Sign in to follow this  
Deepsmeg

British Isles

Is there an island out there in OFP land of the British Isles?

Could someone hack one together with the major towns and cities on?

They'd have to get headbutt and kicking animations to go with the ones for drinking.   biggrin_o.gif

Hmm, the Troublemakers addon would be close, just need to 'Brit' it up a bit, different vests, patches and logos.

Would be great tied to some RAF defensive missions.  I believe we already have a V2 and a Buzz-bomb addon in here somewhere.

Deepsmeg is asking a question... No need to take the piss...

Now let me see. a German map and an American map.. Let's see what witty remarks I can come up with...

Lets just make a map for the whole world and then watch our cpu's fry when we try to load it... smile_o.gif Just kidding

Sorry but you can't make  an island that big and run it on the OFP engine. Wait for OFP2...

If you can't wait you can:

A. Make the whole Uk to scale but divide it up among 1000's of islands in OFP

B.Make a scaled down version of the Uk where london is the size of as house or so

C.Make the part of the Uk which you want to use most and build to scale or half scale

Or as a good one, you could always make one of the islands of the coast of Britian, that would be useful for both WWII missions and also modern day ones too.

May I suggest:

Isle Of Wight, or the Isle of Skye or even the Isle of Man.

Tell you what, you could always make Jersey, that would be quite interesting in WWII missions (It got invaded and is just of the coast of Britian)

Btw, I think someone was making a UK map somewhere, cant remember though.

May I suggest:

Isle Of Wight

Would need some inbred hicks to go with it...

*shakes fist across the solent*

Theres a thread knocking around to do with Devon I think, I'll do a quick search

North Devon Terrain

@ Mar. 16 2005,01:05)]Deepsmeg is asking a question... No need to take the piss...

actually I reckon most of us were being sincere, I know I was.

We definitely need a POS vauxhall nova covered with tacky scoops and a horrible body kit badly sprayed in the most tasteless way possible, and some burberry sporting fella with a peaked cap and his trousers in his socks

I made a scaled down version of Wight one time. Still have it around somewhere but it isnt very good.

Quote[/b] ]

actually I reckon most of us were being sincere, I know I was.

We definitely need a POS vauxhall nova covered with tacky scoops and a horrible body kit badly sprayed in the most tasteless way possible, and some burberry sporting fella with a peaked cap and his trousers in his socks

trackies m8 lol chavs! i had an idea an made a pack of neds a while bk when i was one myself lol! its sumwhere oan ma harddrive cant say a ever went as far as owning neythin burbery tho crazy_o.gif

Tell you what, you could always make Jersey, that would be quite interesting in WWII missions (It got invaded and is just of the coast of Britian)

Jersey is actually closer to France than to mainland Britain.

As for British islands in the making, there's Cbfasi's North Devon island as has been mentioned and I think the Northern Ireland mod are making an island based on a section of Northern Ireland.

And it's also about a terrain not chav boys.... biggrin_o.gif

trackies m8 lol chavs! i had an idea an made a pack of neds  a while bk  when i was  one myself  lol! its sumwhere oan ma harddrive cant say a ever went as far as owning neythin burbery tho crazy_o.gif

Excellent , ever think of releasing them? biggrin_o.gif

@ [ash] , aye the main thing is the terrain but it would be fun to make a good cops vs racers mp mission on the streets

biggrin_o.gif

I'd like someone to make a Scottish highland or Moorland so we could muck about with Yellow Seakings and Training.

And farmers in land rover defenders with shotguns

If yer gonna do any highland terrain it would be best to have some heather etc. I would quite like to make a very detailed highland area but dont have the time atm.

I was thinking about how cool CTI would be within the UK.

Killing chavs is also good.

And the good ol' Isle of Widget might be a good starting point.

"Ryde has fallen to the resistance!"

"You have received Å150 for the capture of Newport"

"East has taken Ventnor!"

If only I was good at graphic type stuff and using WRP tool/edit.

As for British islands in the making, there's Cbfasi's North Devon island as has been mentioned and I think the Northern Ireland mod are making an island based on a section of Northern Ireland.

Aye, the NI mod are working on a few Islands, that are suprisingly enough based on Northern Ireland, so wait out to see them smile_o.gif

Aye, the NI mod are working on a few Irelands, that are suprisingly enough based on Northern Ireland, so wait out to see them smile_o.gif

How many Irelands are you making?? tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

lol, thats a good question tounge_o.gif

We are making One Offical Northen Ireland and a few other islands to simulate variuos parts of NI (due to lag issues ect)..

Smiley

Well I thought there were only 2 Irelands... Northern and Republic of tounge_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

Unless you have lots of Guinness.

Then you have 2 of each, both of which sway around a lot.