Sign in to follow this  
Desiato

M557 or M1068

M557 armored command post (not beta).

Why make addon vehicles without right equipments and controls? Filesize Over 7mb just another empty M113 more?

Good example from: http://www.combataddons.com

M557final2.jpg

Only map view screen, why?

More good examples, with missing controls:

B-52 stratofortress, yes i know just beta addon. Not bad idea and filesize only 680kb.

zab52final.jpg

But we need more, weapon control panels for weapon officer?

Download :B-52 addon

Read more: http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse....d=16844

I need comments, pictures, tips, scripts and example addon files.

M557 addon remake or just new M1068 vehicle? (another command post vehicle model), both models needs more interior equipments and controls.

This game really need finished addons with good controls. Fennek addon, Bundeswehr Mod. Best addon example what you can find. Good camera pan, zoom and UAV drone select controls. Download page: http://www.bistudio.com/flashnews/200205/flashnews_200205.html

fennek.jpg

M557 armored command post (not beta).

Why make addon vehicles without right equipments and controls?

Good example from: http://www.combataddons.com

img]http://www.netti.fi/~harriata/Operation_flashpoint/Camera_and_map_pictures/M557final2.jpg[/img]

Only map view screen, why?

More good examples, with missing controls:

B-52 stratofortress, yes i know just beta addon.

img]http://www.netti.fi/~harriata/Operation_flashpoint/Camera_and_map_pictures/zab52final.jpg[/img]

But we need more, weapon control panels for weapon officer?

Download :B-52 addon

Read more: http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse....d=16844

I need comments, pictures, tips, scripts and example addon files.

M557 addon remake or just new M1068 vehicle?  (another command post vehicle model), both models needs more interior equipments and controls.

This game really need finished addons with good controls. Fennek addon, Bundeswehr Mod. Best addon example what you can find. Good camera pan, zoom and UAV drone select controls. Download page: http://www.bistudio.com/flashnews/200205/flashnews_200205.html

[mg]http://www.netti.fi/~harriata/Operation_flashpoint/Camera_and_map_pictures/fennek.jpg[/img]

Well it is the choice of the developers, maybe you can give it a try on making the extra equipment and controls? smile_o.gif

Yeah and really bad choice if you look also filesizes. How about fairplay and tell: just early alpha version with pretty textures and almost everything missing.

Lots of tricky reverse engineering and not too many examples. Uhh... better start working again.

You know what? Go make some addons yourself and show you can do better than these before coming over here and saying somebody else's hard work is worth shit! mad_o.gif

If you haven't notice, OFP does NOT support all the advanced control panels very well and majority of more sophisticated display is almost impossible to make. It's really unfair to ask people to go waste more time working on features that will be hardly ever noticed and used. What purpose M577 could serve anyway, other than a target for a Spetznas team (exagerating a little bit wink_o.gif ). rock.gifcrazy_o.gif

Sorry, looked fennek addon? Simple extra controls with camera screen views not impossile. Usefull? this is just right place talking more. Making better addons? no just little better working addons perhaps. I dont try nothing complex messing and if i cant make better or finished stuff. I just add next markings to my files: alpha version.

Nobody actually uses those extra controls in ofp.Because noone needs them.Sure addonmakers could make them to make it look realistic.But for most of the time you won't notice them because you don't need them.

edit*i'm talking about myself wink_o.gif

Ehh... no need for realistic missions. Planes and vehicles without any kind equipments, sounds great. More small group missions more running. No big scale battles with usefull group or platoon handling? M557 just good example how you control units, realistic mission type really bad idea? Only information for controlling units: maps and ground vehicle or UAV camera views with (example: damage) information.

i don't care about special features (even tho its nice at times and makes it more fun), i just want to grab my rifle and shoot ruskies wink_o.gif

Only rifle without any nice toys wow. Good grunt, para troops rules yeah. But how long you run without any kind support?

Desiato, what the hell is your point with the last post.

And do you think with the way you start your topic anyone is gonna say : oh you're so right, we suck, all our hours of work put in and still we did a shitty job.

