Sign in to follow this  
Llauma

OFP2 player animations

This is sort of a question and a suggestion..

Wouldn't it be great to have dynamic animations for the units? With dynamic I mean an animation system that works like the LODs for models. Units close to you have very detailed and therefor CPU demanding animations and the further away they are the less detailed they get.

I don't know how hard it would be to implement but it doesn't sound too complicated.

I`ve thought about it some time after I had read your post...

In fact, most detailed anims would have guys from your squad (they`re the nearest ones).

Tangos anims will be more detailed if you watch them through the sniper scope? Is my interpretation right?

It would allow clothing simulation i think, many details could be animated.

Also I`ve thought about SWAT3..

The thing I didn`t like about that game, was that AI cops weren`t using anims at all when you didn`t look at them...

And there was some kind of popup window working like camera from AI player`s helmet, which was showing that they`re really hovering, not walking. If some of them had entered your view, they began to use anims. (at least that was my impression)

CPU power saving?

Anyone remember old SWAT3? Did you feel the same while you were playing?

H&D2! The a.i. animations looked good at close but awfull from the distance (spaghetti airport?), thats something i wouldnt like to see/have in OPF2. Oh my, i was imagining instaling OPF2 right now and the first minuts of gameplay, i think i wont be able to handle the excitement sad_o.gif .

OFP NEVER DIES!!!

Lo all, im a OFP fan so i apreciate alot the work! smile_o.gif .. cant wait for OFP 2! biggrin_o.gif

Tough i have some sugestions and critics to make it better if possible.

From the pics you guys publicated i dont like the knee position.. its strange!

It doesnt look natural.. is it the same pos used in OFP? ofp2kneepos.jpg

I think the normal up pos with gun is kinda "tense/rigid", they could be more natural (the soldiers look like "rocks")

ofp2standpointing.jpg

maybe more natural standing pos can be added? wish you all good work and inspiration wink_o.gif

Keep up the good work! GO TEAM wink_o.gif

PS- All the work i have seen in pics gave me lots inspiration for new missions biggrin_o.gif, cant wait to build missions with OFP2

we cant folow our comments by the pics that a ofp 2 engine

with ofp 1 stuff in it. To get rid of the ofp1 stuff in it they need time lol the time till 2006.

We cant judge by pics cuz its a new engine with ofp1 stuff in it ;)

I agree with the up stance looking thru sights, anyone shooting a saw like that would fall on their ass, i think the legs shouldnt be like that, the left one should be one step forward wink_o.gif .

I agree with the up stance looking thru sights, anyone shooting a saw like that would fall on their ass, i think the legs shouldnt be like that, the left one should be one step forward wink_o.gif .

uh, if you fire a SAW like that, it would just be really hard to control.

it fires 5.56, weighs more than an M16

so by your logic an M16 should send a soldier through a wall.

uh, if you fire a SAW like that, it would just be really hard to control.

it fires 5.56, weighs more than an M16

so by your logic an M16 should send a soldier through a wall.

Ok, the stance doesnt seem apropriate to fire any rifle, but i think the 249 must have higher recoil due to its fire mode (even if you shoot controled bursts) and possibly its fire rate?

Being heavier is not such a good thing if it makes you swing while you aim because your arms will get tired fast while standing like that smile_o.gif .

<span style='color:blue'><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Have you ever seen a game where your player destruction model is detailed enough to affect your movements in a real/natural way?</span></span>

I've never seen one!

You've already intergrated the black and white outs and the moaning inaccurate aiming features. This is very nice but can be improved to new levels!

I thought about a bullet hit in your arm e.g. would cause you not being able to use a heavy maschine gun anymore and won't let you aim accurately with a normal rifle because of the pain...

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>*</span></span> The harder the hit the harder should be using things anymore.

<span style='font-size:11pt;line-height:100%'>Think about following szene...

You're a soldier walking with an M16 in hand infront of you and you got shot in your arm. Would you be able to hold the rifle anymore at this moment? I think not. It should be dropped away somewhere on the ground. And perhaps you cannot take and hold your rifle amymore. You have to use your handgun if you got one. But shit - you're right-hander and the bullet stucks in your right upperarm's bone. If you don't want to die facing the enemy you have to use your left hand to shoot him down! But you can't aim as good as on right for sure and your pain makes it not even better... but there's no other chance!</span>

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>*</span></span> Or a direct hit to your body while running shouldn't let you run anymore even if its not a deadly hit. A shot from behind should let you fall straight and switch you to lying position or a hit from ahead should let you fall behind or even breakdown but not running like now!

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>*</span></span> In all cases your aiming should be inaccurate in percentage to your damage!

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>*</span></span> A dynamic voice improvement would be nice to. Some sounds like moaning or even screams if you get hit or walk even if you got a bullet in your leg.

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'>*</span></span> By the way driving shouldn't be possible with harder leg or arm injuries.

I could tell much more examples because this is a wide field for improvements. Only some more catchwords will follow...

- limping

- crying

- screaming

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:firebrick'>This would be NEXT GENERATION for me...</span></span>

What do you think???

