Sign in to follow this  
kavoven

AEF: Phoenix Island

After the train release, no tamtam this time smile_o.gif

Here is our last big official project, Phoenix Island.

Version 1.1 complete

Patch(replace old phoe.pbo)

For further downloads see http://www.ofpbase.com OR http://www.ofp.info

Please read the ReadMe!

<u>

Required Addons:</u>

Phoenix Island Textures, pi_tex.pbo ....Included in the DL-File

The AGS Harbourtkit, ags_port.pbo......Included in the DL-File

Mapfact Nogova Mine Ldt. Objects,JOF_Objects1.pbo....Included in the DL-File

AEF-Reallights, AEF_Reallights.pbo......Included in the DL-File

AEF-Addons, AEF.pbo.......................Included in the DL-File

The Mapfact Baracken Addon 1.5, baracken.pbo DOWNLOAD @ OFP.info

The AEF-Train Addon Version 1.1, aef_train.pbo DOWNLOAD @ OFP.info

THE AGS Industrial Pack Version 3.0, AGS_inds.pbo DOWNLOAD @ OFP.info

I hope that there'll be a complete pack with all addons in it, but my webspace is limited and I guess that you already have the Baracken Addon for example.

Features

- A whole new Island

- A new small Campaign, which will be continued. This is an alternative campaign for the originally planed AEF-Campaign. It doesn't feature any points of the first story and it's based on the FDF Mod, sorry for the ISDN and 56K users, but FDF features some effects, which I don't want to script manually. I began with this campaign in january, it has 3 missions + 2 cuts, but no intro. That's because I experienced some really heavy problems with OFP until a week ago, because since then Nvidia published a new driver for their graphic cards.

- A small demo mission using only official stuff (more missions in work!wink_o.gif

Enjoy... smile_o.gif

screen11.JPG

Bugs and Improvement suggestion can be posted here or sent to kavoven@ofp-editing.de smile_o.gif

http://www.aef-kampagne.de

http://www.ofp-editing.de

Regards,

kavoven

ps.

Some addons you saw in the trailer aren't used on the island, that's because there is no one left to finish these addon. The Checkpoint ins't using, no traffic lights at the moment and some other addons we planed (submarine, hangar and all these things) are not finished, I'm really sorry for that.

BUT! There are a few smaller addons like the Commander View, the Civil Traffic system, an IR-View and so on which are finished and will be released by me in the next days/weeks. smile_o.gif

pps.

THX to Chneeman from mapfact for the fast beta test smile_o.gif

thx k@voven for the work you put in it, although you are alone,

gonna test this nice island today, but i guess it is, as usual, awsome smile_o.gif

Great news! Thank you for your hard work, guys! I do appreciate it. smile_o.gif

That's great!

It's a pity that no one of your mod team was left to help you out, but you did a good job!

And I'm looking forward to the other addons you're going to release. smile_o.gif

Very good job, especially cause you finished it all on your own. The fact that you never gave up makes you and the Island something special. Thanks for all the work you put into that project.

I seen all the screenshots from Phoenix Island before but now as II can run/drive/fly on it on my own it's even better smile_o.gif

This is a really nice island, i liked it alot. Large but detailed, and the mix of Res and CWC things has worked well i think. The new objects, just small things, like the hanging washing and new bus stop really add to it i think. Good job smile_o.gif

Mirror here.

Just tried it out and I liked a lot what I've seen. Here's a quick review:

The landscape is very varied and quite realistic, there some very nice custom ground textures. Town layouts are belivable and I liked all the warehouses and industrial depots scattered all over the island. Placement of objects is very good. The best feature of all - the railway network is very well planed. The railroads and use of some custom objects adds a lot of unique feel to the island.

I was looking for the waterfall that I can remember from one of your trailers, but I couldn't find it. I suspect it didn't make it to the final release? Too bad.

I've found a lot of excellent spots that allow many interesting scenarios to be played as well as some places that may even serve for DM-fun games. smile_o.gif

I've found very few little glitches too, the most annoying of all is the control tower and radar right next to the airport runway. An immediate result was that I crashed my nice shining DC-3 during landing. These two buildings should be moved further away from the runway and taxiways, preferably somewhere near the terminal building.

