Sign in to follow this  
Desiato

M557 or M1068

Finally real addon talking thanks.

What the hell is that supposed to mean?  Incase you haven't noticed, nearly everyone who has replied to your topic is an addonmaker.  Agent_Smith has made many objects (search for AGS packs), Jaguar made tons of shit for DKM...and you have made what?  Nothing?  Perhaps you should improve all this stuff you say sucks if your so cocky about it.

EDIT: Typo wink_o.gif....and explicit language removed... tounge_o.gif

Topic messages about 50% real addon idea talking and next 50% ...

More this kind topics talking and hey look: no more new addon makers, great combination.

Idea topic? pff.... Here we go again... read my all messages and read again, and think... Right place for ideas and questions or not?

Is it just me that's having a hard time understanding a single point he's trying to make?

Perhaps that's deliberate rock.gif

I think I misunderstood what was being said with my post (lucky I didn't get angry about it biggrin_o.gif ) but it still looks to me like he's annoyed that this is a discussion forum and yet we're not allowing people to come here and shit all over other peoples' work just becuase it is not "perfect". To be honest I think that's a good sign. wink_o.gif

To Desiato (or however it is spelt): If you feel you can do better than Combat! then go ahead, try. Make your own M557. But why do you have to have a go at them before you do it?

Hoahman: It's not loads of shit tounge_o.gif The ADATS is like my first vehcle addon. crazy_o.gif (The NAFP stuff etc all came after, just haven't got it finished enough to take screens.)

Really hard to understand or what?

I found few good anwers thanks. Rest of answers, just better leave alone.

Yes i make stupid questions:

My first topic message, (missing details) that is clear now.

Complete wrong topic for me.

Keep same topic line and wait: no new addon makers with stupid questions.

This is the right forum for addons discussion. But you're just taking a piss at Combat! and the way you put it is lame.

The tone of your posts display a great deal of arrogance.

This forum is for discussion yes, and to discussion there are some gentlemen's agreements. Approach addon makers with and their work with the appropriate respect, for they have put many hours of work in their addons, not just for themselves, but for the community too. RESPECT! blues.gif

(if you're still wondering why you are being "misunderstood, you're a complete arse)

Only one simple question and wrong place and look what happen. Right way to handle questions?

What several of you have completely ignored is that the english language is obviously not his strongest subject... (Tomislav and other logical thinkers exempt)

At no point has Desiato mentioned that anything is "shit" or "worth shit" ...he merely pointed out some things he would like to see added or altered .

If you cant understand something then thing to do is clarify , not just to start ranting .

I think that Desiato is trying to make valid points just that the silly English language is failing him a little, give the guy a chance, a break, the benefit of the doubt and assume he intentions are good and honourable, it doesn't hurt too much does it? If not perhaps best to not reply to him smile_o.gif

Hoahman: It's not loads of shit  tounge_o.gif  The ADATS is like my first  vehcle addon.  crazy_o.gif  (The NAFP stuff etc all came after, just haven't got it finished enough to take screens.)

I meant you've made a lot of stuff...which is all high-quality work. I didn't mean DKM stuff was terrible tounge_o.gif.

Well said Placebo. I read the first post about 5 times and it was still really bloody ambiguous.

Ok - Let's say you want to see more control panels in aircraft such as a B52 - 99% of the controls cannot be actually used as it would be pointless, for example - all those gauges on the B52 screenshot are showing RPM, engine temperatures, gas pressures, oil pressures blah blah blah. OFP addon makers just wouldn't have the ability let alone motivation to implement that crap which is useless anyhow.

As for the command vehicle showing info on the units and damage etc to allow large scale missions with focal command and the ability to coordinate forces .... very nice idea *but* you are looking in the wrong place. Addons are 90% asthetic, they are about looking good with models and textures, the CBT team isn't going to add a complex addon integrated command system because:

1) It's bloody difficult (Took CoC several months to get CE2 working, and over 2 years to get CE3 going, and that's still pending)

2) Only 2% of the people would who download the addon would use it, most OFP players seem to just download an addon, stick it on a pretty island against some shiny russians and take pictures, they have fun doing that for 20 minutes then they delete the addon and find another one.

Now, I like your ideas however as I said you are looking in the wrong place. Conventional addons can only provide asthetics and basic functions, however if you want a command engine you have to use a script system. It is far more flexible.

