Sign in to follow this  
R0adki11

Liberation 1941-1945: Barbarossa

Ive noticed that the machinegunners uses their full auto a lot more here than with other mods.

The battles seem much more intense.

And getting pinned down by a MG34 is actually kinda cool with all the ricochet sound effects

biggrin_o.gif

How can we add other addons to work in this Mod?...Ie other tanks or what ever...Everytime i try to put something other than whats in the mod pack I get a CTD and memory error?Are we able to use other addons from other people with this package?

No point on using addons from other sources, since configs are way too different. So don't count on it!

How can we add other addons to work in this Mod?...Ie other tanks or what ever...Everytime i try to put something other than whats in the mod pack I get a CTD and memory error?Are we able to use other addons from other people with this package?

No point on using addons from other sources, since configs are way too different. So don't count on it!

I think this is a shame, as it would be nice to have some of the WW2 era units from other mods etc - so we could have Spitfires and stuff... Oh well it's not the end of the world. Again great job guys biggrin_o.gif

I think this is a shame, as it would be nice to have some of the WW2 era units from other mods etc - so we could have Spitfires and stuff... Oh well it's not the end of the world. Again great job guys biggrin_o.gif

Well, not really. Unless their config is changed to match Liberation one they are going to look pretty stupid. smile_o.gif

Guest Ti0n3r

I finally downloaded the mod and what can I say...

Wonderfull, A+ Quality smile_o.gif

beautiful stuff, congratulations!

im using PMC_Euro Island to make some huge tank battles, the ambiance is very imersive.

p.s: the La 5 has a very annoying "bug", it skids and slides when it lands.

hi,

I'm wondering what the speaker is saying in the intro. Is there a translation available (because I cannot speak Russian smile_o.gif ). Perhaps someone can translate it? Would be nice....thnx

EDIT:

ah, and almost forgot: very nice mod guys !!

greetz

I'm absolutley loving this but i've got just one question:

Are the Sdkf tracks not moving a result of the game engine limitations. If so i can live with that.

afaik in ofp you can only have moving wheels or a moving track, so it is an engine limitation from my point of view, maybe inv44 finds a way around

hi,

I'm wondering what the speaker is saying in the intro. Is there a translation available (because I cannot speak Russian smile_o.gif ). Perhaps someone can translate it? Would be nice....thnx

EDIT:

ah, and almost forgot: very nice mod guys !!

greetz

It's a historic radio message from Soviet headquarters that announced the news of German invasion of Soviet Union in June 22, 1941.

Any word on MP or SP missions? They are badly needed.

Interesting features, good work!

Could we please get a complete list of weapons classnames and units classnames to make missions?

I don't want to unpack all the pbos to search for this.

And an explanation of the tank gunners optics is needed, the markings on that optics do not work on the distances I would suppose.

But the tutorial for the sniper rifles is excellent, the LA5- plane is a hell of fun to fly with and to drop boms in enemy's armor!

One -very small- bug I found: Walther P38 pistol has 9x19mm ammo, not 7.62

And a proposal: equip the MG34 on tripod with ammo belt boxes holding 250 rounds, not with the 75rd drums for the infantrymen.

Because the Maxim MG has also a large Ammobox.

Thanx for your excellent work!

hi,

It should be the speak from Soviet Foreign Minister Morotov on  June 22, 1941 which was an exact day of german invasion and sunny sunday in summer. When he announced such terrible news from the radio, all people who were in  holiday were deeply shocked. From then on, four years of bloody and cruel war time began for all soviet people.  suspect.gif

Outstanding work, and a real modification. It sometime really make you forgot that its ofp u playing. The textures and models are in my eyes perfect. The AA MG-34 is good example for that, just perfect!

The Config changes limits the use of other east/west units. As a missionmaker with some ww2 mp-missions made i personally like the idea, cause ww2 missionmaking was always a mixture of to many diffrent addons. In some of my missions are over 20 diffrent addons and addonspacks used just to keep it a little balanced and ww2 looking. Now we have a all in one ww2 eastfront missionmaking set, and all 3rd party addons like objects, bunkers and stuff still work without problems, as long they not defined east or west or guer.

The units are historically correct, even the weaponloadout and the ammo of the tanks and artillery are correct. The bugs reported here about pz4 or flak not damaging T-34 are because they have as default ammo the ammo of their default use. (pz4 version artillery and flak, u guess right, as flugabwehrkanone).

