Sign in to follow this  
raedor

Mapfact's Respawn v2.0

From the ReadMe:

Quote[/b] ]I. Description

Mapfact's Respawn is a modified and limited instant respawn.

After playing OFP's normal respawns long enough many people were looking for a compromise between an infinite and no respawn.

With Mapfact's Respawn the mission maker can set the respawn count to every number he wants. Instead of instantly respawning

another player of the same side has to come close to the dead body to respawn the dead player. After the set respawns are used,

the spectating script is started automatically (when it is not set otherwise by the mission maker).

The Respawn v1.0 by JörgF. brought some liveliness to many multiplayer missions. As this version had some minor bugs, raedor decided to develop a full new 2nd version.

He included the Spectating Script v1.4 by Kegetys in this 2nd version of the Respawn. The scripts are not only written completely new and from scratch, but also tested a long time with many players on dedicated servers. Additional we made a little documentation, that nearly everybody is able to include the Respawn in his multiplayer mission. Here is the readme (there's also a readme included in the download).

download it over at mapfact.net.

excellent - i'll have a look. might be useful for the mp leagues. biggrin_o.gif

To all the guys out there, you really have to try out this respawn. It's marvellous! Normally I don't like respawn in MP missions, as it only destroys teamplay and people start to act incautiously, but this is really the first respawn that actually helps to improve teamplay! So get it and make missions with it wink_o.gif

the respawn concept sounds very good and like hardrock said will help to improve teamplay, good job smile_o.gif

it would be good to quote a little bit of the readme, to let people know what this is all about wink_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

I'll try it out. Sounds like something for my 2 hours+ coop missions.

In LAN people tend to get angry if they die after 10 minutes.

Just give it a try !

If you use the Time-Param for blooding out ... The last Rambo has to learn, to stay near the Group !

And sure you have to learn to read the MAP correctly, for anouncing your Position :-)

Nothing more to say as help.gif me someone .....

Guest Ti0n3r

Mapfact's Respawn v2.0 is perfect. Thank you. notworthy.gif

i have prepared a demo mission pack for it, but i can't release it as it requires the updated rhs gru/rfmi/weap and the mapfact oil addon. whistle.gif

Great work guys, but I think the Param example mission description.ext has FDF tagged rsc classes instead of MAP. The simple example mission has that corrected I think. Have to try to fix it myself.

Also you could give some more info on what that first option does with the param, medic + medic autoheal. Medic and All automaticly makes the brave teammate bring the dead back to life too, so it can't be that automation.

Oh and include that damn RscPicture class into the example so it will be complete tounge2.gif

Great work guys, but I think the Param example mission description.ext has FDF tagged rsc classes instead of MAP. The simple example mission has that corrected I think. Have to try to fix it myself.

Also you could give some more info on what that first option does with the param, medic + medic autoheal. Medic and All automaticly makes the brave teammate bring the dead back to life too, so it can't be that automation.

Oh and include that damn RscPicture class into the example so it will be complete tounge2.gif

thx for reports, i'll fix it asap.

medic + autoheal: only medics can heal, if a medic dies, he's respawned automatically

medic: only medics can heal, if a medic dies, he has to be healed by another medic

all: everyone can heal, no autohealing

i'm sorry if the example mission is buggy, i have a lot working demo missons, but one last is not yet ready.

Now that I got the spectating working, I noticed I can't disable the missile cam which tracks every bullet, shotgun shells and whatnot. That jammed up my OFP. I had a look at the description.ext bit for the button, kinda strange line there. The first line in the missileCam script probably doesn't do jack and shouldn't, but the spectScript script should perhaps exlude auto firing mode or something, atleast.

Also the spectating starts from that civvy, far far away on the other side of the map, and moves to the corpse miles away. Any way around that?

Now that I got the spectating working, I noticed I can't disable the missile cam which tracks every bullet, shotgun shells and whatnot. That jammed up my OFP. I had a look at the description.ext bit for the button, kinda strange line there. The first line in the missileCam script probably doesn't do jack and shouldn't, but the spectScript script should perhaps exlude auto firing mode or something, atleast.

Also the spectating starts from that civvy, far far away on the other side of the map, and moves to the corpse miles away. Any way around that?

if it causes too many problems you can disable the spect script in the init.sqs for now. i hope i can fix msot of the stuff.

i fixed most things, i'll put up the update later, i just need to test it with a 2nd player.

