Sign in to follow this  
R0adki11

Liberation 1941-1945: Barbarossa

@MrReality - I've downloaded your mission and whilst it does have potential (a bit like the Seelow Heights) I seem to be incapable of hitting anything using the 88 sites! I obviously try over and undershooting but my shells don't seem to come anywhere near the 88s. Is there a trick to this?

@MrReality - I've downloaded your mission and whilst it does have potential (a bit like the Seelow Heights) I seem to be incapable of hitting anything using the 88 sites!  I obviously try over and undershooting but my shells don't seem to come anywhere near the 88s.  Is there a trick to this?

Yes there is: let the AI do it rofl.gif

But seriously the mission was more of a tester to see how good the action was between tanks and artillery. You are supposed to be in command of the battery and direct fire on the targets of your choice. Don't forget the time frame i set the mission in (1944) which means your chance of surviving the Russian onslaught is very slim. It can be done but not that often wink_o.gif

Hi, and yes, that's what I thought you'd intended (about the AI that is).  But I thought I'd at least give the 88's a shot (literally) and was disappointed to find them so weak against the T34s.  

EDIT:  I gave this another go and realised this was down to my own silly error.  I hadn't realised the existance of two types of shell (I'd been using HE instead of AP - duh)!  

I also gave the 88's a complete miss in another game and controlled my unit as a tank hunter team - lots of fun.  Well done!

Is there anyway to get a list of the guns (gun names so i can use them on custom units in the editor) and get the grenades to work as on the original units but on custom ones. I want to add the grenades and liberation guns on my coop team of german paratroopers from i44. The rest is liberation all the way but i just want to use those i44 paratrooper models for this mission.

Hi,

install the liberation mod and the patch, this gives you the Liberation Desktopshortcut. Download the additional Addons and put them in your ofp/libmod/addons folder, same with the addons that comes with the mission. Then put the mission in your ofp/missions/Liberation41-45 Folder. Then start OFP with the LIBMOD Desktopshortcut.

Wich Version of Anjou island did you download the normal or the SE version. If you have the SE (special edition), then try use this missionfile.

Flügelstutzer se

Hope that helped.

P.S: Some Hints:

To get the Opel and the PAK just go in the fortress were you look at after Intro. To get the motorcycle with MG34 shoot the young guy that sit before the tent, dont kill just wound him.

Thanks now its working! biggrin_o.gif

Looked like a very nice mission, nothing wrong with the presentation atleast, very professional

But Im sure no "untersturmfuehrer", I got shot at my first encounter with the russians in the forest. *lol* Dam that MP40 at long distances, no match for their rifles. Ah well, I try again.

Gonna read briefing alot closer.

happy its ok now.

this first shootout can be hell i know, but you will see when you try few times it can be nearly boring aswell. Forget to mention that you can require 2 additional 2 men team, one you may have found allready, the other is a little hidden at the river, about 100 meters left from bridge, when u look at bridge.

enjoy it, thats what i made for

p.s.

and if you beat the mission pm me the results and badges.

Quote[/b] ]Is there anyway to get a list of the guns

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/_hosted/lib4145/modref/

Quote[/b] ]get the grenades to work as on the original units but on custom ones. i just want to use those i44 paratrooper models for this mission.

German paras ?I'd like to get them, but I don't want to download full i44 mod. Anyway you have to edit i44 config to make it usable with Libmod. If you are able to rip those paras ( with some special i44 weapons ) out of the mod , I'll help you wink_o.gif

What lines are needed to be put in to get the grenade effects (fragments and bounce) to work then?

Cant it be inplemented in the mission editor in the unit init field? Or do i have to add it in a edited config?

OK smile_o.gif this should work

just place

Quote[/b] ]

this AddEventHandler ["fired", {_this exec "\libmod\lib_scripts\rus_inf\gren.sqs"}]

in the unit's init field smile_o.gif

Of course,you need to add grenades first (via addmagazine)

Rip those paras to tender thanks wink_o.gif

Hi guys...I've made a mission with Lib 41-45, this fantastic and best mod! smile_o.gif

But I have trouble with Axis Flak....When I put it in editor my mission have lag....why? Someone have my problem?? huh.gif