Sign in to follow this  
Blackblood

UK Desert(ed) troops or BLEED

Hi, problem with the units under the player command don't responding to the given orders, "fixed". Just look at the unit that u wanna mod his gear... and the commands (6-1) menu will work plus the "6-1/6-whatever" to change his gear or shape; i'll call that: "a minor fuck" in comparison with how-GREAT-this units are; BlackBlood is God. Let's cu

My problem with the JAM stuff is, that it still use the old, low poly BIS M16+M203. With this great units on nice islands the original weapons look very ugly. sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]My problem with the JAM stuff is, that it still use the old, low poly BIS M16+M203. With this great units on nice islands the original weapons look very ugly.

If you're running a modded config like Y2K3, EECP or Inquisitor's weapons mod, the JAM M16 will inherit the improved models from that config. In JAM2, the M16/M203 is an exception to this rule, but in JAM3 it will be fixed. thumbs-up.gif

Cheers,

CH

My problem with the JAM stuff is, that it still use the old, low poly BIS M16+M203. With this great units on nice islands the original weapons look very ugly. sad_o.gif

then use the 'addweapon' command... to be honest, its a rather silly and pointless 'bug'... if he'd included Laser's weapons, the inquistor fans would have complained, or the wipman fans would have complained etc etc...

the fact they're using M16's and M4's is wrong anyways, but using stock BIS weapons lets people choose what to use... a far better idea... smile_o.gif

Hi, problem with the units under the player command don't responding to the given orders, "fixed". Just look at the unit that u wanna mod his gear... and the commands (6-1) menu will work plus the "6-1/6-whatever" to change his gear or shape; i'll call that: "a minor fuck" in comparison with how-GREAT-this units are; BlackBlood is God. Let's cu

Thanx for your kind words, mate but that issue with 'solution' is actually mentioned in the first post. ...any AI using this didn't animate s**t unless you had him in visual range and gave him a good stare. *cough RTFM cough* whistle.gif

I have a totally working backpack for upload if someones interested. It's Andersson's backpack with minor fixes by me.

It uses the RPG-proxy and i already have his permission to redistribute it. Why I didn't do something similar? Because I wasn't too happy with the swaying-back-and-forth look of it. Yeah. Bad picky BB.

*EDIT UPLOADED ANDYS BACKPACK* http://rapidshare.de/files/3053134/ANDY_backpack.rar.html

About making the bergen hold a rifle. Yes I could do that.  It's just a questions of adding a fifth slot in the bergenload array. Should not pose any probs in terms of backwards compatability.

Only need to upload the config and a couple of scripts. I strongly recommend using:

WinPBO tool with integrated PBO Patcher by Our Weapons project

Oh btw, wipman. Could you specify the SIG problem. Screenshot? Cheers!

we currently use andy backpack with a different model from the falklands mod (argie version). Would it be possible to make the andy backpack with your textures?

I'd offer to do it myself ........... but heh i aint to good at that kinda stuff.

I have had a look in the pbo file and found that adding these two lines

soldiersname setobjecttexture [5,"\BLB_UK\berg2.pac"]

~.1

soldiersname setobjecttexture [6,"\BLB_UK\pack.pac"]

on a radio alpha makes the bergen reappear after you have dropped it. perhaps then if the action menu could be replaced and then the ammo create used could respawn near to the soldier like with the andy backpack? would this work ....... this would give a stable bergen to look at (no swinging) and functions of andy backpack (re-usable)??

Just my rambling ......

*UPDATE 1.0b (18kb)* Also in the first post.

Added: Ammobearers now have a fifth slot able to carry 1 rifle

Added: Codes.txt for easy usage

Fixed: Slowdown script for ammobearers removed due to lag and laughable quality. (You don't want this, believe me)

Thanx, wipman for noticing the lag prob

Fixed: When leaving bergens on ground, ammoslot 1 was ignored.

Fixed: Strange displaynames "xsas blabla" changed to "sas blabla"

Files changed:

Config.cpp,

AmmobearerDropsBergen.sqs,

initSAS_ammobearer.sqs,

initSAS_ammobearerMP.sqs,

Inventorydrop.sqs

Inventorytell.sqs

To download, scroll down to the very bottom of the page and choose the "FREE" download option. Scroll down once again to the very bottom and the link shows up.

http://rapidshare.de/files/3055443/BLEED1.0b.rar.html

we currently use andy backpack with a different model from the falklands mod (argie version). Would it be possible to make the andy backpack with your textures?

I have had a look in the pbo file and found that adding these two lines

soldiersname setobjecttexture [5,"\BLB_UK\berg2.pac"]

~.1

soldiersname setobjecttexture [6,"\BLB_UK\pack.pac"]

on a radio alpha makes the bergen reappear after you have dropped it. perhaps then if the action menu could be replaced and then the ammo create used could respawn near to the soldier like with the andy backpack? would this work ....... this would give a stable bergen to look at (no swinging) and functions of andy backpack (re-usable)??

Yes. I see what you mean. This is how it works:

SAS (1st ammobearer) is dedicated to BLB_BERGENLOAD_I

SAS (2nd ammobearer) is dedicated to BLB_BERGENLOAD_II and so on.

