Sign in to follow this  
berghoff

Homeland

i am cursed with my RAM - addon limit 670mb sad_o.gif

But the island runs fine with a mod folder.

Yes you should really run it with a mod folder, then you should be fine. smile_o.gif I hope Armed Assault allows more addon to be run at the same time. smile_o.gif

I have 1gb of RAM tounge_o.gif

I have a 3.07 GB addons folder also wink_o.gif

I got 4,5 gb in addons folder!

I wonder how much it can actually take before it craps out!

Anyway Im trying out this map right now!

goed werk berghoff!!

wtf?!

before Radeon 9600pro i had max 1,5gb in addons and now i have only 670mb.What have you got there (in computer)?

DL'ing now... have been looking forward to this island for some time now smile_o.gif

Oh.. and BTW... my addons folder is now 6,43GB ghostface.gif

can anyone try making the military obstacle course objects under the "empty" menu in the mission editor and see if they get the same errors?

i don't belive that it works at that size... wink_o.gif

You mean my addons folder?

You bet it works! Seeing is believing biggrin_o.gif

Berg, I thought I should inform you that quite a few of the nature pack objects don't work. The jungle areas, especially, seem especially barren at times due to a lot of broken trees that just don't show up. I know this because the icon is there for them in the mission editor but when I play the mission all that appears is empty ground. I think you should get this fixed up before the next release smile_o.gif

yeah, i totally think the island should be chopped up into the four islands. it's simply not practical to have your artic units playing on the one island to jump into the desert or anything. it's a nice idea to have all of those climates on one map, but i'd rather just have to click on another map in the mission editor than have one huge island with so many objects. my advice, send it to the cutting board.

yeah... and that way you could make 4 BIG islands

so i agree, cut into 4

i think that kinda defeats the purpose of this island...

I think it would be nice if there was a consolidated map objects pack. Something that contains the Tonal,Seb,Nogojev,Mapfact,AGS, and other map object packs into one.

I think people would probably try a lot more islands out if all they had to do was download one standard object pack for them all.

I figure this pack could be updated from time to time for example when ever a mapfact or ags map object pack or update comes out.

Basically I'm suggesting a sort of JAM/Aces idea for map objects. It shouldn't be hard at all actually.

Are you aware, that this would make 200-300+ MB file, that you would have to re-download every 3-4 months in order to keep it up-to-date? Not such a good idea, many people would hae it... rock.gif

Are you aware, that this would make 200-300+ MB file, that you would have to re-download every 3-4 months in order to keep it up-to-date? Not such a good idea, many people would hae it... rock.gif

it defeats the purpose, of course, but what is the good idea of having them all in one anyways? its just gonna create a framrateslowdown

Quote[/b] ]Not such a good idea, many people would hae it...

Well then it could be broke down into maybe four packs. Desert Object map pack, Winter Object map pack, Basic Object map pack, and Jungle Object map pack.

Quote[/b] ]that you would have to re-download every 3-4 months in order to keep it up-to-date?

They could just release a patch for use with winpbo.

As for the size I would rather download one 200mb pack than hundreds of little ones. Plus it's annoying having Tonal and Nogojev activated all the time when you’re starting the game up to use another map. This way all you have to activate is the Objects and a map.

Why is it every time some one suggests standardization or compilation packs every one gets defensive?

couldn't have said it better myself. it's a nice island, or set of islands, but no ones ever gonna use the thing if someone doesnt make a pack. such a nice island shouldnt have to worry about fading into oblivion

I said Woow at first time that I saw this island and can't wait to download it.

But I have to say it is a real problem to let everyone to download too many 3rd party addons to support this works.

wink_o.gif

Why is it every time some one suggests standardization or compilation packs every one gets defensive?

Because everybody has their own opinions on how things should be and they don't want to compromize?

not to be a pooper but I would rather have these island in 4 files! instead of just 1 big one. But I can manage doing that myself actually.

Because making a mission does really put strain on the CPU. Especially with flying objects it gets hard to get proper FPS!

maybee other ppl dont have this problem, but probally its meh ofp folders filled with addons aswell! smile_o.gif

Locked at author's request.

Opening, wish he'd make his mind up!