Sign in to follow this  
Grim_Fandango

T-90S

Hey all, first post, so feel free to eat me alive if I stray from common etiquette  wink_o.gif

I think someone is really missing something in the OFP community, I mean we got so many great west addons, and copies of west addons, and copies of copies of west addons (surely there can only exist so many deltas), all the while East is really lacking some real quality material.

ORCS and RHS and Nashe Orusje have made som fantastic addons for East, but in my oppinion there's a major gap in the russian materials. For example a good main battle tank. It's practicly impossible to use any of the newer west addons to fight the east addons, because there aren't any to match them. How come noone has made a T-90S? I hate to be a whiner, but with so many really amazing addons coming out of Tigers and Leopards and Abrams and other T's, it seems a bit odd that noone is making some modern mbt's to even out the balance.

Also there's a bit of a gap in russian aircraft. I mean flankers and migs are represented ad nauseum, but there's still no really excellent transport/paradrop plane. What about an Antonov AN-22? The russian bigger-is-better version equivalent of the C-130. I mean I might be asking alot of the modelling community, but compared to previous releases, it shouldn't be that hard to remodel a C-130 into an AN-22.

So, to all you amazing addon makers, is a T-90S and an AN-22 really too much to ask for OFP? smile_o.gif

for a old addon it still does the job, and still looks nice if i may say so myself smile_o.gif

I agree, I still use that pack myself and quite a bit. I do wish the T-80 pack would've been updated a little, but no real complaints here.

Uhhh there's an T90S over here. Maybe look first before asking a question  confused_o.gif

And I stand corrected. I did try searching Ofp.cz for a T-90S, but I guess the dash made me miss that one. Thanks.

Still though, like someone said it is an old addon, still really great, but it isn't as cutting edge as most of the new ones.

And what about the plane deficiency? smile_o.gif

I agree, I still use that pack myself and quite a bit. I do wish the T-80 pack would've been updated a little, but no real complaints here.

a updated T-80 by RHS will be in the CSLA update biggrin_o.gif

I wouldnt mind having a T-80 or T-90 in detail and with maybee extra gadgets to counter the M1A2 SEP that we have ingame... That thing is lethal and can kill more then 6 tanks like the RHS armour we have now...

Also a pack not part of a mod... so its easier to download if you only want the tanks! confused_o.gif

Concerning the lack of good aircraft for paradrops, you might want to check Footmunch's updated AN-72 Coaler cargo aircraft. It has a built in parachute script, flys extremely well, looks great, and even has realistic STOL capabilities. Look on the thread in the ADDONS:COMPLETED section to see some screenshots of it that I made of it in action on the last two pages of the thread.

There is also an updated version of Kodyak's old AN-124 cargo aircraft that Vit made as well.

Oh...finally there is a AN-12 that was uncompleted...I need to remember to ask Calm Terror to help me update the tail turret and get it released.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Concerning the lack of good aircraft for paradrops, you might want to check Footmunch's updated AN-72 Coaler cargo aircraft.  It has a built in parachute script, flys extremely well, looks great, and even has realistic STOL capabilities.  Look on the thread in the ADDONS:COMPLETED section to see some screenshots of it that I made of it in action on the last two pages of the thread.

There is also an updated version of Kodyak's old AN-124 cargo aircraft that Vit made as well.

Oh...finally there is a AN-12  that was uncompleted...I need to remember to ask Calm Terror to help me update the tail turret and get it released.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Yea, sad thing is that alot of really great mods go unfinished. I am currently using the AN-72 Coaler, which is also a great ops-plane. The AN-124 is far too big for actual ops, it's more of a flying freight train really, but great mod from VIT all the same.

I'm not a military expert at all, but of all the russian aircraft I'm familiar with I'd say that the AN-22 is probably the best guess at a really great large cargoplane to be used for paradrops etc. I'm pretty sure the C-130 was built with inspiration from this aircraft (it was also the first widebodied aircraft in the world according to Discovery Channel biggrin_o.gif)

Antonov 22 Anteus

An-22-006s.jpg

I wouldnt mind having a T-80 or T-90 in detail and with maybee extra gadgets to counter the M1A2 SEP that we have ingame... That thing is lethal and can kill more then 6 tanks like the RHS armour we have now...

Also a pack not part of a mod... so its easier to download if you only want the tanks!  confused_o.gif

"That thing" means INQ SEP? AFAIR in the latest version of M1A2 there is very easy to force crew to bail out and overpowered Sigma-6`s T90 are here powerful opponent.

Fans of Russian tanks have to wait for new RHS and ORCS (Sea Demon`s T72B?) addons, hope it would not be overpowered...

Killing 6 T55s or even T64s (I cannot remember if RHS published any other tanks) with one M1A2 SEP (face to face) seems not to be unrealistic - in fact these are tanks from different eras, with very different capabilities and equipment. The latest T90s or last series of T80s are much more better here (against ultimate Abrams versions).

