Sign in to follow this  
wipman

M4A1 Pack

Wipman, are you saying that your M4s will have jpg textures?

Not Paa/Pac?

Hi, no; this pack ONLY use .paa & some .pac textures (like the MF ones). Even using the Feer PaaTool 1.1 the .paa or .pac textures that i've converted loose quality; and ever that i've converted a .jpg into a .paa or .pac it looses quality, there's no way of avoid that as far as i know.

I need the textures in .jpg to work more easy on 'em for apply the camo's, make the scratches and add lightnings and shadows afther the camo applycation, colour levels chnages and all that; that's why i need the Eotech textures in .jpg, there's not a single .jpg texture in our M4's, they were; now they'r ONLY .paa or .pac, even the inventory pics. Let's cu

smile_o.gif

Keep up the good work then!

Don't rush it, polish it as much as you want!

Eh wipman just to be shure, for higher texture quality u have ticked the RGBA 5:5:5:1 settings, right? It takes the paaTool some 5 to 10 minutes but the difference in quality is quite noticeable.

Hi, another texture ended; this time... is the vertical grip. Sadly i've discovered late that that RGBA 5:5:5:1 could make the textures look better. For the textures i switched the PaaTool 1.1 in: "Auto-Detect". I asked Feer one time in OFPEC "what all those other fuckin' 5:5:5:whafuckin'ever modes serve 4?" & he told me between other things... "you don't care, let it in auto-detect" so, the only texture converted from: .jpg > .tga > .paa using that RGBA 5:5:5:1 mode, it's that vertical grip. It may look better than letting it in "auto-Detect" because took it much more to convert it than in "auto-detect" mode. There's the resoult.

New Texture ended (vertical grip):

progress_03.jpg

P.D:If we finally gonna use the Eotech we should be knowing what versions we'll do with it; also knowing wich version will use the x20 rnds mags & wich the x30 rnds mag, and clipped or just a single mag. That'll be good. Let's cu

Hi, i've converted all the black/scratched textures using that RGBA 5:5:5:1 mode and damn... it's true, they look a bit better than just letting it in "auto-detect" (thanx feer 4 yar ******' help) unfortunatelly i can't do the same with the desert and woodland textures because i've deleted the .tga's & .psd's because i don't knew about the properties of that mode; but well... they still serving. This is the noticeable change from how they were before to how they'r now.

RGBA 5:5:5:1 :

progress_04.jpg

Let's cu

wow_o.gif Oh my god that newest pic looks amazing!

Hi, well SGTeversman... another loating M4, a CAR-15 this time; i hate 'em, the M4's or the CAR-15's; as weapons they'r bad & ugly. Maybe with the new HK made M4's this may be different; but they still be ugly for me. We haven't any reflex sight model or textures; and... the CAR-15's gonna use only iron sights, we want to make 'em with x20 rdns mag & with x30; what we'r not sure yet, is if do the x30 version with 1 single mag or with 2 clipped mags, i'll preffer 'em with 2 clipped mags (all the CAR-15's also in Desert, Woodland & scratched) but not scoped versions or even M203, that's why u've there all those M4A1+M203, they'r there for use. Let's cu

Hi, i hope to end at least the M68 Aimpoint texture this night & then will only remain (apart of the CAR-15's textures) the Mk, the LAM, the Harris & the Tasco scope; i gonna change the M4 with that scope and make it use the x20 rdns mag & use the Harris bipod; i think that could be better no?, and look better for me.

M4M68:

miss68.jpg

Let's cu

Hi, i think that's ready; this is how it looks like now & how the scoped M4 looks like in the desert version:

Scratched M68 Aimpoint:

olemissguevos.jpg

M4 Scope(D):

new_m4_scoped.jpg

Let's cu

Hey Wipman,

Aimpoint is a 1x optic therefore it doesn't have a scaling ring, but it goes with or without safty caps.

Hi, well Gordy, u could have pointed that before, the 1St time that u seen the desert version of the M4's; now is late. And btfw... looks like that i gonna have to rework from 0.3 that scratched texture; it's displaced. But i'll let that pain for tomorrow, im tired of paint pixel by pixel. Let's cu

Hi, well Gordy, u could have pointed that before, the 1St time that u seen the desert version of the M4's; now is late. And btfw... looks like that i gonna have to rework from 0.3 that scratched texture; it's displaced. But i'll let that pain for tomorrow, im tired of paint pixel by pixel. Let's cu

I haven't said anything because you said it was still WIP.

hey wipman

huge fan of your work mate, your doing an absolutely amazing job! biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Everything that is Wipman = Good work!!!

Amazing the first time I meet a spanish guy that makes something useful!!

Dunno why, but even me hating US weapons this pack is really interesting and nice!!!

Well cya mate and continue with the good work...

Cya take care

BV

PS:: Wipman I have decided now...I wont go for the Navy Infantry! Or OE, Commandos or Marines! Hehe!

Hi, could some one tell me how to map a texture over a model in the O2?, im thinking in remap the back lense of the M68 aimpoint for a not red glass texture; but i don't know how. & Not all what i do it's great; but im spanish... "im over the average..." >>;-). Let's cu

the easiest thing to do as a novice at O2 would be the following... take note of what the original texture name was and open up the model in O2...

on the left handside there is a list of all the textures used on the model... find the one you want to remap and double click whilst holding ctrl on it... this will highlight the face you want to remap. Now alt click into one of the views in O2 and lign up the face in the appropiate view (left most likely).

Now press A which will put you into texture mode, and drag a box out (will be transparent box at first) and right click in this box and 'load texture'. Find the texture you want to remap and click ok. You should have a texture loaded in this box. Resize it by holding down shift and using the arrow keys and move it by just using the arrow keys so its over the face you want to map it to... then press B and then A to leave texture mode and it should be remapped.

sorry, its hard to try and explain something i think is quite mundane after doing it so often - appologies if my explanation is confusing

Hi, thanks Messiah, but seems that what's hard it's the O2; i don't get to make the texture appear afther click on "Load Texture", that box stills empty, but many thanks for your help. Let's cu

it may be because your O2 is set up incorrectly, or you are loading the texture from an 'illegal' place - to say that any texture you load should be loaded from the root directory where bulldozer is located...