Sign in to follow this  
Commando84

Geforce & Ofp: is it a happy marriage?

I wonder if any1 got geforce 6 and how good does it work with ofp ? Can i have many addons in a misson with out no problems? biggrin_o.gif

You can push AA and resolution higher but my GF4 was alot more reliable with OPF, decent CPU and 1 gig of ram are more important than a new gpu smile_o.gif .

I went from an FX5800 to a 6800GT and noticed almost no differences in term of framerate. I could of course use an higher resolution and antialiasing + anisotropic filtering. Then I upgraded my processor and my memory and woooosh!: that's way better.

My geforce 2 Mx was more reliable than my 6800 in OFP!  wow_o.gif

I have experienced spikes with my 6600GT but not anymore with latest drivers, only issue i have now is i cant enable W-buffer and some stuff flickers over distance thru scope or binos, performance wise i seem to have higher fps than i had with the ti card but ingame it still feels the same performance wise, i think the GF6 series is good for OPF and hopefully for OPF2 too smile_o.gif .

Oh yeah, dont forget -nomap wink_o.gif ...

I have the 6800 gt... No problems

6800GT here too, no probs at all. Just sweet lookin graphics biggrin_o.gif

I have a G6600 GT and i have installed the newest driver 71.89 and restart my coumputer. When i go into Flashpoint in the menu i have 60 FPS (normal). But when i open a singleplayermission, editor etc. i have 4-6 FPS and no more.

Black Dragon: Using DXDLL? There seems to be a serious performance issue with Geforce6 cards using the more recent drivers and DXDLL. I hope someone figures out a way around the issue, or we get some improved drivers.

Guest Ti0n3r

my 6600TD works perfect as long as i dont use the DXDLL. biggrin_o.gif

I use DXDLL and i`ve installed the old driver. A new problem has come biggrin_o.gif i got a bluescreen when i play Flashpoint with "nv4disp.dll doesn`t work and must be restart" in the error and my computer reboot. But the data is in the winodws system folder and work biggrin_o.gif

Yep DXdll does make a considerable performance hit on the 6 series card. But at 1600x1200x32 with 2xAA and 8xAF with most things maxxed (for MP games which is all i play ground is low and view is mission set) i would expect it too. The frame rates are still awsome though and the game is just eaten alive, no matter the island, addons or action taking place.

i have serious problems i tried lots of drivers and when i turn reflections it kills it to 2-4 fps.

also i feel the game its lagged

I have xfx 6600gt pci-e i dont know if the vga is damaged or not.

i tried a x300 and it was smooth and better fps.

i have serious problems i tried lots of drivers and when i turn reflections it kills it to 2-4 fps.

also i feel the game its lagged

I have xfx 6600gt pci-e i dont know if the vga is damaged or not.

i tried a x300 and it was smooth and better fps.

Turn reflections off, i think its a driver "issue" or if you really want to have them on you could try diferent ones, i think 66:03 or 66:67 were ok smile_o.gif .

I have a GeForce 6800. I get very good FPS without DXDLL. I've basically just accepted the fact that I can't use DXDLL right now. I don't think it's worth going WAY back with the drivers... Then I'd probably have issues with other games. Hopefully a future driver release with fix the issue, or someone will figure out a way around it. ;)

Then problem i`ve managed, but my Flashpoint.exe gets an Windows XP error and must be canceled sad_o.gif

This problem had two friends from me too crazy_o.gif

Is this an problem of Service Pack 2??

some nice replies there thx all smile_o.gif

a friend of mine wants to sell his geforce fx 5700 card to me,

should i buy it? I use loads of addons tounge_o.gif but not gigabyte loads of addons but still biggrin_o.gif

and what about if i got 2x 256 mb ram sticks and 1x 512 mb ram stick, should i change my 2x 256 mb ram sticks into 1x 512 mb ram stick so i have 2x 512 mb ram sticks instead?

Then problem i`ve managed, but my Flashpoint.exe gets an Windows XP error and must be canceled sad_o.gif

This problem had two friends from me too crazy_o.gif

Is this an problem of Service Pack 2??

Disable DXDLL reflections, reinstall 71:89, reinstall OPF:R, should be anough smile_o.gif .

well i guess i should have got a x700, i think ati its better for ofp.

i just sent my grafic card to be tested at the shop.

Also in battlefields mission i get like 30fps with 900 vd without dxdll, thats very low for a 6600GT pci-e.

also thers fade out when in dark i mean in cessena when i look to right or left instruments fade out for 2 secons or more.

Its kinda suckky seems the whole game is lagged. and i tried 10 diferent drivers.

I may perform a MLU of my current hardware to tide me over until "OFP 2" comes and was looking at the GeForce 6600GT graphic card but seeing this thread made me a bit worried...

I see some of you are running OFP:R fine (or at least you say so...) with the above card without DXDLL so I assume this is a driver thing? What driver version/s do you recommend? Any other disadvantage going with a 6600GT?

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

Use the Omega driver. It seems to fix things up. I was even getting 250 FPS in the menu!! Thats crazy. But in missions with a lot of stuff, the fps isnt that high.

some of ya was talking about processr for better and faster game what processr is this iv got an 3.0 intel is AMD better rock.gif and so an processr and memmory would do the fps better rock.gif

I may perform a MLU of my current hardware to tide me over until "OFP 2" comes and was looking at the GeForce 6600GT graphic card but seeing this thread made me a bit worried...

I see some of you are running OFP:R fine (or at least you say so...) with the above card without DXDLL so I assume this is a driver thing? What driver version/s do you recommend? Any other disadvantage going with a 6600GT?

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

I've got a GT6600 AGP card on an AMD 64 3200 processor with 1Ghz of RAM and all I can say is that OFP:R (mainly FDF multiplayer) runs smoothly at 1600 * 1200 with DXDLL fully enabled (reflections, postprocessing, etc.) and the rest of settings (textures, lod, etc.) set to medium, high values. That's using Omega drivers. Latest Nvidia drivers make my framerates drop drastically with DXDLL enabled like other people stated.

If your processor and RAM don't need updating first I should say it's a good investment.

Thanks for the feedback guys... Have to think a bit more about this. Maybe I'm better off staying with my Ti4200 that works OK. May not be extremely fast but doing 1600x1200 OK in OFP (no DXDLL) and also works OK in all other sims I play using the same driver.

Would hate to see a downgrade in OFP after buying a new graphic card sad_o.gif

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)