Great work on research!

(@Hornet85: Of course the AT-soldiers have AT weapons, mighty ones!! The grenade bundles!!)

Bugreport:

Except the missing commander in safe mode in a PZ2 Grasscamo hatch i had not one bug or error (just ofp and Libmod, no 3rd party addons). The hatch thing isnt really a bug, who want to stay in middle of the Grasscamo anyway, all that insects

crazy_o.gif

All of your team did a great job, normally stuff like that should get paid, so thx for sharing it!

Offtopic1: Who liberate europe? Fact is, the russians did the mainjob. (im german btw). Hitler shot himself cause the red army was knocking on berlins doors. Stalingrad and Kursk were the fatal losses in men and armor. russians fought the best wh and ss

troops to a time this guys allready had won against most of europe. That Liberation mean to some countries a presence of the red army for the next 30-40 years is a other story. But the glorification of the man that liberate europe from the nazi dictatorship is more then justified cause they made it possible.

Offtopic2: My mother has a leatherbelt from around 1880, she always thought its for a horse or a horsewagon, but she couldnt imagine what exactly this thing should be for. While playing around with your units i used a german artillery soldier, and know what, this guy has exactly the leatherbelt around his chest, think for towing the gun. Thx from my mum for that.

Cu

Scars09

YES! I've waited so long for this! Download now!

I've always dreamed about recreating some of the battles from Blood Red Snow in OFP.

In case you didn't know, Blood Red Snow is one of the best first-person accounts of the war on the Eastern Front. It was written by a German machine-gunner, (actually, it is a compilation of his diaries, which he translated into a book) who got into the war right when the Soviets turned the tide at Stalingrad, and he fought the Russians all the way back to Germany at the end of the war, where he finally managed to get into an American POW camp instead of a Soviet one. It's an excellent, exciting book.

Before now, I've kind of had a lack of interest, but since Liberation is looking to be the best WWII mod for OFP, my desires have been sparked again.

I 'm...speechless, outstanding work!

Bug report :

USSR - NKVD men - Special investigator

A starbatch with the Russian hammer and sickle is floating in front of my eyes.

I have a question, I'm not too knowledgable about WW2. When did the Germans start using rocket launchers (called Panzerfausts or something...)? I was just supprised not to see any in the mod.

Also, will we be seeing some Axis planes in a future release?

I have a question, I'm not too knowledgable about WW2.  When did the Germans start using rocket launchers (called Panzerfausts or something...)?  I was just supprised not to see any in the mod.

Also, will we be seeing some Axis planes in a future release?

I think the german didn't use Panzerfausts till 1944. As for Axis planes, some other addon makers have made some nice fighter and bomber addons, such as from AIA. But because of the side problem, they can't be used in Liberation Mod. Really a pity!!

I found a way to let Lib's german to fight against WIIEC or AIA's americans. That means let west to fight west. Just let AIA or Invasion1944's german be the squad leader of Lib's germen. In that case, all the other west or east addons besides Lib's could be used now in mission without modifying the side value in pbo file.

Lib's Waffenss with camo suit are very nice! Just put them in mission with Tiger and Panther to fight against western allies in later war!

Its a shame you could not find a way to stop the turrets moving about the place when the hull is moving left/right.

Only way to make the turret and direction of the gun stay true to the hull is by turning out?

EXCELLENT STUFF !!!

- I especially appreciate infantry weapon sounds

(apart from Maxim MG - needs a better one)

- superb authentic TANK OPTICS, haven't seen those since PanzerCommander - I love them

SUGGESTION> please include some russian or german speech scripts for tanks similar to Be45 addons "K boju gadon!!!"

WISH> until now I used Jean Christophs Panzer Pack and Be45

T34/85, IS-2 and SU packs - they were the best WW2 stuff

I WISH THESE WOULD REACH ONE STANDARD

Anyway, thank you Lib Team

There is a 1.01 patch out now, but I cant find anywhere the 2 missions that was said to follow this patch?

Added:

- German language in stringtable.csv

- 2 single missions

where can I find the classnames of the weapons and units?

because I want to know the unitnames for Axis Tankdriver

where can I find the classnames of the weapons and units?

because I want to know the unitnames for Axis Tankdriver

You and all can find additional info here at this link.  wink_o.gif