Sign in to follow this  
CAPAIRMAN

Land of the Dead!!!

I don't know how many people are interested in the living dead, but i thought it was my duty to annonce the forth george romero zombie movie entitled "Land of the Dead". Release date set for june 24.

Land of the dead info

landotd_a.jpg

biggrin_o.gif finally biggrin_o.gif and i can finally se an 18 film then :P (not to say i havnt before, but ahem...legally :P)

Wildo

I wonder what the social commentary is going to be in this movie. Could it be:

From John Leguizamo:

Quote[/b] ]It's an action movie, it's political, it's got a little bit of comic relief as well. The zombies have taken over, and there are only certain patches of right-wing people controlling everything, and then the working-class people like me and Simon Baker come in and to try to help get supplies from the zombies. It's amazing, man. I felt blessed; I mean, I'm not religious, but all of a sudden I felt like 'wow.'"

I hope they do not do anything stupid.... crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

So... he finally got his fourth episode onto film biggrin_o.gif

But... why has he changed the name... all indications from the past pointed to Romero naming the fourth one "Twilight of the dead"!?! rock.gif

I love "Night of the living dead", "Dawn of the dead" and "Day of the dead".

And speaking of Dawn of the dead... the remake were not that bad... all things considered. How many of you have seen all the different versions of the original Dawn of the dead? And which one do you feel is the better?

In the extras for day of the dead, romero stated that the next film wouldn't be called twilight of the dead.

Perhaps a bit unrelated to the original topic here... but Zack Snyder who directed the remake of Dawn of the Dead is now going to direct "Rainbow Six"! I haven't checked up on the status of this film for a month or two, and suddenly while I was cruising around at IMDB I saw it.

(Rainbow Six is the movie based on Tom Clancy's book, which the Rainbow Six/Rogue Spear/Raven Shield is based upon - John Woo were attached as director for a long time until now.)

He may be a somewhat unknown director, but I liked his way of directing in the remake of DotD. And I really think he can do a better job of making Rainbow Six into a movie than Woo.

Well, sorry for off topic, but I just thought I should mention it... and I didn't bother to make a whole new thread about it tounge_o.gif

Both Land of the Dead and Rainbow Six are two eagerly awaited movies from me.

I'm not sure which Dawn of the Dead I prefer, I like the original because theres a lot of wish fufillment in there, the zombies and stupid, so you could really just wander around looting stuff and shooting zombies who used to be people you didn't like, it would be awesome. I also like the way parts of it were shot like documentary footafe, like when you see all those hillbillie types making a day of going out shooting zombies.

New Dawn of the Dead was cool cause it was scary and about 10 times better that 28 days later, which I feel, in retrospect was a lame, half-assed zombie movie. I have mixed feelings about removing the motorcycle gang, but I can see they would'nt with fast zombies.

One of the old ones I like too, its black and white, theres a few people holed in a house in the country, they fight the zombies off, and then get shot by other people who mistake them for zombies right at the end.

Theres an aussie zombie movie coming out soon too, Undead, the trailer looks pretty cool, but reviews said only so so, i'll check it out anyway, it has to be better than resident Evil 2 - Worst zombie movie EVER!!

1 was O.K, but 2...

It had no tension at all, and almost no plot, have you seen any other zombie movies? Cause your missing out if that s your whole frame of reference.

But then I find the idea of driving around in an apocolyptic wastleland blowing zombies AWAY and stealing stuff strangley alluring, so mabye its a difference in perception.

I wasnt looking for a movie to sit down and watch when I rented them I was looking for a movie that remotely interesting and funny at the same time.

How can you go past loads of zombies wandering around a shopping mall? One of the best films IMO....

When Resident Evil was first released on the PS1, I was maybe 12/13 at the time, and for me then, it was perhaps the most immersive games I had ever played after MUD. Hmm maybe I was just too old by the time the films was released (22 now) and it had lost its "magic" (or maybe the films just plain sucked)

Anyhow, even though RE was a game (when comparing game to film, even though next comparison is film to film) when drawing the same comparisons to the orignial dawn of the dead, to the remake I was again disappointed, this film just doens't hold too much hope for me.

Dawn of the Dead was a good movie too. I liked the ending if you know what I mean wink_o.gif

I just thought it was my civic duty as starter of this thread to announce that the trailer has been released.

Trailer

it is a streaming video, hope you like it.

I love the first line of this trailer, from notld

Thats a good movie too. I still say you've got red on you to people.

Guys, don't forget Shaun of the Dead. The best British movie since Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

The interesting thing about that is Romero liked Shaun of the Dead so much he asked the cast to cameo in this one...

EDIT:From the packed trivia link:

Quote[/b] ]George A. Romero, creator of the films that this movie lampoons, was so impressed with Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright's work that he asked them to appear in "Land of the Dead", the fourth part of his "Dead" series, possibly in cameos as zombies.

So... he finally got his fourth episode onto film  biggrin_o.gif

But... why has he changed the name... all indications from the past pointed to Romero naming the fourth one "Twilight of the dead"!?!  rock.gif

I love "Night of the living dead", "Dawn of the dead" and "Day of the dead".

And speaking of Dawn of the dead... the remake were not that bad... all things considered. How many of you have seen all the different versions of the original Dawn of the dead? And which one do you feel is the better?

Twilight might have been too soft a word. Anyways, he'd already done a Nigh movie.

God, I love zombie films. I've not seen the remake of Dawn yet because I just know I'll hate it, having seen the original a bazillion times. Shaun of the Dead though... now, that's a film biggrin_o.gif

Romero and American McG also plan to make a game out of this, right?

Wasn't it supposed to be one of the most brutal games of all times?

I have seen the Dawn of dead remake and actually liked it, havn't seen the original though. I'm actually not a big fan of zombie flicks but making a DVD/Video-evening with some friends you definately need some zombie movies and Shaun of the dead is a must biggrin_o.gif

is it me or does it just look not as good as his other 3 dead films? (ive got all of them on DVD, and i love them to bits :P)

and also does it use the RE music (sounds familiar)

Wildo

But then I find the idea of driving around in an apocolyptic wastleland blowing zombies and stealing stuff strangley alluring

blowing zombies..... ewwwww dude tounge_o.gif

Romero and American McG also plan to make a game out of this, right?

Wasn't it supposed to be one of the most brutal games of all times?

I have seen the Dawn of dead remake and actually liked it, havn't seen the original though. I'm actually not a big fan of zombie flicks but making a DVD/Video-evening with some friends you definately need some zombie movies and Shaun of the dead is a must biggrin_o.gif

Yes, theywill be making a game entitled city of the dead. Its supposed to be pretty violent. Zombies can even hit you with their own severed arms smile_o.gif. Take a look at the link to get an example of the gorelink

Zombies! I love zombie movies! I have all the Romero movies, plus the remake of Dawn.

I hope there's as much carnage in this one as the others. It seems that he's building up alot on the intellegent zombie theory presented in Day. One was using a Aug, and a blog I read of a zombie extra showed that they were using tools primitivly to knock down windows etc.

Love the Romero zombie movies...some of the first horro flicks that I really enjoyed. Looking forward to this movie bigtime. smile_o.gif