For B-52 planes little better aiming systems perhaps? Not this kind complex stuff:

http://www.ofpec.com/addons/addon_detail.php?ID=431

B-52 Fixed flight system?

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....;hl=b52

I dont know perhaps just only good example scripts and pretty interface pictures without use. Ready systems and still collecting dust. Why make this kind scripts and interface stuff who knows...

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=45273

he is now talking about aiming...

ok little change, are there any systems like they used in the first gulf war to laser a target for LGB strike...?

And or would it be possible to get a LGB/JDAM targetting screen on it? You know you fly over the target, the screen turns arround... you just flown over the target and BANG!

Because we do have lots of guided LGB's but no decent screen to scan for a target and lock... I remember some aircraft simulator having this function very cool to watch the screen and see how the bombs impact...

and the B52 I would rather have the carpet bombing ability and also hang some COC cruisemissiles under that thing... We need to upgrade our military gentlemen or we will loose the war! crazy_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Hoahman: It's not loads of shit tounge_o.gif The ADATS is like my first vehcle addon. crazy_o.gif (The NAFP stuff etc all came after, just haven't got it finished enough to take screens.)

I meant you've made a lot of stuff...which is all high-quality work. I didn't mean DKM stuff was terrible tounge_o.gif.

I know, I didn't mean I thought you said the DKM stuff was shit.. I meant I haven't made loads of stuff for DKM: just the ADATS crazy_o.gif

Off topic:

Desiato,

Since english is not your native language, I suggest that you do not post:

1) SARCASM - I don't think anyone can distinguish between when you are making points and when you are being sarcastic.

2) Incomplete sentences, or partial thoughts - (I'm not talking about using perfect grammar, but make your sentences more clear and to the point).

3) Derogatory comments about other people's hard work.

4) and lastly as best as possible, please stay on topic and do not encourage negative responses by making personal attacks.

On topic:

Do you have specific functions that you want performed by specific equipment in vehicles? From reading this post and the others that you have made throughout the forums, I gather that you want:

1) In-vehicle realtime, interactive map

2) and IVIS system.

Regarding 1 - If you need a map.... press M. Why does it need to be in the vehicle from a commanders prospective? The only benefit of having it in game that I can forsee is that you might be able to look at the map and another display at the same time. Not very important in my opinion because you can him m and there is no delay between switiching screens.

Let us know what else it is you are trying to accomplish.

So you want a nearly perfect addon in combination with nearly perfect scripts rock.gif

OK, me as scripter and mission maker (especially multiplayer) and addon maker (still far from top) can tell you: that this is almost impossible.

I tell you what;

Making only textures is a whole science at all - but we would

need not only textures here - we would need good textures.

Creating models is off course some kind of practice with o2 +

some 3D thinking + still required: talent.

Making the right scripts (and for sure multiplayer compatible, as this should be a must for addons - if everything goes right)

is a long way to go, as you really need to go deep into programming language (atleast basics) here.

Furthermore - command engines or multi group controll's or -

like mine was called: MOTAG (MOre Than A Group) systems

don't really get enough benefit from the comunity, that an addon-maker, who is good in texturing, will find be important to implement.

As somebody already pointed out before (soz - don't remember name now): everything you want, can be done

by mission makers - no need to release perfect-only addons,

as you can always add some custom actions in-mission onto

a vehicle, where it would start whatever script- command-engine- dialogue- or whateva.

-

About rudeapproach or notsogoodinenglishlanguage - i can only say: if i read your posts, i can see a lot of potential in

english, that you could find some more nice way of approach -

even if you maybe have no clue of english anywayz - some

of the words being use make me feel that you know lots of

vocabular enough, to come up with some more respect here.

To point with finger on something special, and say that this

is a very good example for waste of time has nothing to do

with not understanding or speaking or writing a language - this

is absolutely intolerable.

Your research of examples and pictures of them let me also feel, that you can do better in language - if you only want to wink_o.gif

have a nice thread

~S~ CD

need a map.... press M. Why does it need to be in the vehicle from a commanders prospective? The only benefit of having it in game that I can forsee is that you might be able to look at the map and another display at the same time. Not very important in my opinion because you can him m and there is no delay between switiching screens.

its important when extended map info is DISABLED for realism. you wouldnt be able to see yourself in a map in real life...

i usually prefer it in aircraft when pressing M can have you flying into the ground...