Sign in to follow this  
wipman

M4A1 Pack

to be honest, the first scope is rather pointed... i'd say have a go at making a rounder scope

Although the NV-scope looks nice it could use more poly's. It looks extremely blocky, which is very bad for such a large thing. And also; it's attached to the rail by only one point. This is not the way it's dont in RL; it's supposed to be attached to the rail on two points.

For the rest it looks awesome. The NV-scope looks very nice. Unfortunately it's not completely functional in OFP, but it still looks extremely nice. Keep it up!

Hi, we could do another thing... we could ask FatJoe to borrow us his SUSAT sight mount & ask the Ireland Armed Forces Mod for they'r Elcan scope model, & we could use that for the scoped (that should be re-designated), but that'll be a real pain, i don't want to add the Elcan because i couldn't make a custom Elcan sight (for aim, MB2) following the Suchey "how to make a custom optic sight" tutorial that's in his Baconbomb.com page. If i could... then i not will only think seriously in add the Elcan scope model to a single version... i could even think in do other 20 models (some less, just the same ACOG sighted versions, but with a Elcan) using the Elcan in the black, W & D variants; then this pack will serve too for the ADF units, the UKF units, BB Dessert grunts & some others, maybe even the KMM units. Let's cu

*Edit: afther check closely the UKF weapons im sure that FatJoe will know how the fuck make the custom sight work, i just should send him the .psd .

fatjoe has left the flashpoint scene mate, and the SUSAT model and textures are UKF's... you'd have to ask our mod leader for permission to use any of it

Hi, sad news those about Joe, he was a good man & a great texturer; i've stolen (just to ch-ch-CHECK it out!!) how it look like, the Elcan over our M4's... & this is how it looks like without any kind of texture work.

M4 Elcan:

m4_elcan.jpg

-Elcan Sight by DSA Drill Sargeant & the Ireland Armed Forces Mod.

-Elcan/Susat mount by FatJoe & the UKFP.

In case of get permisson to add that to our M4's pack, i should talk to our modeler for if he don't wants to make too the LODs for those new variants (black, D & W) & i'll need of some one with better knowledge of the alpha channels in the photoshop to make/end the Elcan custom sight that i begun to made time ago. Let's cu

nice, but its the incorrect mounting for the elcan sight

U34P27T28D747F429DT20031107030251.jpg

and

ElcanMountPicture.jpg

And the sight seems too small.

STGN

And the sight seems too small.

STGN

i guess it looks about right if held by ai, any bigger than that and you may run into that eyesticking scopes issue confused_o.gif

I bet you already hear this a hundred time, but still: Those are realy impressive textures wipman notworthy.gif

Keep the good work.

Hi, the Elcan sight that i think that was Beta... as it was, no textures touched, nor resized. Now takes the whole body frame RIS panel castles; placed where it's the AI or the players using the BIS anims or any Anims replacement pack, shouldn't have any clipping problem with it; but well... as u can see the mount and the Elcan itself needs to be remaped, and the textures made in a way (the PS levels of the photos) that will able me to make 'em "camoed", as far as i know... the Elcan sights don't are painted in camo, like the ACOG's, the M68's or some spotter scopes, only a single colour; green or desert, & that's good. That's good because in the case that our modeler say "yes", to make 'em... (LODs, remaping...) then i'll mail the owners of that sight for ask 'em for they'r permison, they'r reachable; not like those CS freaks that where who made this M4's original models & the textures; they look good now because they made a great job. Now... the Elcan as it's.

Elcan C79A2:

m4_elcan01.jpg

Let's cu

Really nice M4s! Do you plan on making any M4 lookalikes such as the M733 or the Diemaco SFW?

just a small point on the M4 elcan and its uses... UK use the diemaco elcan and acog, not the M4 - i know they have very similiar looks, but just something i wanted to point out biggrin_o.gif

Just to be picky, if your referring to us, we are the Irish Defence Forces Pack. smile_o.gif I am not sure to be honest if thats ours or not lol, as i havent exactly kept up to date with everything in the pack, even though i seem to be the last alive member lol. whistle.gif

Sorry, extremely picky i know, but...

