Sign in to follow this  
TALLA2xlc

New T80 Modell

Where's the proof? You can't say from a small picture on a website that it's the same model as the one posted here. I admit it's damned suspicious , but you can't just convene a kangaroo court and say he's stolen a model without evidence - all I see is reasonable doubt here.

And, if this is the model, he has not yet stolen the model - he will have committed theft (if the model IS not his own) only if he uploads the model to the OFP community. So far he's shown some pics of it (okay) and he's said it's not stolen (which it isn't, yet).

Where's the proof? You can't say from a small picture on a website that it's the same model as the one posted here. I admit it's damned suspicious , but you can't just convene a kangaroo court and say he's stolen a model without evidence - all I see is reasonable doubt here.

He already did it 3 times before. If you read the link in joe@jonny's post (German unfortunately) you can see this guy already built up a reputation. I can only laugh about how pathetic this is rofl.gif

It'd be nice to see some proof it's a different model than the one of 3DCadbrowser.com. They look awfully similar, but the one thing I notice is the pic on 3DCadbrowser.com does not have those grates in the back, it has a solid block, but that wouldn't take much work to change in O2.

Is there anyway to prove to us that you made this model?

It's not techinaly theft..

Quote[/b] ]Use of downloaded materials

All of the downloadable 3D models available in 3D CAD Browser catalog may be used free in your own work. 3D models may not be sold individually or provided for free to another parties.

It's what it's there for, to use in various things (Kinda useless downloading a model and not being able to do anything with it).

But it's.. "not right" to claim you made it, just say "It's downloaded of 3D CAD Browser" or "Model originaly by Gunter Zimmer" and everyone's happy smile_o.gif

Polycount, the one on the site seems about right, and fits under 30k limit tounge2.gif

Imported a 40k poly model, O2 was "okay" (Slowed down seriously) but Buldozer crashed, as did OFP

20k polys is far to much for a single object, espically a model that could easily be used 4 times in a small mission... crazy_o.gif

Good luck with getting it in game, and "Poor PC" is all else I can say tounge2.gif

- Ben

Hmmm did someone tried to download this T80 model from this page?

You won't be able because you have to pay for it so if he has payed for it it's his model ... but even if he have bought the model he could credit the author ... dunno if this site has something like an Eula ....

Hmmm, he does have a bit of a track record doesn't he.  Hopefully he posts in his defense of 'fesses up.

Quote[/b] ]It's not techinaly theft..

Already said it smile_o.gif.

If he doesn't come and say "I made this-swear on -insert source of swearing on here-", then I suggest this get moved to the Off-Topic, as he would have no right to provide the model to us as an addon for OFP.

[...]

But it's.. "not right" to claim you made it, just say "It's downloaded of 3D CAD Browser" or "Model originaly by Gunter Zimmer" and everyone's happy smile_o.gif

[...]

/\

/||\

||

@ July 04 2005,21:38)]Hmmm did someone tried to download this T80 model from this page?

You won't be able because you have to pay for it so if he has payed for it it's his model ... but even if he have bought the model he could credit the author ... dunno if this site has something like an Eula ....

EULA or not, its still very sad and pathetic to claim you made something when in fact you didnt. This has been discussed before and has resulted in hundreds if not more closed topics....and rightly so.

goodnight.gif

The truth always comes out..

It's sadening that some people are like "yeah yeah whatever, just give me the addons".

I think this attitude wholely irresponsible and as bad as anyone who would import a model without stating it is not their own work.

This is why people still try to get away with it: there is always the crowd willing to kiss their ass for scrounging of the hard work of others.

Sickening.

I am pretty disappointed. I thought that hey perhaps this guy really is telling the truth, he really did put a lot of work into this model and I wanted to show my respect.. Since this surfaced, I have no idea what to think. huh.gif

It's obvious that the type 80 tank is the same model as on 3dcadbrowser. Both models have way too many unique similarities I haven't seen on any real type 80 photo. Of course he might be Gunter Zimmer but ow do you explain that he has also done a Leo that is also featured on 3dcadbrowser but it's done by a person called Ken Shmack.

3dcadbrowser also happens to host a Statue of Liberty model made by Mac Mahon Holck which TALLA2xlc also claims he has made.

The most obvious thing though is that he has removed all the pictures but still haven't commented the claims of theft.

