Sign in to follow this  
Warin

The Middle East part 2

Actually, that was the reason. The whole case erupted back in September, when a childrens book writer couldnt find any pictures for a book he was writing. He asked Jylland-Posten for help concerning this issue, and after they realised none of newer time really existed, they made a contest. They asked their own cartoon artists to make a drawing of Muhammed the way they looked at it. The whole lot of cartoons came with a little comment from each author. Many of them, including the most critized one (bomb on head), were made to illustrate how some terrorists hide behind the face of religion. That it was Muhammed that he drew was obvious, since many terror-groups are using Islam as refference when doing terror-acts.

THATS more like what i read...sounds completly differnt now, doesn't it?

We can roll it out for another 300 posts. Added up at the end it still stay a legal expression of opinion. Wenn you take western standarts it isn't offensive (look at all the jesus paintings...the don't offend anybody so that they turn mad).

Even if they offend some people, these people have lost their right to protest simply by taking violent actions no sensible person can tollerate. Spiritual leaders not doing anything against it or rather heating things up, can't claim any simpathy anymore.

Religious protest is ok...put it has to be peaceful. Religious rules are fine to...but they have to stand back behind the bill of human rights (a slight problem in a lot of islamic regimes). And most importand: every violent protest loses its legitimacy!

The iran is heating up the tensions confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

Attacke aus Iran: "Merkel sieht sich als Hitler"

Ein Mitglied der iranischen Führung hat Bundeskanzlerin Angela Merkel mit Adolf Hitler verglichen. Der Kommunikationschef der Revolutionären Garden, Massud Dschasajeri, habe gesagt: "In ihren kindlichen Träumen sieht sie sich selbst als Adolf Hitler und glaubt daher, dass sie als Kanzlerin die Welt beherrschen kann." Das berichtete die iranische Nachrichtenagentur Isna.

"Von Leuten, die eine zionistische Vergangenheit haben, kann man nichts anderes erwarten."

Quelle: N24.de

Quick Translation:

"Merkel sees her self as Hitler"

A leading member of the iran has compared germanys kanzler Angela Merkel with Adolf Hitler. The comunicationchief of the republican guard, Massud Dschasajeri, said: "In her childisch dreams she sees her self as Adolf Hitler and thinks she can rule the world."

"You can't expect anything different from people with a zionist past."

rofl.gif ...so daft no one here even comments it....nor burn down anything.

Quote[/b] ]Many of them, including the most critized one (bomb on head), were made to illustrate how some terrorists hide behind the face of religion.

Sorry. Still can't see the connection.

Author: "Hi. There are no pictures of Muhammed. Can you help me, JP?"

JP: "Well, our interpretation is that terrorists hide their ideals behind the veil of the Koran"

I don't see how you get from one to the other.

Quote[/b] ]Religious protest is ok...put it has to be peaceful. Religious rules are fine to...but they have to stand back behind the bill of human rights (a slight problem in a lot of islamic regimes).

I agree that religious protest is okay. I wouldn't just say it's a slight problem in just Islamic regiemes though. The Chinese don't have the rights that we do, and Americans have lost a lot of civil liberties as well...though now I'm nitpicking.

Quote[/b] ]it IS legal and one's right to insult someone else.

I suppose that depends on where you live. In Canada, you have rights, but only up to a reasonable extent. In our legal system, provocation is a defence for commiting a crime.

Quote[/b] ]Don't you think it's utterly ridiculous that there were so few people willing to portray Mohammed (in any way) in the first place?

Not really. I suppose it's because people respected the muslim religion enough not to insult them.

I would have found it equally disrespectful if we saw a cartoon of Jesus getting a blowjob back when the rampant homosexuality was being uncovered in the church.

