Sign in to follow this  
sicilian

Official Release Of OFPSentry Anti Cheat System

So give it a try. If you dont try something new you will never get a solution on this! We will see what they can do...

Why not setting it up on your server for one weekend or even one day and only allow players with sentry running? Set the server to put the xml anywhere so you can access it from the web. So everybody can verify the use of Ofpsentry.

hmm, i thought this was client only, what goes on the server?

I sent Suma the complete OFP cheats this morning, with every known cheat, and told him to make sure client based scripts can not be run over the server for AA and OFP2

I sent Suma the complete OFP cheats this morning, with every known cheat, and told him to make sure client based scripts can not be run over the server for AA and OFP2

Great, now when AA gets delayed 6 months we know who to blame.  icon_mrgreen.gif  tounge2.gif

The server.exe as posted on the site is placed on the server.

edit - link

Sounds like it would add to the overall lag of the game. But that's like any anti cheat software.

Personally I don't think that's an acceptable sacrifice in my opinion. I'd rather play with people I trust.

not on any servers I know will it lag

the only problem is that both server and my self dont show up, i get conection error on my end, i opened ports 2112 and 1920 on the server and still nothing

i dont even see a prob hit on our fire wall to show my system is probing our server

let me see if my XP FW is misbeaving, I'll turn both off, hmm my XP FW is off, im on a router, might be that

nope nothing even with all FWs off

Silesian, and what when you run the game inside linux box without emulator? smile_o.gif (Wine is not emulator) Besides don't be so M$ oriented smile_o.gif You can code server side the same way you do it for windows - since you don't need GUI for that. Use cross-compilers and we all will be happy.

T.

Ps. Silesian, it happens that our server run on linux boxes except newly created kgw.

but, if you are not using the real player ID to identify the player, then it's very simple for anyone to use, for example, my nickname and make me a cheater.

...because on the list you can see only nicknames, no IDs - so when i go to the server to check whether any of the players i am currently playing with is a cheater, i could do that only by comparing the nicknames on the server list, with player names in my OFP game.

You definitely MUST show the real ID in the server cheaters list, because that is the only reliable way to identify the player.

It would be also nice if you can run another program on the OFP server, which would send all player IDs to the Sentry server to check whether there is a cheater, and if yes, then the Sentry server would send back the ID of the cheater, and then the program could publish a message to all the clients (either by somehow using the OFP globalChat/sideChat methods, or through it's own communication [you can get IPs of all players form the Sentry list] where the Sentry client could force the displaying of appropriate message over the OFP screen)

Firstly it is a main problem to get or grep the players ID safely because of the latest security issues in the last patches.

But therefore I'm using the so called SentryID which makes you unique as I said before. This ID is shown on the list if you set up the server to show it. If one nick shows up with two different SIDs you can be sure he isn't the same. For short time comparisons you can even use the IP, too.

For your wish of grepping the ID ou of the netlog data it is needed to know how the netlog is handled by the server machine admin. Everyone has its own concept there so I can't interact in a static way except I would say "don't touch the netlog". But even then it would be optional because the sentry server can run on every machine even without ofp!!!

Sounds Great for League play if Leagues would adopt it (And thats only if it worked with Linux) but is there anyway of developing a way to not have the players have the clinet.

No this isn't possible! Without a answering side on your machines it is never possible to check anything on it - with no program! Remeber PB and all the others. There is always a client!

Sounds like it would add to the overall lag of the game. But that's like any anti cheat software

There wasn't noticed any lag at any time of the tests! And the tests run since february 05.

Silesian, and what when you run the game inside linux box without emulator?  (Wine is not emulator) Besides don't be so M$ oriented  You can code server side the same way you do it for windows - since you don't need GUI for that. Use cross-compilers and we all will be happy.

Wine? Than you can run the server even in this!

Its not that easy as you think. Mention the time BI needs to provide a linux server.... I already tried porting it with a cross compiler but had to notice that the data send by the client isn't the data recieved by the server. Somehow the data is particially messed up. Without a working decryption I cannot imagine a portable version.

@Malbeouf

Can you tell me if you got the server running on the same machine as the client or even on a "real" server?

Please open the Sentryfolder on your client machine and search for a file called sentryclt<date>.log. If its there please send it to sicilian@web.de for better support.

Sounds Great for League play if Leagues would adopt it (And thats only if it worked with Linux) but is there anyway of developing a way to not have the players have the clinet.

I didn't say that. confused_o.gif

I didn't say that. confused_o.gif

me neither ;-)

Can you tell me if you got the server running on the same machine as the client or even on a "real" server?

Please open the Sentryfolder on your client machine and search for a file called sentryclt<date>.log. If its there please send it to sicilian@web.de for better support.

the server is on our server, and the client is on my machine

which servers are running, i can try and connect to them, if that works its my server, if I cant then its my local router

sigh should have known Mal would have it. If you spent less time not being a file check nazi and started trusting people and more time stopping rubbish sound files being spammed in RN things would be much better. I played in a game, my last flashpoint game a few weeks ago on RN and everyone spammed sound files for the first 45mins repeatidly spoiling the cti game. Was the nail in the coffin as I was thinkin of wrapping up the game and that made my mind up.

I hate cheaters as much as he next man and understand it sucks, but we all been playing the game for so lonh you can usely tell if someones a cheat or not.

I can see this Sentry coming into great effect for league matches and tournaments to make sure all are on a even keel. But fun games, id concentrate on fun.