I guess there's not much to talk about anymore so I'd prefer that the mods closes this thread and deals with TALLA2xlc.

this model is not stolen!!!

he did comment on it... but he just lied a little more

I have received a PM via the DKM site asking me to texture this tank... I'm not going to touch it with a 40ft pole. banghead.gif

That would be a little odd, good idea tounge2.gif

Anyway, this thread does seem to be going nowhere, as TALLA2xlc doesn't seem to be saying much..

Just one thing, what do people (I.e you) think of addons using downloaded models? (I.e the person is a texurer, downloadedthe model, textured, confied etc it)

Personaly I have nothing against it, theres no difference between someone who models it specificaly for flashpoint, or someone who modeled it for anyone to use aslong as it's not for commecrial gain (Which if it is in OFP, is against the O2 EULA thing)

(And assuming the person says they downloaded it from here, and it was orig made by Mr 3DCADBrowserDotComPerson..)

- Ben

i have nothing against people using models from the net, to better the addons available to the community. Granted i think its a lazy way out of making addons, seeing as most of us opt to put effort into our work...

taking models from the net and claiming them as your own? Thats just plain insulting... especially for the poor bloke who spent hours making it...

(did spot a 500,000 pollie Warrio MCV on that site - Reckon i could claim that to be UKF's biggrin_o.gif )

Another question:

anyone that has seen this newsflash a while ago might have seen it, but I nicked the lower turret from LLW's Leopard , and the upper part from FDF's Marksman. Ben made the legs himself, but we decided that since they looked much like the real thing, we would take the lazy way, and ask permission later.

But the question here: what does the general public think about using (parts from) other addons, and ask permission to release it when it's done? huh.gif

(Btw, I think this project died a slow death, maaaaaaybe till armes wink_o.gif )

claiming something to be your own when its not is pretty disgraceful. about asking to use bits of another addon you have 3 options really

first before you start work on it ask for permission from the relevent people, if your a well known addonmaker of resonable talent chances are youwill get permission.

second take the bits you need make your addon until its in a resonable state to show to the people who youve borrowed the required parts from and then ask this is maybe more likly to get you permission than step one if your a lesser know addon maker as it shows your resonably compent and willing to do a good job but it also means you cant show the addon to the public until youve got the required permission and also run the chance of being turned down.

thrid be a complete tit and take everything you need modify it and claim it as your own and in the end get found out and be burnt at stake by the community.

Jezz said just what I was going to say so I will spare you a few lines. Showing the addon to the public before you've asked the original addon makers is not acceptable. Asking for permission before you show it is not a big effort.

about showing that MW77 before asking... *looks at certain overexited ofp.info newsposter* confused_o.gif

But as I said: the project isn't going anywhere soon I think whistle.giftounge2.gif .

we make models for free, basicly we cant sue anyone who will modify them, well... BIS doesnt sue us for modifing theyr models to ;-)

so when i see retextured and slightly remodeled lets say BIS URAL and in readme stands, all rights reserved to Some Team, then i think its some kind of mistake, shouldnt it be All rights reserved to BIS ?

look at CS community, download any weapon, let me give readme example.

Quote[/b] ]

Hack: Muse

Compiling: Dragoon

P&W Models: Muse

Fixing Animations: Dragoon

Ak47 Parts: Endorphin/Galen

Scope: Hack by Deadmeat

Sniper Scope Sprite: Muse

modified models are HACKS, creators of those hacks just give proper credits and everything is ok....

respecting credits while using/reworking others work is one thing.

Not respecting credits issue is another. and worth sorrow.

( on the site with models on the previous page)There is more better model of t-80 ( russian, not chin.). Why he did that model?

Edit: Oops that might have been flaming...

Something to do with their intelligence, trying to pass off a model which was not theirs.

All the propiety discussions aside, let's get back to the practical aspect. As others have suggested, it's extremely impractical if not impossible to try and get this level of model into OFP/VBS. Where it might be of interest is in creating normal maps in 3dsMax, but if our subject is as inexperienced in Max as can be assumed by showing the models as-is, it would seem that he's also significantly ignorant of the balancing and scalability requirements involved. I have little to no modeling talent, yet I still understand and appreciate that the effort involved in downgrading a high-poly model appropiately can often involve as much work as creating the same model from scratch, unless you happen to be a genius at Max. Seriously though, to the importer, why bother going to all the effort and hours to make something that no one can use, regardless of whether you made it originally or not?