Abs

Just saw this today:

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc....33195F3

Quote[/b] ]SAMARRA, Iraq: An Iraqi looks 09 February 2006 at the wreckage of an unfinished children hospital that was destroyed by insurgents in the city of Samarra, north of Baghdad. Unknown gunmen planted explosives in the base of the hospital largely destroying most of the compound. AFP PHOTO/DIA HAMID (Photo credit should read DIA HAMID/AFP/Getty Images)

And Marines with the new SAPI Plates.

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc....4B4128C

It's all just BS from muslim extremists. Just read that a egyptian newspaper printet the cartoons last october, and nobody reacted. And Jyllands-posten printed them last September wasn't it? It's quite easy to see that this don't really have anything to do with the cartoons, but that there's some muslim extremists taking advantege of the cartoons and making a big deal out of it (one theory I've hear is that it's Al-Fatah trying to show muscles). But they've managed to make a hell of a mess, and IMO it's just getting embarrasing for muslims. Now the fanatic muslims (and Syrias goverment) just keep whining about everything that countires (especially Norway and Denmark) do that may make fun of something with Islam. As the enlightened muslims have said, it's not the cartoons that's hurting Islam, it's all the mess they make out of it. I do understand that muslims feel hurt by these cartoons, and I do understand that they're letting us know. There's just 2 problems, they're showing their anger in a wrong way, and it's normal to protest against something just after it happened, not loads of months after whistle.gif

And wtf are the egyptians whinging about when they printed the shit long time ago banghead.gif

Quote[/b] ]Sorry. Still can't see the connection.

JP: "Well, our interpretation is that terrorists hide their ideals behind the veil of the Koran"

Its quite obvious.

JP couldnt believe that there werent any pictures of Muhammed. They asked alot of cartoon drawers to make one. Each made how they thought he would look like.

End of story.

JP couldnt believe that there werent any pictures of Muhammed. They asked alot of cartoon drawers to make one. Each made how they thought he would look like.

They did not only asked them politely. As far as I heard JP's own cartoonists were ordered to hand in something.

And what do you do if you don't like your task? You make fun of it.

At least 3 of the cartoons fall in this category:

The one with "JP made me draw this" and those depicting someone who cannot (Not even if you squint and close your eyes fast) be mistaken for Mohammed: He's wearing glasses, has blonde hair and no beard at all. Compare him to a photograph of the mentioned author if you haven't done that already.

So at least the drawers of these cartoons quite obviously refrained from drawing Mr. M. and made fun of the job they had to do.

In fact you can go an and relativate the meaning and importance of all those cartoons and I would if we where to talk about these cartoons itselves. Why should we?

Nobody is talking about them anymore probably no one ever has.

We are up to the ankles into a quagmire of dialectics an casuistics and fog is coming up.

They did not only asked them politely. As far as I heard JP's own cartoonists were ordered to hand in something.

And what do you do if you don't like your task? You make fun of it.

At least 3 of the cartoons fall in this category:

The one with "JP made me draw this" and those depicting someone who cannot (Not even if you squint and close your eyes fast) be mistaken for Mohammed: He's wearing glasses, has blonde hair and no beard at all. Compare him to a photograph of the mentioned author if you haven't done that already.

So at least the drawers of these cartoons quite obviously refrained from drawing Mr. M. and made fun of the job they had to do.

In fact you can go an and relativate the meaning and importance of all those cartoons and I would if we where to talk about these cartoons itselves. Why should we?

Nobody is talking about them anymore probably no one ever has.

We are up to the ankles into a quagmire of dialectics an casuistics and fog is coming up.

They are all freelance drawers - so it wasnt their job. They all made fun of it... Some with more critical responds than others.

The whole case isnt about the cartoons or free spech anymore. Its about people feeling surpressed in the muslim countries. They ARE supressed by their own government. But they arent allowed to protest against it. This rage has been lifted to greater heights because they are trying to blaim the free west (which the Muslim youth in the Muslim countries look on ave on).

The crisis have to be dealt with in the Muslim countries, since thats where the problem is. Not here in Denmark nor rest of Europe.

