Sign in to follow this  
Blackblood

UK Desert(ed) troops = BLEED 1.0

Can you put Tropics on that guy?

Forgive this desktop grunt but wth is 'Tropics'?

...SAS jungle in the making?

Yes and No. It's the 'not very desert'-guy as mentioned earlier. An unpatched bloke in DPM. Found in WEST-->MEN--> - section

The desert SAS just got a webbing version btw. Thought it was stupid to restrict 'em to assault vests only.

Other than that it's typing, coding, typing and an occasional meal for me. Believe me, i'm doing my very best to finish this off before (insert date here). CONFIG.CPP - massive is thy name.

may i seem a little thick please?

you talk of randomness when using the SAS blokes, will there be a way to stop the randomness and have each soldier with a standard set of gear? Perhaps you've already addressed this, if so sorry for asking the same ole again ......

Cheers

may i seem a little thick please?

you talk of randomness when using the SAS blokes, will there be a way to stop the randomness and have each soldier with a standard set of gear?

Don't worry. Standard setups (no random) is in fact the major portion of this 'pack'.

I´m no expert, but i understand there is a "hi-lighter" DPM version, afaik is pretty much a version of standard DPM using lighter colours, for a jungle environment.

Maybe thats whats meant by tropics. smile_o.gif

great

*stops worrying*

these are the best looking units i've ever seen for flashpoint, its just bloody fantastic there will be a set of SAS blokes released. I love the UKF stuff, but as of yet no SAS blokes released!!

Would love to see some jungle and 95' pattern SAS blokes out there.

On a slightly different note, although related .. if anyone knows there i can get some decent english camo faces please let me know .... desperately looking ..................

I´m no expert, but i understand there is a "hi-lighter" DPM version, afaik is pretty much a version of standard DPM using lighter colours, for a jungle environment.

Maybe thats whats meant by tropics. smile_o.gif

Ok, I get it but it's all desert-release for me at the moment.

I'd be happy to talk jungle after this is out of the way. If it's any comfort they actually fit in pretty well on Tonal jungles with that 'wood' outfit because the DPM clothes went to the same violent drycleaner as the desert ones (bleeched and rolled in sand).

Hey wi77ard

There were camo faces with UKFs DPM pack. It's a fantastic pack and i recommend you get it. It also contains the weapon PBOs required for Blackbloods units.

I love the UKF stuff, but as of yet no SAS blokes released!!

we're very sorry tounge2.gif

yeh i have the UKF addons

i didnt know there were faces included, perpahs i should have read the readme a bit better huh. cheers for info

oh hang on do you mean the action menu camo face? coz although thats a great camo face, their is only one version. I'd like a few so our clan members can have different faces.

we're very sorry  tounge2.gif

As someone said earlier, remove the patches, insignias and berets: Bob's your auntie. My 'SAS' guys are just regulars with shemaghs. Nothing fancy.

*alt-tabbing. boss enters the room*

(Slaving for this worm, commonly referred to as 'boss', who's existance is merely the result of someones twisted sense of humour.)

About the camofaces. I'm including both the suntan- and camolayers with Photoshop and p3d templates for anyone to play around with. See you all tonite.

As someone said earlier, remove the patches, insignias and berets: Bob's your auntie.

bob's my father actually smile_o.gif

anymore pics BB biggrin_o.gif

whistle.gif

Pics would be great. I'm really getting uber excited about these units.

I think I'll totally flip out when they are released. The config is the last step so I understand. Wish you all the luck BB on completing this hard task.

But to entertain you guys till the release I present you : The Crazy Bananas!

yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif  yay.gif

...SAS jungle in the making?

Yes and No. It's the 'not very desert'-guy as mentioned earlier. An unpatched bloke in DPM. Found in WEST-->MEN--> - section

(...)

Don't worry. Standard setups (no random) is in fact the major portion of this 'pack'.

smile_o.gif  inlove.gif  smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif  inlove.gif  smile_o.gif  inlove.gif  inlove.gif  inlove.gif  smile_o.gif  inlove.gif  smile_o.gif  inlove.gif  smile_o.gif

smile_o.gif  inlove.gif  smile_o.gif  inlove.gif  smile_o.gif  inlove.gif  smile_o.gif  inlove.gif  smile_o.gif  inlove.gif  smile_o.gif  inlove.gif  inlove.gif  inlove.gif  smile_o.gif

smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif  inlove.gif  smile_o.gif  inlove.gif  smile_o.gif  smile_o.gif  inlove.gif  inlove.gif  inlove.gif  smile_o.gif  inlove.gif  smile_o.gif  inlove.gif  smile_o.gif

I love this pack!! I can't wait to get some good british desert troops. Don't rush things though. That would be shame. I can wait as long as I have to. Take your time!  icon14.gif

I love the fact that you include a 'not-so-desert-guy' . And I just can't stop looking at the picture on the previous page of the desert guy with the helmet. That helmet looks just SO cool it's completely insane. I know it's silly, but I think the look of that helmet makes all the difference in the world. Awesome job on these units.

Quote[/b] ]I know it's silly, but I think the look of that helmet makes all the difference in the world.

I know what you mean biggrin_o.gif

This pack is gonna be so great! tounge2.gifthumbs-up.gif

we're very sorry tounge2.gif

Being sorry doesnt release any SAS units. tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]oh hang on do you mean the action menu camo face?

Yeh I meant that. As for different kinds of face camo, I believe that BAS did a camo face pack with their Delta/Ranger pack and I think Lowlands Warrior did one with their infantry packs. Although they're not British, I think face camo varies between people and how they apply it. British camo is meant to be applied with three fingers in straight lines, but I'm sure soldiers alter it.

BTW, Blackblood, really looking forward to these units. biggrin_o.gif

British camo is meant to be applied with three fingers in straight lines

is it?

brm_training4.jpg

040616-M-5324O-056.jpg

Sorry to go offtopic but AFAIK UK forces don't have tropical DPM anymore they use the regular 95 pattern DPM. My Brother has just come back from Belize and these are some pics of his unit there.

pic11xq.jpg pic26os.jpg

Back ontopic: These units will be permanently etched on my HD when there released......Great work BB

excellent timing... thanks to Iraq it was proving difficult to find decent cam faces seeing as they're all in dessie gear tounge2.gif

great pics - if you have anymore pics from his exercise that you'd like to share, i'd sure be interested smile_o.gif

Well I was told to use three fingers, each with different colour then brush them down your face several times. But I'm only a cadet so you're probably right. smile_o.gif

like you said, each to their own - the only thing its 'meant' to do is break your face up... when i was in cadets (christ) they told us to put it on with ya fingers, but then mess it up by rubbing your face... there are no straight lines in nature, they always told us biggrin_o.gif

BB, may have something that could interest you - shall IM u later

I thought seb nam pack 2 camo faces were really effective in OFP. But they are really jungle faces(which could suit that not so desert SAS bloke).

Maybe an idea for some people though.

The camo faces with Lasers Rangers was pretty elite too, but I dont know the classnames of those.

@BB

maybe not in this pack but in a patch of somekind it would be good if you could give the SAS units KITE sights, which would be more realistic.

Quoting myself:

From day one, it's been solely a unit addon - not a weapon addon. (Simply because the existing ones rules)

...and because I know Jack and sh** about making weapon addons and Jack just left town...

Oops didn't realise your nickname was Jack.  whistle.gif

My bad. Just an old 'Army of darkness'-line. biggrin_o.gif

Well I was told to use three fingers

sex ed in the army?