...anyway, afaik Imshi Yallah has all but left OFP due to not having net at his new apartment, so if you DO want to use it, shove yer requests over this way and i'll see what i can do. wink_o.gif

Hi, i've requested the best looking Elcan sight out there (not yet) for our M4's, to rework the textures and make also D & W camoed variants equiped with Elcan scopes; but we haven't found a good solution for the problem with the Tasco scope in the black DMR M4, so... the only thing that i been able to think in... is this:

M4A1-DMR:

m4_dmr.jpg

And yes, we gonna make CAR-15's too; in woodland camo, desert camo & black scratched. Without any kind of sight, no Elcan, no ACOG, no M68, no Eotech; but we could maybe do some with M203's, in 2 versions; using 30rnds mags (clipped) & 20rnds mags (only 1 single mag). I could begin to work on those soon, i think that i ended the textures of all the M4's that we made until now, Elcan & Eotech sighted ones are pending. Let's cu

Hi, as The Trashmen will say... "bAaAaD nEeEeEWwWsSsS"; i gonna quit my internet connection in august; there'r 3 weeks that i don't know noting of our modeler & i've updated, cleared and fixed some of the LODs of the M4's, added the laser beam, repossitioned the x20 mag & some other things. But there'r some things that i can't do; like fix 5 or 6 of the M4 models & make that all the M4's spitt the empty shells in the right angle (that should be like in the Dan M14's). Other thing that i can't do it's make by myself sights models that have the same dimensions than the E&S sights. I've messaged the only config writter that we had & he haven't replyed me; this was 4 or 5 days ago. So... we need a config writter & fast, we'r running out of time, we've a month to complete this weapons pack or it'll never gonna see the light; and then, the OFP & the OFP players lost with this. This are all the M4 models:

m4s_b.jpg

m4s_d.jpg

m4s_d01.jpg

m4s_w.jpg

m4s_w01.jpg

What we need is:

A config writter.

A modeler.

---------------------------------

Make the M4's use the latest STGN M4 ballistic values.

Make the M4's use the TACTevents extra smoke effects.

Make the M4's spitt the shells like how the Dan M14's do it.

Do sights (models) that work by night using the E&S sights.

End some Distance LODs.

& i think that that's all; we need help. Let's cu

After crunching my fingers for 4 hours on the keyboard, the config is written. I've tweaked the models abit. (Closed the bolts, ect) Theirs only a few bugs left (A couple of shadow bugs & some missing overview pictures.) Shouldn't be long now.

WIP_Small.jpg

Hmm, how close are you to making all (Well, most) cobinations of the M4, does this mean no need for another M4 to be made? *Hopefull look*

Scarily nice work, what poly count are the weapons?

That last edited in BG pic was nice biggrin_o.gif

..and was that last pic really nessisary? icon_rolleyes.gif

- Ben

Hi, well... i think that with this M4's there will be no real need of other big packs of M4's, maybe some individual packs sharing the ballistic values with our M4's, the models & the textures; this M4's pack if it's released... it's there for every OFP player to have fun with it.

And yes, that pic have our (at least mine) common scream of happyness: PUNK's NOT DEAD!!! PUNK's NOT DEAD!!! OI!! OI!! OI!! PUNK's NOT DEAD!!!!!.

That's how i use to celebrate in public any victory; and this look like as if the OFP players & myself as another player, could at last beeing closer to a partial big victory if DSA Drill Sargeant achive to make those M4's that we've worked so hard in 'em for all us; the OFP players... to work. Let's cu & stay stonned >>:-)

Hey the guy with that gun in the black suit, who is he/she and where can i download him/her from?

Hi, i don't know, exigent; could be the beta SF's or seals that DSA Drill Sargeant and Extraction were working on; so i don't know nothing about 'em, sorry. Let's cu