Quote[/b] ]Sorry. Still can't see the connection.

I believe it went more like this:

JP: "We will try to find cartoonists willing to portray Muhammed. We will give them the freedom to portray the Prophet in a way they find fitting the current events".

Besides, you cannot deny that the terrorists ARE hiding behind a misinterpretation of the Koran to justify their actions. If anyone is insulting the Islam, it's the pseudo-devout extremists.

Quote[/b] ]Not really. I suppose it's because people respected the muslim religion enough not to insult them.

Do you honestly think that? Don't you suppose it's equally plausible that they were simply scared shitless of what might happen if they did portray Muhammed? The frightening part is that they were actually right.

To tell you the truth, it's not the reaction in Islamic countries that scares me the most, because quite frankly I couldn't care less. It's the lacklustre reaction of our governments that worries me. Freedom of speech is one of our fundamental rights and should be defended nail and tooth. JP did not violate any laws, as far as I know blasphemy is not illegal. Still, European leaders are behaving like scared dogs. When I heard an interview with Javier Solana, my stomach churned. He came across as timid, intimidated. Muslims have every right to feel insulted, but Europe must not allow itself to be intimidated into discounting one of the core concepts of democracy, the freedom of speech. This was such an outstanding opportunity to display European unity. Freedom of speech is a concept shared by all member states, so one would expect that it shouldn't be too difficult to form a single front on this matter. Alas, no such luck. But hey, the ME is a nice potential market, and the people there are willing to buy our cars and mobile phones... So let's swallow the remainders of our pride and renounce one of the defining aspects of our political culture in return for some profit. Yeah, that's the way to go.

Besides, you cannot deny that the terrorists ARE hiding behind a misinterpretation of the Koran to justify their actions. If anyone is insulting the Islam, it's the pseudo-devout extremists.

What are they doing that is against the Quran?

on the cartoon front, is it just me or is the world missing the wider point and meaning of the cartoons?

Perhaps i'm too hopeful to think that the cartoonists and editors at Jylands's Posten had no intention to insult anyone, especially the islamic faith. Whilst the freedom of speech debate is overdone and argued to death, has no one spotted (or at least in my view) the subtle yet clever insult to the west?

no?

When i first saw the cartoons, i didnt see any problem with them. They were nothing worse than any other country has printed of other religions or done to any other religions. So what did i see? In my view, the cartoons depict the west's stereotypical viewpoint of the islamic faith, what many of us subconciously believe to be true - it depicts what alot of us may think every now and then, be it seriously or as a passing joke - 'Look, there goes another suicide bomber' - but havnt dared to utter or talk about since 9/11.

the guy with the turban and bomb - to me shouts out, or at least in britain, how many people now see those of asian backgrounds, long beards and turbans. Many won't admit it, but I'd be very assured that the thought had crossed their minds at least once since 9/11 and 7/7.

Perhaps im too liberal, perhaps im too hopeful or deluded - but i see the cartoons as a mockery of the west, not the islamic faith. Obviously its not been taken as such and ignorance on both sides has taken control.

Tell me though, seeing as these countries are burning my embassies and my flag, would that give me the right to burn their embassies or flags? No, but in this mockery of political correctness in the UK - a guy can dress up as a suicide bomber, and kids chant 'death to infidels' 'kill the danish' etc, yet i'd be arrested for public disorder if i were to launch an anti protest.

It's ironic, that in protesting over something that's offended them so much, that they've offended the danish nation and europe twice over. Perhaps reason is beyond them, or logical thought. When will they realise that Denmark had no control over what JP prints. Freedom of speech or not, they broke no law in denmark or europe. If anything, they should be bruning copies of JP, not my nations flag.

confused_o.gif

(These are of course entirely my own opinions of the situation and how i've perceived them. If i've apparently missed the bigger picture, then ignore me completely - i'm going to be biased on my views due to my nationaility, but i hope my liberal mentality could offer some credible argument?)