The other bug I've found was a forest square floating in the air at Hd24. Hmmm... and that'd be about all of them. smile_o.gif

Overall, it's a great island, definitely a keeper in my addons folder! icon14.gif

Wahoooooooooo!

download - check

installation - check

trying out - commencing

I was looking for the waterfall that I can remember from one of your trailers, but I couldn't find it. I suspect it didn't make it to the final release? Too bad.

Ah yes, the waterfall...

I have to dig a bit but I think we have it still somewhere on our server.... didn't expected that it was such a highlight *g* Noted!

I've found a lot of excellent spots that allow many interesting scenarios to be played as well as some places that may even serve for DM-fun games. smile_o.gif

I'm happy you like it smile_o.gif I always had some scenarios in mind when I editied the island.

I've found very few little glitches too, the most annoying of all is the control tower and radar right next to the airport runway. An immediate result was that I crashed my nice shining DC-3 during landing. These two buildings should be moved further away from the runway and taxiways, preferably somewhere near the terminal building.

The other bug I've found was a forest square floating in the air at Hd24. Hmmm... and that'd be about all of them. smile_o.gif

Noted and will be changed, my only landings were with an F18, I dind't expected (again) such great plains on the island *g*

And at Hotshot:

Thank's a lot for the mirrow smile_o.gif

Just one little request if I may?

Some custom objects such as train stations and warehouses, etc. have some lighting problems that can be fixed in like 5 minutes by using sharp edges properly. Could you consider a little update to those objects in the future? Once again, thanks for your hard work on this one. smile_o.gif

i don't remember how the waterfall looked, but if it looks as i imagine it to, then i really hope that you can find it smile_o.gif

I can do that probably with the train stations, but the warehouses are from mapfact.net, so we have to wait for an update from them.

Which stations do you mean? The bigger one or the two smaller ones?

report:

Yep, some of the buildings definitely need sharp shading, you see it when they have those "light spots" on normal surfaces.

The railway station in New Haven is placed too near to the rail, when you enter it by train you crash it.

I love the ground textures and the landscape, the high mountains are just amazing! You did a good job there! I'll report more when I got more time to test it to the nails

Ok, I looked through the files to check what belongs where and you're right, most of the problems are with the mapfact warehouses.

However, these models could use fixing:

AEF_Train\h\bhf_h.p3d (the clock is ok, but the building need sharp edges)

AEF_Train\h\station1.p3d

AEF_Train\h\rampe.p3d

AEF_Train\t\pbock2.p3d

AEF_Train\t\weiche2.p3d

(the waggon models could use some fixing too, but that's a whole diffrent story...)

AEF\h\busstop.p3d

AEF\h\gzaun3a.p3d

AEF\h\gzaun3b.p3d

AEF\h\PortPilar.p3d

AEF\h\Portwall.p3d

AEF\h\Wzaun*.p3d

AEF\sg\busstop.p3d

(Few other minor models, glitches not really visible, so no need to bother fixing) wink_o.gif

Ok, I like what you guys did to the community so much that I decided to offer my help here. If you send me all the p3d MLOD models from AEF_train.pbo and AEF.pbo, I'll quickly fix them for you. How about that? smile_o.gif

That would be really, really great, pn is on the way smile_o.gif

good work smile_o.gif I couldn't help to notice some connecticut town names (new haven, norwich)...heh, reminds me of my home smile_o.gif

oh this was a happy surprise too see! biggrin_o.gif

i'll test this right away , i have been waiting for this island for a year or so? biggrin_o.gif great that you released it k@voven, you made my day! unclesam.gif

This is hands down the most well designed island I've seen. It's simply stunning.

The train has some problems here and there (angles) but the island itself is fantastic.

Now we would need Phoenix Defence Forces as well smile_o.gif. And a flag perhaps?

BM

downloading now. With all the positive feedback, im really looking forward to it!! smile_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Good job AEF!