Combat! team has produced some of the finest addons mankind has ever seen. B!tching about a control panel in such a manner, is pointless and disrespectfull.

well done ranger mate  biggrin_o.gif, and yea what is wrong with cutting the hi-tech stuff and just getting stuck in  smile_o.gif

i would also like to point out that wizzywig intends to use that beta B-52 to as platform to launch tomahawk missiles tounge_o.gif , or thats what he had plans im not sure what hes doing at the moment smile_o.gif

@Desiato

Maybe this game is not the game for you!

Try something different (and better) if you can... tounge_o.gif

Please just test M557 and tell me. Why only map screen view?

Wrong topic for questions and wishes?

And yes perhaps wrong game for big missions. Good old stuff (M1 tank platoon 2) who really need better or even try something diffrent?

nothing wrong with it, just no need to be so rude about it....

also about ur last couple of posts to me, i'd rather have a M2 IFV giving me support than a M557 smile_o.gif, what would be the point? you would'nt see it for most of the mission, alot of these features can be scripted into the mission by the author wink_o.gif

Desiato:

How can you be so ignorant as to demand something from anyone, when you do not in any way contribute towards it?

Did you pay for your addon? No. Did you do any research for them to get it right? No. Did you in any way spend ANY of your time doing ANYTHING at all for these addons? No.

So why is it you feel you can complain?

Addon making is the only hobby where it's "correct" to tell someone their work is no good, and I don't see why that should continue.

Here we have a true example of what it used be like when addon teams were just getting good, now we're reverting back to it? It's happening more and more. Well that's just going to make the addon makers who haven't already left do so, then you'll be FUCKED. No addons, no fun, no community, nothing to complain about any more. i guess you'll have to find a real hobby. sad_o.gif

Oh and BTW: find me sites showing the inside of a M557 (or any other modern military vehicle larger than a UAZ, they're all pretty impossible to find decent pics of, unless you know someone who serves in one) in great detail, and I'll take back every word.

Also, I'm not trying to cover my own ass on this subject, the ADATS will feature as realistic an interior as I can make, but ONLY becuase I stumbled upon loads of pictures of the damn thing, and that's rare.

if you guys don't get back on topic and stop that childish discussions that thread will be closed I guess.

so let desatio work on the improvements he wants to make, and look at the result, if he is not able to do those i guess it'd be better to let the thread fade away

I kinda agree on what he is saying but I think the tone needs to change allot... I do support the idea that addons should be filled up even more with gadgets.. And well the CBT 577 is a bit empty, but I use the table in the tent behind it when im using the addon...

The idea of giving orders from your command vehicle is a good idea and then if you have lots of screens and gadgets in front of you it would be much sweeter..

But the addon works, is compatible and looks good enough... They have finished it and well they have done an excellent job. ATLEAST NOW WE HAVE A m577! wow_o.gif

Dude I agree on what your saying, but I would not have put it in those words... since they have worked on the addons and they are fully elite, they could be better but they arent shit because they arent up to your standard... blues.gif

Yes nice empty M557 addon, jup i am happy now.

Can i ask more or wrong topic?

Sorry, looked fennek addon? Simple extra controls with camera screen views not impossile. Usefull? this is just right place talking more. Making better addons? no just little better working addons perhaps. I dont try nothing complex messing and if i cant make better or finished stuff. I just add next markings to my files: alpha version.

You clearly display you know nothing about how addons are made. What you call "simple extra controls", is an effect of days or weeks of hard work.

In most cases addonmakers decide to drop such nice features, because they change little to how the given vehicle will be used.

Be grateful for what you get or go play another game!

Nobody here really cares about your 'alpha version' designations.

yes you're right, the tone is absolutly misplaced, but maybe english is not his native language (it is not mine i have to add) so that he doesn't mean it as he writes it.

and the Combat stuff in my opinion is really well done, but if he can get more out of the addon, then let him do it and look at the result

Yeah right who really need readme files and my comments, there is only finished and polished addon files, great what a happy day.

I dont try teach nothing, just many stupid questions for smarter addon makers.