JP seems to care more about christians than about muslims though. At least a norwegian newspaper reported that JP refused to print same kind of cartoons of Jesus, because they were afraid that would upset christians. Also, a guy I know may be charged cause of blasphemy cause they made a poster with Jesus birth or something. And IMO, the poster is far less insulting than the muhammed-cartoons. It's just a bit ironic that everybody says that christians wouldn't be offended if someone made similar cartoons of Jesus, but JP don't dare to print similar cartoons, and the norwegian police are gonna charge ppl for making a poster with a very small insult to christians.

The problem with the Quran is that there are so many contradictory statements. So basically everyone from peace-loving hippies to terrorists will try to hide behind it. And the Bible is not really any better.

I don't see the problem with the cartoons, as they're caricatures, and are not meant to be taken literally, as it seems a lot of muslims and Europeans think. Considering they were printed in September, I find it a bit silly to make a fuss about it now. Of course they were obviously offending to a lot of muslims, but they should understand that it was not the intent, and they can't really do anything about it. We have free press here in Europe, so they just have to respect that.

That being said, religious people should be the last group to complain of lack of respect, as their “holy†books contain a lot of stuff that offends various groups, like homosexuals and women. Really, you've got to clean up your own mess before you start complaining about other things.

The problem with the Quran is that there are so many contradictory statements. So basically everyone from peace-loving hippies to terrorists will try to hide behind it.

Can you give an example, please? In particular, one that relates to the issue at hand?

Quote[/b] ]And the Bible is not really any better.

Again, an example would help to understand what you are referring to.

The problem with the Quran is that there are so many contradictory statements. So basically everyone from peace-loving hippies to terrorists will try to hide behind it.

Can you give an example, please? In particular, one that relates to the issue at hand?

Nope, can't give you an example from the Quran regarding this, as I believe the part referring to no pictures of Muhammed is in the Hadith. But a quick search on google turned up this.

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]And the Bible is not really any better.

Again, an example would help to understand what you are referring to.

Check out this quote. I'm sure there are similar ones for the Quran, and this is what really makes the problem. Peace-loving hippies will claim peace is the message, and the terrorists war against the infidels.

It would have been so much easier if people could just abandon religion and start using common sense.

JP seems to care more about christians than about muslims though. At least a norwegian newspaper reported that JP refused to print same kind of cartoons of Jesus, because they were afraid that would upset christians. Also, a guy I know may be charged cause of blasphemy cause they made a poster with Jesus birth or something. And IMO, the poster is far less insulting than the muhammed-cartoons. It's just a bit ironic that everybody says that christians wouldn't be offended if someone made similar cartoons of Jesus, but JP don't dare to print similar cartoons, and the norwegian police are gonna charge ppl for making a poster with a very small insult to christians.

First off all why can't the paper refuse to print something? Same with politics...you have one newspaper favouring that party and the next writes more or less affectioned to the other party. Nothing new...as well as there are some newspapers (wrote about it in my last post) that rather favour nonsens extremists gob of all day confused_o.gif

So basicly there is no problem at all printing what they want to...if they want to start printing the pope with a bomb on his head, a m16 in one hand and a can of coke in the other...fair well (exept form the coke maybe...due to copyright)...if they refuse to it's their decession.

I can't really belive that norway is that different from the other nordic states. If your friend is charged for drawing a poster, i would be mostly suprised. I remeber some kids (all black dressed and looked a bit like the leadsinger of the band "the cure"...we call them "grufty") burning a cross and singing "god is dead...we hate god" on a playground near oslo. Was around 1998 while i was on holiday there....so i don't believe that norway is that religious huh.gif

Please tell me why the protests started now and not during ramadan?!? The cartoons have been postet before and aren't new to the muslim comunity...with exeption of the 3 the imams from denmark added on thier trip to create some anger. In reality these people should be taken to jail for causing the riots.

