cav9ig.jpg

cav17kc.jpg

Features :

- mounted cavalry units attacking with swords and spears ;

- Waterloo island ;

- Waterloo Campaign with cutscenes after each mission and an alternative end;

- Generals ;

- bugs fixed.

Pack 3 (cavalry, campaign and waterloo island)

Addons needed :

Pack 1 (infantry and artillery)

Pack 2 (infantry and artillery)

Civil war mod pack 1.1

Mirrors for packs 1 and 2 :

Pack 1 at ofp.info

pack 2 at ofp.info

I cant wait till this has finished Downloading!!! biggrin_o.gif

The only problem is that they are stil lusing the Springfield Musket, I can edit it into a Brown Bess style musket if you like? biggrin_o.gif

make sure you have

1.96 version

civil war mod 1.1

copy all pbo file in the cwmod/addon folder

install the different pack in the good order (some file will be overwrite )

the different pack weren't released in the same time i improve some file so they have the same name in all the pack

Wow, looks very good! wow_o.gif I hope the Cavalry works as it is supposed to, though I know the ofp engine confused_o.gif

Watching with interest.

yes the cavalery works and can fight the other soldier , tagadatagada biggrin_o.gif

Beautiful, I am still very thankful for you including Polish Napoleonic units in the previous pack.

OMG, I set up some of those cav guys behind a hill and let them advance to my position (myself pure inf with swords). Well if you ever thought the the sound of an advancing T-80 platoon would frighten you, you have never heard the trampling from horses when they advance to your position smile_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Jens

cavily arnt so good at going up hills, thats the only real floor, realy good.

Wow! crazy_o.gif I was surprised when I tried out that mounted unit attack, it's outstanding! There has been few bayonet scripts before, but this one is very good, the best so far. I have still problems with cavalry 'cause they just don't want to attack, but otherwise this mod is excellent! notworthy.gif

Wow! crazy_o.gif I was surprised when I tried out that mounted unit attack, it's outstanding! There has been few bayonet scripts before, but this one is very good, the best so far. I have still problems with cavalry 'cause they just don't want to attack, but otherwise this mod is excellent! notworthy.gif

Same here, no attack.

The cavalry is awesome. Standing as an infantryman, a cavalry charge is terrifying, especially since you only get 1-2 shots before they're on you.

My voltigeurs have been broken more than once by cossacks...

Rrreaally nice! Had some fun trampling the englismen's tents down and then stabbing them with my sword. I even stabbed a general who was peacefully sitting in his tent tounge2.gif

But the campaign doesn't start. It gives some error message and then when I press "start" it goes back to main menu.

Great way to waste a couple of hours...

Hearing the Pipes, Drums and Trumpets makes for a great atmosphere. Shame you can't pick them up like rifles and use them.

@ dynamite_cow : what kind of error message do you get ? Can you post it ? did you read the readme ?

@ tankieboy and jager : did you replace the old sword.pbo by the new one with the new script ? Otherwise, cavalry does attack (check the campaign). But sometimes, after attacking, cavalry men just stay where they are, cause they aren't ordered to fall back into formation by their leader. What i did in the campaign is to regularly order cavalry groups to move from one point to another.

No Entry 'CONFIG.bin/CfgMovesMc/Actions.HandgunTreatedActions'.

Any ideas?

Quote[/b] ]the new units are kinda laggy on my comp...

Yes, it's because mounted units (with swords or spears) are scripted with a script close to the bayonet one : they constantly look for targets. But I can have 40 or 50 mounted units without much lag...

Quote[/b] ]the new units are kinda laggy on my comp...

Yes, it's because mounted units (with swords or spears) are scripted with a script close to the bayonet one : they constantly look for targets. But I can have 40 or 50 mounted units without much lag...

no it was from the units themselfs, but i lowred the lod detail thingy a bit (was at the highest) and its good now smile_o.gif

While playing around i noticed something was absent. I think that the dismounted Dragoons, french especially need a carbine, as that was a nessecity for their job. at least in the way that the french used dragoons, they were more of light infantry carried to the fight on horseback.

While mounted dragoons should and do use swords, i think that the dismounted unit needs a carbine. The enfield musketoon is what I have been using in my missions and it seems to fit nicely.

yes a lot of unit need a special weapon a brown bess for the british, a 1777 for the french, carbine for cavalery etc...maybe in the other pack

I made a Brown bess  and we are getting the bayonet to work when we get it you can use it too. I made it along time ago. For the 1776 pack.

My british troops are missing the texture on their backpacks (all of them are missing this).  

I installed everything in the following way... I first installed Napoleon pack1, then 2, and then this pack overwriting files each time.  I also have the Civil War mod 1.1 in the same folder.  Other then that everything else works.  Any idea what might be causing this???  

I must say that I am quite impressed with the calvary.  However I also agree that they should have some type of rifle when they dismount or that a seperate unit could be made with a rifle instead of a sword perhaps.  Also while you do have artillery men, I would recommend that you have units already positioned on the cannons from the Civil War Pack.

Finally, I would recommend that in the next update you include all of the necessary files so that players won't have to go through all the confusion of trying to figure out what addons from what addon pack versions they need.  I just downloaded what OFP.info said was required, but apparently there is some conflict with something from one of the earlier packs...unless of coarse everyone else has missing British packpack textures.  

Oh...one more thing. In the readme, it would be nice if there was a English translation to all the French stuff as I have no clue what 75% of the units are and its difficult to remember whats what sometimes.

But other then those things, I can only say WOW! Great job guys!!! This pack is alot of fun. But damn...now I'll have to go back to the history books to make realistic missions. lol

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

My british troops are missing the texture on their backpacks (all of them are missing this).  

I installed everything in the following way... I first installed Napoleon pack1, then 2, and then this pack overwriting files each time.  I also have the Civil War mod 1.1 in the same folder.  Other then that everything else works.  Any idea what might be causing this???  

The ones i am using i just checked them all the textures are there on mine.