Yeah, a fully equipped T-90 with all the Kontakt-5 ERA would definitely be a dangerous threat to any Abrams. It is unknown whether or not even a depleted uranium sabot round from an M1A2 would penetrate Kontakt-5 ERA AND a T-90's heavy armor. But there is a strong chance that it wouldn't from tests conducted on Kontakt. I remember Sigma had a link to a real cool site regarding kontakt-5 ERA. I'll try and find the site when I get home.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I actually happen to think theres enough friggin Russian tanks floating around and the Russians do quite well addonwise for everything.

Make something else.  banghead.gif <--- I havent used that one yet so i had to.

EDIT:

Well, if you're not understanding the English he'd mean "Ochen Xhorosho," but if you're being a bastard then I'd like to remind you who reset the standard for Russian Motor-Rifle Infantrymen. Considering Nashe Orujie's recent work on their Mi-8 / Mi-17s and their magnificent Mi-26, there's no way to deny them their dues.

'Course, the ORCS units themselves aren't bad. Those Caucasus-Crisis weapons are pretty fine.

If it is just a translation issue then I'd apologize but it seems odd that you wouldn't be able to use one of the many available online translators to get the result you require.

Hi, i agree that there's no really good russian MBT out there, i miss a good T72 covered with reactive armour plates or yeah, a T90whatever; i also miss some updates on old released addons that prey "Russian Naval Infantry". Like use the Russian Naval Infantry Crew Man addon by Earl, Suchey & Tactician.

There's something wrong with the head model + the glasses addon, u can see through the edges of the glasses; apart of that... it's a great addon that matches with the USMC Addon Pack 1.0 in 700 few Kb's; instead in 10Mb, that i think it's insane for a single addon unit. Let's cu

Hi, i think that i shouldn't try it; i've the best russian naval infantry out there; the Earl & Suchey Marine Pack 1.0 great weapons, great units, no lag in any PC & 100% MP compatible. Anyway... some russian MBT with the same degree of detail than some of the western addons will be very good. Let's cu

Quote[/b] ]

It's practicly impossible to use any of the newer west addons to fight the east addons, because there aren't any to match them. How come noone has made a T-90S? I hate to be a whiner, but with so many really amazing addons coming out of Tigers and Leopards and Abrams and other T's, it seems a bit odd that noone is making some modern mbt's to even out the balance.

How about the Black Eagle Tank from DKM?

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=5655

Its nice but it has armor values and firepower of an WW2 era T-26. It has absolutely no value in any mission with anything but original BIS tanks wich is so dam shame because model and textures are 1 grade work. sad_o.gif

I hope to see the Black Eagle updated(config) some day.

This tank is a top addon, but not really useable, because of the balancing with BIS tanks.

MfG Lee sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

It's practicly impossible to use any of the newer west addons to fight the east addons, because there aren't any to match them. How come noone has made a T-90S? I hate to be a whiner, but with so many really amazing addons coming out of Tigers and Leopards and Abrams and other T's, it seems a bit odd that noone is making some modern mbt's to even out the balance.

How about the Black Eagle Tank from DKM?

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=5655

Like others have noted it doesn't even out the balance in effect, but it's definetely a very good initiative from the DKM team and a great model as well.

Sigma 6's T-90's that Ironsight made me aware of are very good as well, but I'd really like to see some cutting edge stuff that wasn't American or European smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]@AKM

Sorry, i've just made a wrong translation

I don't use onlne translators, coz i get just unrelated words instead of text

OK, my apologies, MaxPain. The second one I linked you to, the PROMPT one... that seems to work alright.

I actually happen to think theres enough friggin Russian tanks floating around and the Russians do quite well addonwise for everything.

Make something else.  banghead.gif  <--- I havent used that one yet so i had to.

EDIT:

I agree to an extent.

M1A1 Abrams - Done

M1A2 Abrams SEP - Done

M60A3 - Done

M60A1 with upgraded armor plates I would like

T-54/55 - Done

T-55 Enigma - Done

T-62 - Done

T-64 - Done

T-72 - Done

T-80 - Done

T-90 - Done

Challenger 1 - Done

Challenger 2 - Done

Leopard - Done

Merkava - Done

Leclerc - Done

ADF Tank - Done

Canadaian - Leopard

Is their anything else.  It looks like everything needs to be updated to one armor scale.  We need to set a standard and stick to it.

The Canadian Leopard variants C-1 and C-2 were done by Operation Northstar and released some time ago. IIRC it was based on a BWMOD model from their 1.2 or 1.3 release.

The Canadian Leopard variants C-1 and C-2 were done by Operation Northstar and released some time ago. IIRC it was based on a BWMOD model from their 1.2 or 1.3 release.

Really. That is why I named it

Canadian Leopard - Done

Done = Complete or Finished