They created all this on purpuse. They spread false stories, added pics with a totaly different meaning, agitated the muslim masses and are responsible for the violance. There has been no reaction what so ever as the cartoons where printed in Cairo...so they can't be offencive. The truth is rather that some storytelling idiots constructed it all. THAT however is far away from expressing an opinion..it's incitement of the people.

Turn it like you wish...but in any case i can't see any fault by the newspaper. If the cartoons realy where that offensive there would have been reaction before. And even if they are that offensive (can't be possible...as explained before) they are still an expression of pressfreedom and freedom of speech.

IMO there is no other way of putting it...but here again we all are free to have our own opinion (which would be different if we would let some people make the laws wink_o.gif )

Quote[/b] ]It would have been so much easier if people could just abandon religion and start using common sense.

thumbs-up.gif

exactly!

I rest my case.

As a resident in Denmark - I know about this case.

It is true that the jesus drawings were rejected. It is false, that they were rejected because of they might upset somebody though.

They were simply rejected because they lacked quality. JP gets around 300 drawings per day... And they had to deny the publishing of the drawings like theyy do with many others.

Sadly just for us "Krauts", "Fritzes", "Jerries"...or whatever, but I'll post them anyway.

Just found an interesting "FAQ" in the german "Financial Times"

-> http://www.ftd.de/pw/in/45971.html

This german articel is very nice to...

-> http://www.taz.de/pt/2006/02/06/a0132.1/textdruck

A female tv-jornalist takes her "insults" made by extremists and goes sarcastic rofl.gif

Quote[/b] ]Eiferer nageln den Schleier an die Gesichter meiner Schwestern in Afghanistan und Pakistan fest und hängen fleißig Frauen, Homosexuelle, Ehebrecher und Ungläubige.

Aber Menschen-, Frauen-, Freiheitsrechte sind für mich das Erhabenste der Menschheitsgeschichte, so ist nun mal die Tradition, in der ich groß geworden bin. Werte, die die Welt besser und friedlicher machen.

Ich verlange also, dass sich die Regierungen von Saudi-Arabien, Palästina, Indonesien und Ägypten bei mir entschuldigen. Andernfalls muss ich ihre Bürger leider bedrohen, zusammenschlagen, entführen oder enthaupten. Denn ich bin empfindlich, wenn es um meine kulturelle Identität geht.

Zur Erinnerung. Die Erde ist keine Scheibe mehr. Selbstverständlich können Individuen einer säkularen Demokratie Autoritäten karikieren und verspotten, auch religiöse. Sie sollen sich auf Kritik einstellen, aber nicht auf Bestrafung.

sorry no translations ...couldn't find any and i had a long, hard day confused_o.gif (try googel, or maybe s.o. cares to translate it...i think the articel hits the bullseye)

EDIT:

Quote[/b] ]Zealots nail the veil down to the faces of my sisters in Afghanistan and Pakistan and hang industriously women, homosexuals, marriage crushers and disbelieving ones. But humans -, women -, liberty rights are the raised of mankind history for me, then is now times the tradition, in which I became large. Values, which make the world better and more peaceful. I require thus that the governments of Saudi Arabia, Palestine, Indonesia and Egypt apologize with me. Otherwise I must unfortunately threaten, together-strike, kidnap or behead their citizens. Because I am sensitive, if it concerns my cultural identity.

To the memory. The earth is no more disk. Of course individuals of a saekularen democracy authorities can draw and, also religious scoffed. They are to adjust themselves to criticism, but not to punishment.

done by google icon_rolleyes.gif leaving you alone to correct it ...only a small part of the article.

