Sign in to follow this  
Llauma

CiA co-op night

We have been working on a list with players who are granted to join due to the fact that they have played enough times and have shown good behaviour. The granted list has 27 players who have been playing with us at some point the last months. There are some newbies who we are unsure of and also some old players who have got to improve their behaviour to be allowed to continue on our server.

All will be contacted and those who are granted to join will get a PM from me or bals with the new password. Those we are unsure of will get a chance to show that they can handle our style of playing, and the old players will get told what we expect of them. If you use a different name at our server than at these forums plz inform us, otherwise we wont be able to send you the new password.

Those who haven't played with us but would want to try just PM me or bals, or just drop a line our the CiA forums and I'm sure we'll be able grant you a trial. Consider it as your first day at the job when you watch the instructor more than you actually work.

So from now on it's no joking.. Those who still can't behave or follow orders will be shot, brought back to life, shot again and finally banned.

We're sorry it turned out this way but the option would be to make it CiA only. Anyone who somehow gets the pass and joins without our approval will get banned too.

That's a real shame that you are locking down like this.

But if you're having problems of this severity I guess it's the only effective option, I just hope I wasn't one of those that managed to upset you.

I'll try to be there tomorrow. Sorry for my absence as of recently. It's not because I'm occupied... I simply forget! :-/

So let me get this straight - I'll be PM'd the password for the server if yours truely has been a good boy?

It's a real shame you have to do this but for the good of the COOP nights it's the right thing to do.

I'm just a bit peeved that a few have spoiled it for the majority who,personally, really enjoy the games together and take great pleasure in working as part of a team.

I hope that in the future the games can return to their original intention.

See it from another perspective. We are trying to improve gaming for all of us. This means more work for us but the goal is worth the effort.

If this has now become a private server it would not be appropriate to keep the thread in MP, so if that's the case let me know and I'll move it to S&FP.

darn...

And i only made it 2 times.... crap. Really had a fun time there... Now what am i use my mircrophone for now, lol smile_o.gif?

It has not turned a private server as Llauma clearly pointed out in his post. If it had turned into one we would have let you known...

Thanks for your warm words placebo. Nice to see community work honored.

Is it available to anyone and everyone who reads this thread and wishes to play? If so I'll consider it public, if it's available to a select number of individuals chosen by some kind of reason or process I'll consider it private.

I'll ignore your attempt at a drama queen'esque barb smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Is it available to anyone and everyone who reads this thread and wishes to play?

For sure it is.

Quote[/b] ]Those who haven't played with us but would want to try just PM me or bals, or just drop a line our the CiA forums and I'm sure we'll be able grant you a trial.

I guess that´s clear enough.

For sure there are people who join and joined and were not acceptable in attitude and style of gameplay. As on any other server those are not welcome. That´s business as usual and clearly regulated within our server rules.

Quote[/b] ]I'll ignore your attempt at a drama queen'esque barb

It wouldnt hurt from time to time to get some positive feedback, not just regulations placebo. If you assume that as drama queen'esque barb you got it wrong.

Edit: Why don´t you just take your time, install FDF and the needed addons that can be found on our homepage, install Teamspeak and join us for a ride placebo ? It can´t hurt, can it ? wink_o.gif

... i`l join for shure, just my HDD is acting strange since lastnight.

and net connection is less then reliable mad_o.gif ,

it just stop working, and reports my username and password are not on domain,

damn, i hope tonight will be ok!

I'm a bit confused now.

From the previous posts it sounds like the server is still open access. Is this the case or is a new password to be issued.

If it's a case of a new password when can we expect the PM? I just would like to know to see if I make the cut. smile_o.gif

Yes there will be a new password, and yes it will be transferred by a pm. But don't worry so much folks, it's not really a process of selection, more of regulation. smile_o.gif

I might try and catch a few games tonight, was really cool last sunday even though some didn't behave very good mad_o.gif

Yes there will be a new password, and yes it will be transferred by a pm. But don't worry so much folks, it's not really a process of selection, more of regulation. smile_o.gif

hmm.. what does this mean then?

Quote[/b] ]We have been working on a list with players who are granted to join due to the fact that they have played enough times and have shown good behaviour. The granted list has 27 players who have been playing with us at some point the last months. There are some newbies who we are unsure of and also some old players who have got to improve their behaviour to be allowed to continue on our server.

*im confused*

It means we did made the list. It's just that it's not constructed by choosing the best players by selection, but by eliminating the ones that proved they don't seem to fit with the server rules. By spreading and keeping track of the people who have access by means of the server password, the quality of the game can be regulated. New players can always join, they just need to apply for the password smile_o.gif

Okay to get this clear...

All new players will be allowed to join if the they PM me or any other CiA member so we can give them the password. This password is an invitation to our server but if the person wont act according to the rules he aint welcome anymore. The old password got too public and people could join and blame that they didn't know the server rules. Now we give away the password only to those who are aware of the rules we have.

Also, the good thing is that all players who will join from now on will either have an account at BIS or CiA forums so we will be able to contact them.

In a way it's not totally public as people can be kicked or even banned depending on what they do but I am sure such setup exists on all public servers.

I will send the new password to those who have been playing with us the last months so there's no need to PM me and ask for it as those who have never joined must do. If you haven't received a PM before the evening it's either cause it was a long time ago since you played so you are not in my PM list or that you use a different username in OFP than at the forums.

I have sent PM's with pass to all I thought would have wanted to join tonight so if I have missed someone just ask.

Guest Ti0n3r

You seem to have forgot me. sad_o.gif

is CIA time swedish time?

ah well CIA time is now about 20.52 ,my time is 21.35

i'll wait.oh and drop in to TS2.

The CiA time is to be found in the upper right corner of the CiA site. Right now it's 21:09, games will start around 22:00.

oh, the CiA clock is a little of track it seems. It's 20:56 here.. well, just drop by in about an hour wink_o.gif