I dont know nothing but i try learn more, just stupid habit or what?

Ok right topic for questions and wishes? just tell and its ower.

There is ready scripts and systems but without use why?

Wrong place for asking how to use scrips and ready systems for updating?

Really wrong place to ask little updates?

High realistic interiors and equipments no thanks, only simple working stuff please.

Alpha, beta what ever... finished or not... who really cares...

Complete wrogn place for tire kicking?

Regarding the M577, I feel that the COMBAT! team has done an excellent job with their addon. It serves the purpose that most mission makers need, and has a good interior for general purpose use.

The M577 is used in a variety of roles, and having been in one myself during military service, I can tell you that the actual vehicle doesn't have a whole lot of stuff that has need for use in OFP. The radio communications equipment and remote surveillance monitors can all be replicated through the use of scripts and dialog boxes, including remote unit or camera monitoring. There is little or no need to add these features to the addon itself as not many will find use for it, and those that do need it can make the scripts themselves with a little effort. Everything that you are asking about in regards to improved controls can be made through dialog consoles and scripts, which many addon and mission makers have done with average effort and skill. This also leaves the option for the mission maker to configure his/her controls based on their needs. I don't see the point in adding a whole array of extra stuff to an addon that is already just fine as it is, because this would serve only a small portion of the users and would require much more time and effort before the addon can be released.

If you are curious about what the real interior looks like, just take a look at this picture taken from one of our M577's on Fort Sill. This photo has been reduced from 1728x1152 due to my image hosting site's limits, so if you want the full-sized pic just let me know. But as you can see even from this poor angle that there's not a whole lot of extra stuff that is needed, mostly it's a ton of communications equipment inside. There are a few computer systems but those could be made with the dialogs as mentioned above, no need at all for them to be hardcoded into the addon itself.

And remember that this is OFP, not VBS1. Addons made for the gaming community do not need all the extra features as would be needed for a military-contracted addon. And if an OFP mission maker feels he needs the vehicle to include an extra control system, map screen, computer console, etc. then they can make it themselves. I think that for your concerns, you should be contacting scripters or posting your requests for this type of thing in a different area. If you have an idea for improving a "beta" addon, then post it within that addon's own thread or send a suggestion email to the authors. And if you do have ideas on improvements, it's best to show examples of what you would like, give a summary of how it will be used, and make an effort to explain the suggestion in a way that appeals to the addon maker and community as something that would seriously improve the addon's overall outlook.

I hope this has been understandable, as I have been busy working many hours and my comments might not be as clear as they should. I agree that some of the addons could do a better job of improving the overall realism and detail that goes into their products, and if I see a project underway that I can help with, I provide technical reference materials to assist when possible. I have done this with COMBAT!, DKM, and CoC. Although I'm not sure myself how much use my materials proved to be, I am always happy with their results regardless. So again, it's best to provide examples and reference materials for what you desire. I don't "request" improvements or features that I can't help by providing some kind of reference photos or details on.

Well, fact is, Pablo had no clear shot of the interior and it was his first addon ever.  So we just decided to do something simple. That way if we ever got good reference pics, we could redo it easily.

There isn't a lot inside of the M557, its often an overgorifoed office on tracks, with a briefing room and radio array, ther eis commonly more stuff in the Stryker and M1A1 than in the M557 which isn't really used all in that great of an amount due to it being based on the M113 chassis. What is in the M557 is dependent on what unit is usuaing and what their degsingation is. Uisualy a raid of radios, a table which folds down on one sid eof the vehicle place where laptops are setup as its becomes a mobile commmand center with the M2A3 and Stryker doubt the M557 is really seeing much use other than in the HHC HQ postions.

Finally real addon idea talking (2 last messages) thanks.

And now last part of messages...

Topic name: Addons & mods discussion.

And what i found: Just one wrong question (what missing) and what a mess. Dont make update requests, comments and stupid questions what a great topic thanks.

After many games and forums i found this kind stuff, great thanks again.

Topic for tire kicking perhaps not, just bad place for ideas who knows...