This means that if say 2nd Ammob. "leaves bergen", anything inside BLB_BERGENLOAD_II -array loads up in the spawned ammocrate.  First of all we need a script to check if the right ammobearer returns to mount his bergen. Second, it can only be the same type 2 ammobearer because he's the only one carrying the right info of remaining clips/mags. Third, if someone interacts with the bergen/ammocrate like exchanging ammoclips etc we're all in a world of sh**.

So atm the ammobearers can only carry initial ammo and drop it either one by one or by "leaving bergen."  banghead.gif  sad_o.gif

btw You are most welcome to use the BLB_BERGEN.P3d in the pbo to shape an RPG-proxy for your needs. (I had one ready but it's gone...)

i see what you mean about the loadouts

when the bergen is dropped it creates an ammo create right? If so this must be identifiable from the others in a mission else they wouldnt be working to the point they are .... would they?

In short the below says - use your system until it has been dropped then change systems to andy backpack.

Surely if then each ammo create is idenifiable (through name) then , it could be scripted if a soldier comes within 5m then he gets an option to pickup bergen. Once picked up he then gets an option to open bergen, this would then spawn the create to his / her location giving access to each individual bergen loadout no matter who picks up who's bergen.

I know this isnt the intended workaround, but would this work and how do you script it to work? if so

i see what you mean about the loadouts

when the bergen is dropped it creates an ammo create right? If so this must be identifiable from the others in a mission else they wouldnt be working to the point they are .... would they?

In short the below says - use your system until it has been dropped then change systems to andy backpack.

Surely if then each ammo create is idenifiable (through name) then , it could be scripted if a soldier comes within 5m then he gets an option to pickup bergen. Once picked up he then gets an option to  open bergen, this would then spawn the create to his / her location giving access to each individual bergen loadout no matter who picks up who's bergen.

I know this isnt the intended workaround, but would this work and how do you script it to work? if so

Array setup:[Ammo A x 9,Ammo B x 9,Ammo C x 4,Ammo D x 2 ,Rifle x 1]

To convert it back from the crate also means placing the right ammo in the right slot so it wont endup:

[Ammo B x 9,Ammo D x 9,Rifle x 4,Ammo C x 2 ,Ammo A x 1]

My way of doin this is by far the easiest (read: dumbest) method when it comes to scripting it. The answers are right in front of us, it's all up to someone with a little more sparetime.

Hi, looks like that i was almost worng, the only hand gun that i've try that the units hold (in 1St person view) a bit weird (as with the stock/downside of the grip 15ÅŸ inclinated to the rigth) is the default SIG-P226 that they come with; that don't lags, hit on target & works, but i'll preffered the Syphboys SIG-P226 v1.1 (wizout the flashlight). There goes a pic showing how the units hold the default side weapon plus some other Addon side weapons:

Check the inclination:

hangoons.jpg

I've also confirmed that my wip_m1911 v1.1b it's oversized in relation to other pitols of closer size. I don't seem to be able of patch the units .pbo with the SCRIPTS folder and the CONFIG outside it, but i think that's because i don't understand the way that the WINpbo 1.0 works. Let's cu

I don't seem to be able of patch the units .pbo with the SCRIPTS folder and the CONFIG outside it, but i think that's because i don't understand the way that the WINpbo 1.0 works. Let's cu

OK. I've included a full version (1.0b) aswell at the first page.

I've noticed yet one more ugly thing when looking at your pics. The right arms sleeve is way thicker than the left one.

*Insert foul language and curses here* banghead.gif

wipman, in your pic, i see units with woodland DPM, where they in the pack? couse i cant find them....

Either under west->men->sas or some of the royal marines and para have dpm jackets. smile_o.gif

I've noticed yet one more ugly thing when looking at your pics. The right arms sleeve is way thicker than the left one.

Maybe thats because the right arm is closer to the eye than the left. So don't be too hard on yourself dude biggrin_o.gif

heya,

we have found a bug when playing in MP

sometimes when we die an error flashes up when in spectating using ECP mod. The error says something about EPC not alive count (or something like that?)

also if someone could manage to create a bergen from the textures used in this addon please let me know.

Cheers

Hi, to me the rigth arm it's ok, the left arm it's below the height of the left arm in that anim, with the left elbow doubled; that may make it look a bit bigger in 1St person, but afther look around the units in the TACview, i don't see nothing wrong or bad in the models or the sleeves 'emself. I think that everything (at least in SP) it's perfect; another big thriumph of the "free world". Let's cu

wow, this is cool smile_o.gif i like this unit, Soldiers of what country you will do by the following??

I hope I didn't miss something in the readme, but can someone tell me if there is a gamelogic or perhaps something I can write in the init's to give everyone in a group Patrol packs or bergens, as well as to start off with goggles on?

Hi, in that "possible weird way of hold the pistols" screensshots, the handgun (left down corner/hands view) are the default BIS anims; and the anims that that LSR Delta & BLB RMC(DMP) are the DMA Anims 1.0 (the pack that Sancturay released afther his Anims Pack 1.7 . Let's cu

A solution for the bergens would be if you use a multi dimensional array like ["ammo1, amount1", "ammo2, amount2", ...] then you should be able to keep track of each ammo and amount. If you assign the initial array with the init eventhandler then you could recreate the array each time you pick up the dropped bergen.

You just use weapons _this and magazines _this on the ammo crate to get its contents and then loop through the resulting arrays , switching to a new slot when the new array member differs from the current one. With this solution, any ammo bearer unit would be able to pick up any dropped bergen, because the holding array would be created when you execute the action to pick it up. crazy_o.gif