Alright, fast work  wink_o.gif

If your test mission doesn't require your oil addon and the rhs I can help. I doubt I can get the rhs part of it  biggrin_o.gif

/me goes fetch coffee

ok, just uploaded a new version:

Mapfact's Respawn v2.00 FIXED

thanks to MI_Fred for bugreports and to Flashpoint_K for testing.

download it here smile_o.gif

readme is also updated: here.

Quote[/b] ]Changes form v2.0 to v2.0 FIXED:

*spectating script does start direct above the dead body now

*you shouldn't be able to see the dummy now after dying

*param test mission fixed

Is this based off Doolittle's "almost dead" respawn? We've been using that in some coop missions for about a couple of years and it's definitely much better than standard instant respawn.

i don't know this "almost dead" respawn. i based it on JörgF.'s respawn, but it seems to be very similar to Doolittle's. there were some technical problems i solved, that's why we re-released it. for example that units die as soon as the player of the unit disconnected.

*cough* revive respawn *cough*

See 'Oceanic Gaming Networks' Server missions (half use it).

and 'Xtreme Defence Force' Server Missions (Few missions use it).

Very Famous Respawn, dont see any difference in this... I use Revive Respawn 1.56.

Edit: For those who want to know what I am talking about: ReviveRespawn V1.56 (Right Click save target as, or paste into address bar)

Constructive Critism: This has a lot more scripts than the Revive Respawn, but is the same?! confused_o.gif

*cough* revive respawn *cough*

See 'Oceanic Gaming Networks' Server missions (half use it).

and 'Xtreme Defence Force' Server Missions (Few missions use it).

Very Famous Respawn, dont see any difference in this... I use Revive Respawn 1.56.

Edit: For those who want to know what I am talking about: ReviveRespawn V1.56 (Right Click save target as, or paste into address bar)

Constructive Critism: This has a lot more scripts than the Revive Respawn, but is the same?! confused_o.gif

as i don't know revive respawn i can't tell you the differences. i''m sure mine has some more options for the mission maker.

has the reviverespawn solved the disconnecting problem?

/edit: i can d/l the revresp, but i can't open the rar (damaged).

I played a mission (by MI_Fred) yesterday using this respawn, and as I was blown away and my team mates was unable to find my dead body before the time ran out, I was 100% dead tounge2.gif That's when I noticed the bug that the spectating script script didn't work confused_o.gif I was stuck to watching my dead body all the time. I tried pressing esc, but nothing happened, tried pressing 'v', tried pressing w,s,a,d and numpad buttons etc, nothing worked sad_o.gif

That's when I noticed the bug that the spectating script script didn't work confused_o.gif I was stuck to watching my dead body all the time. I tried pressing esc, but nothing happened, tried pressing 'v', tried pressing w,s,a,d and numpad buttons etc, nothing worked sad_o.gif

I guess raedor will be biting several fingers off now. biggrin_o.gifcrazy_o.gifconfused_o.gif

haha, no. i guess MI_Fred was nice enough to set the variable MAP_noKEG to true. rofl.gif

i included this for missions where the spectating script takes away the fun for the players as they have an all-seeing eye.

also for the timeout, if the time was too short, MI_Fred should put a higher value to the variable MAP_respHealMaxTime.

Here's Doolittle's original, although he made several revisions.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....olittle

I rewrote his scripts a bit back then so that you could have different types of soldiers respawn each other. It's also fun using this kind of script as a "freeze tag" game, where each team tries to eliminate the other team, but you can revive your fallen teammates. First team to have no living players within the zone loses the round.

The only aggravating part about revive respawn is when you have some n00b on your team who doesn't understand it and runs right by your body bag without reviving you.

I'll def check yours out. Improvements are always good to have!

ah, ok, thx for the link.

as i see my respawn is way different from this, to say some points:

*you can use my respawn with all addons, on all four sides (in one mission, not tested for more than 12 players)

*if someone takes a rifle/mag from the "dead" body, he should not have it after being revived

*more different options (only some types of units can heal, timeout "bleeding out", chooseable respawn limit, ...)

*you won't have a super-godmode-AI if someone disconnects

*spectating script

haha, no. i guess MI_Fred was nice enough to set the variable MAP_noKEG to true. rofl.gif

i included this for missions where the spectating script takes away the fun for the players as they have an all-seeing eye.

also for the timeout, if the time was too short, MI_Fred should put a higher value to the variable MAP_respHealMaxTime.

oh...erm, don't think he deactivated the script on purpose then tounge2.gif And the time was like 180 seconds, the problem was that me and hawkins got blown away, and we went opposite directions I think...they found him in time, but my body landed 60 m from the spot where I got blown to pieces crazy_o.gif