Quote[/b] ]Or a direct hit to your trunk while running shouldn't let you run anymore even if its not a deadly hit. A shot from behind should let you fall straight and switch you to lying position or a hit from ahead should let you fall behind or even breakdown but not running like now!

haha pardon me but my english is not perfect but aren't trunks what elephants have hanging from their face. Last time I checked i didnt have one  tounge2.gif

j/k  xmas_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Or a direct hit to your trunk while running shouldn't let you run anymore even if its not a deadly hit. A shot from behind should let you fall straight and switch you to lying position or a hit from ahead should let you fall behind or even breakdown but not running like now!

haha pardon me but my english is not perfect but aren't trunks what elephants have hanging from their face. Last time I checked i didnt have one  tounge2.gif

j/k  xmas_o.gif

Yes but also torso or body wink_o.gif

j/k  xmas_o.gif

X men evolution? rofl.gif

Being shot with a modern riffle won't influence on your body speed, since the body mass is so much larger than that of a bullet, which normally just penetrates your body anyway.

Nowadays bullets are made to injure you, but unless its a fatal hit or a direct hit on you vital movment parts (like the knee), you will still be able to run, and probably won't notice the hit due to adrenaline.

I concur with you bravo 6... Those animations just looks weird.

When in knee position, you would be using your left knee to support your left elbow to get a steady aim.

Look at this:

ofp2kneepos.jpg

Those guys looks like they want to get shot... Number one reason why to support your arm on your knee, is a more steady aim. Number two reason is a much lower silhuet, making it harder to hit you. Those guys there looks like some painball-club rookies who just wants to get shot, lol smile_o.gif

And the standing position is just too... well.... so neutral... When aiming the rifle like that, you would be moving your weight forward on the left foot, trying to stop the recoil and therefor making the aim more effectively when firing multiple shots... If you were standing like that, you would loose your balance when firing and therefor cause a longer interval before being able to fire an aimed shot again. Heres the image again:

ofp2standpointing.jpg

Those guys look retards... just look on the mgunner in the top right... that gun would flip him over when fired, lol smile_o.gif

Anyway, its alpha 0.00001 so i dont think we need to worry smile_o.gif

Personally, i like the ofp anims alot more :-)

Being shot with a modern riffle won't influence on your body speed, since the body mass is so much larger than that of a bullet, which normally just penetrates your body anyway.

Nowadays bullets are made to injure you, but unless its a fatal hit or a direct hit on you vital movment parts (like the knee), you will still be able to run, and probably won't notice the hit due to adrenaline.

You say if you got a shot on your legs while running you continue running because of adrenaline and won't stop? I cannot believe. A bullet like a 7.62 or 5.56 doesn't glide through your body without heavy injuries except you got a graze perhaps. It destroys muscles and sinews and therefore running isn't possible in the way you were able before the hit if ever! There aren't so many parts on a human body which are not influencing its movement possiblities!

And as I said the harder or where the hit is placed, the harder the derogation!

You say if you got a shot on your legs while running you continue running because of adrenaline and won't stop? I cannot believe. A bullet like a 7.62 or 5.56 doesn't glide through your body without heavy injuries except you got a graze perhaps. It destroys muscles and sinews and therefore running isn't possible in the way you were able before the hit if ever! There aren't so many parts on a human body which are not influencing its movement possiblities!

And as I said the harder or where the hit is placed, the harder the derogation!

It wouldnt influence you as much as when hit from the front you would fall backwards... Sure it will destroy tissue and muscle... but if you knew how much the body can substain of damage before collapsing under the right circumstances. If you are pumped with adrenaline, your brain will somehow ignore the signals the body sends. That is why you hear all those stories with people not realising they got hit, or even lost a limb.

It wouldnt influence you as much as when hit from the front you would fall backwards... Sure it will destroy tissue and muscle... but if you knew how much the body can substain of damage before collapsing under the right circumstances. If you are pumped with adrenaline, your brain will somehow ignore the signals the body sends. That is why you hear all those stories with people not realising they got hit, or even lost a limb.

Then think about shotguns... And yes adrenaline would cause such happenings but it only resists until a fighting break. If you calm down between some small fight you will realize your injury and even your brain will...

But don't let us discuss such small details better to discuss if its possible or even wished to be implemented!

Then think about shotguns... And yes adrenaline would cause such happenings but it only resists until a fighting break. If you calm down between some small fight you will realize your injury and even your brain will...

But don't let us discuss such small details better to discuss if its possible or even wished to be implemented!

only in movies will shotguns make you fly backwards when hit.

Quote[/b] ] only in movies will shotguns make you fly backwards when hit.

that is compleatly true.

hollywood has pumped garbage into our minds over the years.

the laws of physics state that every action has an opposite and equal reaction.

there for the person getting hit by a shot gun, would have a force acting on them equal to that of shotgun recoil on the shooter of the shotgun.

so by hollywood physics, if you shoot a shotgun you also would go flying.

Yea, you will be transferred the same power of the shooter, and therefor you would be pushed backwards as much as the shooter is IF the bullets doesn't penetrated. But since they do that, the influence is actually even smaller smile_o.gif