(use of the term Nazi was saying your a SS full on NAzi as a person it was more a comical description for rigid anal file checking procedures.)

we trust ppl it shows every day as they play fair games, but your stance would ruin the game cause the real natzi cheaters would have power over you

I help return hours of gaming fun back into the hands of fair players. if you dont like, get your own fking server smile_o.gif

if ya don't wanna hear sounds turn down your Radio...

it can get fustrating when people miss use there sound files nener.gif

Sorry Gadger I changed it to "Big Red".

Mal whats up with the client logfile?

Do you see any connection from you on the server side? Or is there still happening nothing if you try to connect?

Kamakaze told me I am supposed to use the Servers Sentry port in my client and not the OFP port

that was all

I'll run tests tonight after work

Yes that's because it is a parallel running system and not directly connected to ofp except on the client side! Maybe we found a way connecting the other end (sentryserver) to the ofp server for interaction.

Request of automatic IP blocks:

What is meant by your post Mal? Do you want a block on the whole server machine or do you want a block only on the sentry? If I understand you want to have a automatic IP ban due to several sentry attention levels, right? But how shall I do this? Every firewall is working different... Perhaps it is possible to build a special server version for you which is improved especially for your firewall if you can tell me how to make a IP block or where(in which file) to add the IP...

But I will see if I can do some blocks out of the sentry server... I haven't done such thing before...

Clean login fake

I will improve that with the next update to challenge-response.

Any news on a linux version? This seems to be the main stumbling block on leagues taking up its use.

Any news on a linux version?

Sorry to say that without any help it is currently not possible for me.  confused_o.gif

But think about... For a league it is only nessecary to got ONE single windows running machine to successfully use the Sentry! Is it that hard to obtain one?

@Mal

Did you tried a game with the Sentry until now? I don't mean you and RN for yourselves...

Any news on a linux version?

But think about... For a league it is only nessecary to got ONE single windows running machine to successfully use the Sentry! Is it that hard to obtain one?

No, but teams are against its use in league play when they cannot play on their own server that they pay for.

I hope someone with linux knowledge helps you out.

once this becomes stable I would just force it on the teams, I really cant see how they would not want this running

I ran tests last night and I like the fact it tells you the player shut off OFPS2

I have a few questions or problems

1) a player can turn on ammo cheat or other external programs while this is on nad it does not report it to the server

2) I would like OFPS Server to auto lock the servers OFP ports (also leaving the port open to game spy), and then only when a client has Sentry running will it allow thier IP to see the OFP port and allow them to connect, if they shut off OFP Sentry, the server would then reblock that persons OFP port access and drop them from the server

this would then basically allow only OFPS clients to join

That makes it sound like your locking the server complete untill you have OFPSentry running, i.e locking everyone out till someone runs it crazy_o.gif

I guess you mean hiding the server from them untill they run OFPSentery?

It's a nice idea, but it's more a hudle for cheaters, rather than a brick wall. What happens when they work out how to send the "Hey look, I have OFPS running" from an application that doesn't check for whateveritis that OFPS checks for? It's not exactly likely to happen, but remeber even the biggest walls can be climbed over tounge2.gif

Is there any reason the ammount of cheating in OFP has suddenly gone up? It seems inverse to what should happen (Older games = less cheats..)

- Ben

Is there any reason the ammount of cheating in OFP has suddenly gone up? It seems inverse to what should happen (Older games = less cheats..)

- Ben

It's a game based on tactics. This tends to give the arcade style players lots of problems as they don't like teamplay. They'll then get cheats so they can dominate by themselves.

OFPSentry needs quite a few improvements before it's very useable..

You neeed to add the ability for the server to request that the client send a checksum of parts of itself back to the server. To verify that the right client is running for example.

Also it currently doesn't seem to handle running two copies of Operation Flashpoint at the same time very well.

One could be a cheat but the other would be approved as clean, it'd be impossible for the server owner to know which copy is connected.

maybe someone had the same error but it says i dont have any OFP:R directory?? Whats up with that? its only 3 files?

EDIT: stupid swede iam :P saw it now...

EDIT2: Now it says it cat find my Resistance game short cut? this dosnt seem to work well...

1) a player can turn on ammo cheat or other external programs while this is on nad it does not report it to the server

2) I would like OFPS Server to auto lock the servers OFP ports (also leaving the port open to game spy), and then only when a client has Sentry running will it allow thier IP to see the OFP port and allow them to connect, if they shut off OFP Sentry, the server would then reblock that persons OFP port access and drop them from the server

this would then basically allow only OFPS clients to join

to 1.

The ammo cheat I got knowledge of will be detected. I dont know if you got another one? Perhaps you can send it to me and I will see if there are differences.

to 2.

In general it is not possible to close a port which is used by another application and particular to a special user. This is impossible. If you wanna do this you have to hook the ofpserver in any way which I'm not able to realize.

OFPSentry needs quite a few improvements before it's very useable..

You neeed to add the ability for the server to request that the client send a checksum of parts of itself back to the server. To verify that the right client is running for example.

Also it currently doesn't seem to handle running two copies of Operation Flashpoint at the same time very well.

One could be a cheat but the other would be approved as clean, it'd be impossible for the server owner to know which copy is connected.

The response challenge system is already in work...

It should not be possible to hold up two running copies of ofp over 5 min! The one which isn't started by the Sentry will be automatically shut down.

Now it says it cat find my Resistance game short cut? this dosnt seem to work well...

The Sentry is never searching for a shortcut! Please write the whole message or post a screenshot.