First off all why can't the paper refuse to print something? Same with politics...you have one newspaper favouring that party and the next writes more or less affectioned to the other party. Nothing new...as well as there are some newspapers (wrote about it in my last post) that rather favour nonsens extremists gob of all day  confused_o.gif

So basicly there is no problem at all printing what they want to...if they want to start printing the pope with a bomb on his head, a m16 in one hand and a can of coke in the other...fair well (exept form the coke maybe...due to copyright)...if they refuse to it's their decession.

I can't really belive that norway is that different from the other nordic states. If your friend is charged for drawing a poster, i would be mostly suprised. I remeber some kids (all black dressed and looked a bit like the leadsinger of the band "the cure"...we call them "grufty") burning a cross and singing "god is dead...we hate god" on a playground near oslo. Was around 1998 while i was on holiday there....so i don't believe that norway is that religious huh.gif

Please tell me why the protests started now and not during ramadan?!? The cartoons have been postet before and aren't new to the muslim comunity...with exeption of the 3 the imams from denmark added on thier trip to create some anger. In reality these people should be taken to jail for causing the riots.

They created all this on purpuse. They spread false stories, added pics with a totaly different meaning, agitated the muslim masses and are responsible for the violance. There has been no reaction what so ever as the cartoons where printed in Cairo...so they can't be offencive. The truth is rather that some storytelling idiots constructed it all. THAT however is far away from expressing an opinion..it's incitement of the people.

Turn it like you wish...but in any case i can't see any fault by the newspaper. If the cartoons realy where that offensive there would have been reaction before. And even if they are that offensive (can't be possible...as explained before) they are still an expression of pressfreedom and freedom of speech.

IMO there is no other way of putting it...but here again we all are free to have our own opinion (which would be different if we would let some people make the laws  wink_o.gif  )

Quote[/b] ]It would have been so much easier if people could just abandon religion and start using common sense.

thumbs-up.gif

1st: The problem is not that they choose to print something, and chooses to not print something else. It's their argument for not printing the Jesus cartoons that's the problem. When they refuse to print them because of the reactions, they shouldn't have printed the muhammed-cartoons cause of the same reason. But that's just my opinion.

2nd: A recent study showed that Norway is the least religious country in western-europe. Problem with that is that Norway is still a christian state. We got a state churce, where 85% is registered (I am not though nener.gif ). So, Norway isn't very religious, but the numbers says something else (just because of lazy ppl that doesn't give a shit and doesn't bother to get out of the state church. And because if they try, the church messes up the papers and they still don't get out (yes, that do happen crazy_o.gif )). Though, my friend have only been threatened by the police, and I will too be very suprised if they do charge him and the others that made the poster. Then I will be very embarrased with the norwegian law sad_o.gif

3rd: I just read that the reactions may have been this late cause the muslims had this meeting in Mekka (dunno if it's called that in English...you know, the religious city) where they discussed the cartoons. I didn't read when that meeting was, but I guess it must have been recently. If not, the muslims have really shit their pants with this protest. Just silly protesting this late anyway though whistle.gif

And at last...everybody that feels like having a religion should convert to Buddism or Hinduism. You have to dig deep to find any conflicts that's based on those 2 religions...I think... tounge2.gif

And they don't got as many flaws as the others do.

Quote[/b] ]1st: The problem is not that they choose to print something, and chooses to not print something else. It's their argument for not printing the Jesus cartoons that's the problem. When they refuse to print them because of the reactions, they shouldn't have printed the muhammed-cartoons cause of the same reason. But that's just my opinion.

Do you know the argument?

The argument for not printing them was simply.... The quality wasnt good enough.

If you are looking for an anti-christian newspaper here in Denmark - JP is probably the one.

As a resident in Denmark - I know about this case.

It is true that the jesus drawings were rejected. It is false, that they were rejected because of they might upset somebody though.

They were simply rejected because they lacked quality. JP gets around 300 drawings per day... And they had to deny the publishing of the drawings like theyy do with many others.

JP who originally printed the provoking and controvercial pictures,refused earlier to print these:

jesus1fs.th.jpg

Blue: Resurection.

