMc/Actions.HandgunTreatedActions'

No...You must use cwmod folder with it's own config.bin, and it's shortcut path to "flashpointresistance.exe" or "flashpointbeta.exe" for 1.96.

"C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE" -nosplash -mod=CWMOD

huh.gif

I have a pistol model and Textures from this era that i was going to use in PCPirates V3 but never got round to which you can use if you want it?

And here's a flintlock musket I made for the next addon pack for CWMOD.

I think it'll go better with your Napoleonic guys than the percussion musket they use now.

thumbs-up.gif

US1816Flintlock.jpg

....69 cal bullets and bayonet included. wink_o.gif

@ dynamite_cow : what kind of error message do you get ? Can you post it ? did you read the readme ?

Nevermind. Just screwed the installiation pretty well when I was in hurry, so that the root was Operation Flashpoint\Campaigns\Napoleonic Pack 3\Waterloo - Napoleons last battle.pbo instead of Operation Flashpoint\Campaigns\Waterloo - Napoleons last battle.pbo

Great pack, but the AI has some problems with the cavalry. They sometimes just stop of all the sudden and then get killed from close-range by infantry or artillery. I guess that simulates the frightened horses pretty well though.

hey gavin, of course i 'll like that you can help us (especially on weapon and horse)

proft works on a new kind of play for the mod but for now it is secret

all help is welcome (triglav i like your musquet)

i can't translate the name of the soldier in english, but i am sure that you inderstand what a dragon or a carabinier is

some name don't have english word (grenzer)

i am continuing to work on other napo adon (gavin i like your french soldiers)

Yeah Spad well i was making em for ur mod really anyway, but theres already a nice french musket that i made before in ur mod, did u have probs coding it to use smoke? cos i can fix that for ya if u want?

yes i have your first french soldier with the charleville musquet but i didn't know how to use it with the smoke script of the cwmod so if you can fix it it will be in the next pack (with your clearance of course)

i'll ask to tsali his bronw bess for the british and prussian troop, i need a cavalery carbin (in fact it is a similar weapon as the baker but more shorter)

and of course when cwmod will finish his horse i 'll ask them for use it in the mod

Is there anyway to code the accuracy into the muskets. make their range like 50 yards or so? If thats not possible code the infantry to start to engage at 50 yds.

As it is right now, the baker is on the same level at the normal musket except it has less rounds. The baker should be a much more formidable weapon, with a range of 300 yds or so. when compared to the musket's 50-100, it should make the player think twice about engaging riflemen. (or more confident when playing as one...)

The only downside to this is that the baker reload should be much longer (up to a minute to load one properly or when fouled)

Please, make the baker the superior weapon that it is!

When I'm trying to start I get error message saying: "Cannot create 3D device: Adapter 0 (Radeon 9600 Series) Fullscreen

Resolution 1024x768, format X8R8G8B8/D24S8, refresh 75 Hz. Error D3DERR_OUTOFVIDEOME

I have installed all things like in orders. Whats wrong?

Well, it's because you must add "-nomap" to your shortcut, like this : "C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE" -nosplash -nomap -mod=Cwmod"