Sign in to follow this  
berghoff

Homeland

Opening, wish he'd make his mind up!

I must apologize for sending the wrong link to you. smile_o.gif

(The other topic of Homeland should be locked but nvm.)

unclesam.gif

Berg, I thought I should inform you that quite a few of the nature pack objects don't work. The jungle areas, especially, seem especially barren at times due to a lot of broken trees that just don't show up. I know this because the icon is there for them in the mission editor but when I play the mission all that appears is empty ground. I think you should get this fixed up before the next release smile_o.gif

I haven't put any jungle trees from my Nature pack on the Island. smile_o.gif Are you sure it is from my addon?

Ok this is what I'm going to do,

The Island won't be cut into 4 different Islands. But I'm going to try to remove some addons from the addons list, this will be Kegetys Winter Kolgujev and Dak Seang. The only large addon that will remain in the download list for the next BETA's will be BAS_O.pbo (Maybe I will change the cities in to arabic themed ones). The rest is just mandatory for quite some Islands/Missions to have.

EH53 is just one area that seems to have this problem. Also, what happened to those other jungles and swamp trees you previewed in the old thread? I assume this along with all the military training stuff is going to be added later. smile_o.gif

also, I noticed in the nature pack a lot of unused but really nice trees, pines, and bushes. Do you plan on replacing all the old resistance pines/bushes with the new ones? That would be really nice if you did smile_o.gif

EDIT: Can anyone confirm the same bugs I'm getting?

if you would like, for the complainers like myself, whenever you do an update, i could just make each a seperate island to release, to take some of the workload off of you,

(Maybe I will change the cities in to arabic themed ones).

Good plan! Or better; north-africa-like buildings WW2 style if you knwo what I mean. I think the buildings you made for the desert part are actually really nice.

I don't know if you have seen these;

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=8150

Buidlings in this style (and buildings like the white ones on the island in the FDF desert pack) would be really nice. Your buildings are already a bit like it, so keep it up!

Too bad you'll cut the island in four, but perhaps it's better for performance issues. But it will destroy the unique feature of this multi-climate-island. But I'm sure the result will be good.

he said he isn't going to. i just think there's really no point in having a multi climated island, as no one would use winter & desert & all of that at once.

Whats JOF_Objects1 because BRG_wI1 needs it and i cant find it sad_o.gifsmile_o.gif

it´s a mapfact addon by joerg f., but i cant find it on their page, will upload it for ya..

edit: JOF_Objects1.pbo

thx

I get major slow downs on this map , it even slower the tonal and afghan island sad_o.gif . I dont understand also as to why all 3 types of terrain were squeezed in to one? Its not as if you can use these settings in a mission properly , you either dress up in woodland or desert camo for a single mission it would seem wierd.

Plus the cities also lag for me in the desert part , havent explored much yet.

I wish the island could be broken in to 3 parts all representing a specific terrain so the strain on load is also lowered and that way it will be more practical?

Well... I shall make split up parts then I don't really mind it.

Containing:

Homeland: Artic

Homeland: Lush

Homeland: Desert/jungle

smile_o.gif The desert and jungle are meant to be connected like on Tonal.

i was really hoping you would do this, since i really like the layout, landscape and feel of your different maps but wouldnt have been able to use it at the momentarily state for mission making, this is very good news indeed, these islands will make a very nice addition to my favorite islands

thank you smile_o.gif

Yeah thats a good idea thanks like the island but it lags like hell with some units.

Homeland 1.2 BETA to 1.3 BETA update;

-Island have now been split up hoping it will lower system requirements

Download: OFPR Update Homeland 1.3 BETA

smile_o.gif Enjoy and please tell me if this has helped!

No problemo, I really hope that you can run this Island fine now. smile_o.gif

i had a first spin on every island, and i really like how you handle terrain, very nice maps all of them have a very good/real feel to them, and the performance has increased very much due to the spliting of the islands smile_o.gif

one thing i noticed on the "lush" island is that two hangar buildings are placed with the opening towards the sea at the civilian airport, and that there is placed a storage for grain in the middle of nowhere nortwest of the airport, maybe reconsider placing the building and the hay stacks closer to farms with a connecting road

other things i noticed are due to the beta stage of the island i believe, on the northeast cost (i believe it was) it seemed that you added some landmass (its with desert texture) this left a lighttower standing quite far landinwards, but it looks like you will add a village there, so i guess these are on your to do list anyway

your islands are very good so far, please keep up the good work on them wink_o.gif

Wow , never thought you'd go ahead with the breaking up advise.

Thanks for doing so though , now playing on this island will be far more easier and smoother FPS wise , easy to make missions too now.

Good job smile_o.gif .

when trying to start ofp with the addons required for the homeland maps i always get this error:

"Addon ´BRG_WI1` requires addon `AGS_harbour`

i had the same error message with the first version of homeland

and i get this message once i open the map in the editor (Desert/Jungle in this case)

Homeland_editor.jpg

i tried the 3WX Team's Object Pack V1.0 and V.1.1 and i use the ags_hckit1.3.zip so i dont know how i get these error messages, any ideas?

Berghoff,

Have enjoyed taking a look around your island (original release - haven't downloaded the 1.3 version yet...).  I'm slightly put off by the airfield layout down in the extreme South Eastern corner - the components/ taxiways/ runway thresholds all seem to have been put down in a somewhat random manner.  I know airfield design isn't a subject most people encounter every day, but it does have an impact on the realism of your otherwise-excellent island.

Could I recommend you take a look at this American FAA site, or my personal favourite (at over 6Mb!) The UK CAA how-to-build-an-airfield version?  They might help you to work out where to put the various markings and so forth.  Best of luck!

i tried the 3WX Team's Object Pack V1.0 and V.1.1 and i use the ags_hckit1.3.zip so i dont know how i get these error messages, any ideas?

I don't get any error messages at all. So this is quite strange... rock.gif

Make sure you don't have any duplicate addons I had this too once, OFP loaded the older .pbo so I got a lot of problems.

i get the same error popup in the editor as above when loading the Homeland "complete/original" version, i get no errors (except the one on startup) on the snow climate island and i get this error once i load up the "lush" version in the editor

Homeland_editor_1.jpg

i will download the addons again that seem to cause a problem, hopefully that will put an end to the strange error messages

Maybe you can also post how many kb the pbo's are so I can compare them to my installed addons.