Sign in to follow this  
SpecOp9

Does this mean the end of OFP1?

I deleted my 19 Gig OFP folder long time ago. I am ready....  biggrin_o.gif

I don't think there is any other game that has that many addons and takes that amount of space crazy_o.gif

Which is actually good, and it also prove that OFPers are very creative. smile_o.gif

Viva la OFP!

will stil play OFP1 some times and ye i will get ArAs

Long live Operation Flashpoint

Länge leve spelet vi älskar

make completely new webpages for AA?

That's the course of action I will take at least.

Well, it won't be just for ArAs of course... rather for all games made by BIS.

The way I see it, if Codies push ahead with OFP 2 and a new developer I for one will not be a part of it. And then my current site (Flashpoint2source) will have a misleading name... so I have gotten myself a new domain, and will make a brand new site from scratch!

(You can check out this thread for more of my plans - I would very much want some input or feedback on this decision.)

What I will do with Flashpoint2source? Haven't decided yet... I will let it live for a while, and see what CM does with OFP 2... but if CM hires a new developer and makes a shitty game I will let the site die with the game... sad_o.gif

You could wait until somebody wants the domain and then sell it tounge_o.gif

Or you could make a big banner that says "I don't support Codemasters", something like that.

Anyway, I thought that the domain name "flashpoint2source.com" was kind of cool. smile_o.gif

I think what happend with OFP when OFPR was released will also happend to OFPR when AA have been released.

It won't be completely abandoned, but the majority will move on. Looking forward to something fresh and new on the OFP-front.

Hopefully its as backward-compatible as they say it is so all addons and missions can be copied over.

Just imagine this, if they have improved/optimised the engine so it can run Nogova on 777mhz and 64 mb ram with decent performance imagine how much of a improvement ARAS will be compared to OFP:R, now imagine all the original content will also be there, can you say no to this? I just know i want it now biggrin_o.gif .

will stil play OFP1 some times and ye i will get ArAs

Long live Operation Flashpoint

Länge leve spelet vi älskar

Common. How many times have you touched 1.46 since you bought Resistance? It'll be about the same. 1.96 sucks, give me AA! biggrin_o.gif

Common. How many times have you touched 1.46 since you bought Resistance? It'll be about the same. 1.96 sucks, give me AA! biggrin_o.gif

That's exactly what i wanted to post after my vote (i hadnt read the thread before voting) smile_o.gif

i think same thing will happen as when Resistance was released...

though this time it will be a "new" game...

i know i have started saveing money for AA (and probably a smaller upgrade for my comp too) tounge_o.gif

i just wonder about other things.

will mods like invasion finish their stuff for resistance, or will they rework everything to get ArAs quality, will we anyway be able to reach ArAs with the existing tools for editing?

questions over questions

I started archiving addons and mod files the minute I heard about OFP2. I will always maintain an OFP:CWC -Resistance game folder.

OFP is a "simulation" that when compared with even the most modern military "game" can still hold it's own and beats them all when you start listing features. "New Features" listed in the johnny-come-lately games are standard in OFP:CWC since way back in 2000.

Flashpoint Rules and always will...DOA

OFP1 will certainly die eventually, its only natural.

But that death will be a hole lot quicker and painless only if AA has all that OFP offers and more.

Too many unanswered questions at this point such as similarities/differences or even the unlikley event of compatability.

EDIT (sort of)

just read a bit more about AA and it states that it will support community mods, wich is unlikely to be anyone but us, but thats still an assumtion.

Seems AA is the 'next' OFP and they will realease a new game, presumably built ground up and not compatable a year after.

OFP DEATH DELAYED!!?? rock.gif