Red: Sideways resurection.

Yellow: Resurection with a full turn

White: Saviour cam.

Black: Resurection in darkness above water.

Accordingly to the artist this is the reply he received from JP's sunday editor at the time, Jens Kaiser:

mails7xl.th.jpg

Quote[/b] ]Dear Jens Kaiser,

Thank you for looking at my drawnings. Prehaps it would amuse the readers seeing it in one of the Easter editions.

The format can be edited if it doesn't fit the paper in it's current form.

Because I'm leaving for Slovenia friday morning I'd like to ask for a reply today or thursday.

Regards

Christoffer Zieler

Quote[/b] ]Dear Christoffer Zieler,

Thanks for the offer. I disagree with you. I don't think the reader will find it amusing. Actually I believe it will cause an outcry. Which is why I wont make use of it.

Regards

Jens Kaiser

Quote[/b] ]1st: The problem is not that they choose to print something, and chooses to not print something else. It's their argument for not printing the Jesus cartoons that's the problem. When they refuse to print them because of the reactions, they shouldn't have printed the muhammed-cartoons cause of the same reason. But that's just my opinion.

The  argument for not printing them was simply.... The quality wasnt good enough.

If you are looking for an anti-christian newspaper here in Denmark - JP is probably the one.

Yea, I saw your previous post, but I was too lazy to change my own icon_rolleyes.gif

Though, the guy that made the Jesus cartoons said they were rejected cause JP was afraid of the reactions...and now Dallas posted what might seem like proof that they rejected them cause of that.

biggrin_o.gif ...just stept over this one

-> http://bigpharaoh.blogspot.com/2006....ad.html

BEWARE: This joke contains the words "allah" and "muslim" and might insult sensitive extremists in their monochromatic view of the world. Every ultra conservativ religious slaughterer or suicide bomber "to be" should consult his doctor before reading this.

My pers. favorite are no 2 and no 10 smile_o.gif

Sadly not realy a joke...

But here's a last one for you:

Imagine we cut down the freedom of speech and press freedom... do you think it would help the muslims living here???

It would ban a very popular newspaper (foreign) read a lot by the people in my neighbourhood strait away. whistle.gif

I must say i like eisa01's post more and more....let's just dump religion and stick to human rights wink_o.gif

The argument for not printing them was simply.... The quality wasnt good enough.

Yea, I saw your previous post, but I was too lazy to change my own icon_rolleyes.gif

Though, the guy that made the Jesus cartoons said they were rejected cause JP was afraid of the reactions...and now Dallas posted what might seem like proof that they rejected them cause of that.

Well... I havent heard that response before. And honestly I dont know what to belief. I cant open up the pic with the response because of a timeout :/ ?

Can you guys see it?

It might just be a problem with imagehack.

biggrin_o.gif ...just stept over this one

-> http://bigpharaoh.blogspot.com/2006....ad.html

BEWARE: This joke contains the words "allah" and "muslim" and might insult sensitive extremists in their monochromatic view of the world. Every ultra conservativ religious slaughterer or suicide bomber "to be" should consult his doctor before reading this.

My pers. favorite are no 2 and no 10 smile_o.gif

Sadly not realy a joke...

But here's a last one for you:

Imagine we cut down the freedom of speech and press freedom... do you think it would help the muslims living here???

It would ban a very popular newspaper (foreign) read a lot by the people in my neighbourhood strait away. whistle.gif

I must say i like eisa01's post more and more....let's just dump religion and stick to human rights wink_o.gif

Disclaimer: The following comments are on behalf of the author, and is not the common oppinion of Denmark, Europe the Western world or the moon. If you fail to understand this, please stop reading this, and begin burn my flag. (Burning virtual flags is alot cheaper, gives no pollution and you bring the same oppinion to us. This also makes it easier for us to ignore you.

-----

OMG, that is so funny, lol!