Sign in to follow this  
philcommando

real moon or deathstar?

A real moon or a death star? wow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gif

deathstarcomp27yi.jpg

denkthewallwide0ds.jpg

* images are not doctored in anyway...original as per from NASA, except the starwars death star pic, taken from a movie promotion site.

Oh ****!! crazy_o.gif

So G. Lucas is a Prophet after all... wink_o.gif

How can somebody be a prophet if something happened "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away." wink_o.gif

but if you wanna read a scientific researched article on it, here it is:-

Scientific approach to off world anamolies

That is not a "scientific researched article", it is a pile of stinking manure.

It's from the same guy with the "Face on Mars" theory and the "NASA Nuked Jupiter" theory. It's all pure rubbish, the guy is a crackpot.

References about him:

http://www.badastronomy.com/bad/misc/hoagland/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Hoagland

lol!....denoir, you are beginning to sound like the folks who ridiculed Galileo when he said and proved mathematically to anyone who will listen that the earth IS round. Need some ropes to hang this 'crackpot' as u call it as well?

Even discounting his scientific approached based on scientific data and taking your freely assumed notions of his work...would u dare to make an intelligent hypothesis on what we are seeing on Saturn's moon? Afterall...seeing is believing..... tounge_o.gif

Here is another original undoctored pic released by NASA to international news agencies around the world.

pia061664wv.jpg

lol!....denoir, you are beginning to sound like the folks who ridiculed Galileo when he said and proved mathematically to anyone who will listen that the earth IS round. Need some ropes to hang this 'crackpot' as u call it as well?

LOL. Crackpot scoring table: http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/crackpot.html

Quote[/b] ]40 points for comparing yourself to Galileo, suggesting that a modern-day Inquisition is hard at work on your case, and so on.
Quote[/b] ]Even discounting his scientific approached based on scientific data and taking your freely assumed notions of his work...would u dare to make an intelligent hypothesis on what we are seeing on Saturn's moon? Afterall...seeing is believing..... tounge_o.gif

It's not based on scientific data and he is not using scientific methodology. He is using in a very typical fashion astronomical technobabble in combination with misleading pictures, counting that the people that read it don't know anything about astronomy. This works very well, because people that read that kind of crap usually don't understand most of it anyway. It just looks researched and scientific. And this usually lasts until some astronomer gets fed up by people asking questions about the nonsense, and then debunks the rubbish, showing that it's just pure nonsense.

I suggest you look at the debunking of Hoagland's earlier idiotic claims. There's lots of it.

Damn! Now does this mean we have to contend that Luke Skywalker was from earth and Chewbacca is really an abominable snowman or a yeti? biggrin_o.gif

Chewbacca is really an abominable snowman or a yeti?  biggrin_o.gif

I have a friend with a mother-in-law named Yeti that she says fits the part.

Denoir, haha...i wont go into character assasinations with yer, plenty of that kinda crap being thrown around on both sides when all they got is telemetry and radio transmissions to figure out anomolies.

The reason for my post is not on who is right and who is wrong. My post is - WHAT THE HELL AM I SEEING??  wow_o.gif

I make maps in ofp with wrp editor and am guilty of making straight line geological features, but please please dont tell me Mother Nature does that too!!! AN EQUATORIAL WALL MATHEMATICALLY PRECISE AROUND THE MOON?? ?? ?? ?? ??

This aint the rings of saturn...on close up u will see that those rings are not one feature but made of several ice and chemical rocks orbiting around a planet....BUT THIS WALL?! wow_o.gif

Edit:- tks, avon, u bring some sanity with those fruits, although those lines are not as straight as the moon but sanity evaporated once i realized those species of fruits all have the same lines...but i sure as hell didnt see any 20km high eqatorial wall around in any other moons in our solar system! wow_o.gif

Chewbacca is really an abominable snowman or a yeti?  biggrin_o.gif

I have a friend with a mother-in-law named Yeti that she says fits the part.

Damn. I hope that image doesnt stay with me when I go to bed later smile_o.gif

Edit.. Stupid english language smile_o.gif or was it the key board...

Rule nÅŸ1 - Never, Ever have a mother in law called Yeti! That raises far too many unethical issues.

I read all that link you posted phil, but as appealing as the misterious is, I too think its too far fetched (until proven), and im a great sci-fi lover. But that moon is indeed an oddity of nature, the "Great Wall" roXorz my bOxorz tounge_o.gif

I make maps in ofp with wrp editor and am guilty of making straight line geological features, but please please dont tell me Mother Nature does that too

It's not a straight line, but a ring going around the equator ;)

Quote[/b] ]This aint the rings of saturn...on close up u will see that those rings are not one feature but made of several ice and chemical rocks orbiting around a planet....BUT THIS WALL?! wow_o.gif

What shape would be formed on the surface if a planetary ring (Jupiter, Uranus and Neptune have such rings too, not just Saturn) would "land" back into a planet (or moon)?

It could be formed by many things, the fact that it still puzzles astronomers doesn't mean its made by aliens or something. Maybe we'll know more in 2007 when Cassini makes another close pass on it.

Hey folks, lets not let crazy ideas like "science" get in the way of the TRUTH! [/sarcasm]

This guy is clearly nuts. Fact.

sigh...i always believe and take comfort in science..for it is a truth that nothing can blemish...but these? There's gotta be an answer for it, for science can explain everything..but wat now? wow_o.gif

pia061664wv.jpg

Hehe..kegetys...i errr...aliens are kinda giggly subject ...sheesh, hell, i really dont know what to say, beyond my comprehension on seeing this pic. So for now, if anyone complains about straight line or rings on ofp islands, i'm gonna tell em mother nature does that too! tounge_o.gif

i always believe and take comfort in science..for it is a truth that nothing can blemish...

Science doesn't tell you the truth, it only tells you what we believe based on observations.

Quote[/b] ]There's gotta be an answer for it, for science can explain everything

Then why don't we wait for a bit more believeable explanation than what Mr. Hoaxland wants us to believe to sell his books ;)

The reason for my post is not on who is right and who is wrong. My post is - WHAT THE HELL AM I SEEING??  wow_o.gif

I make maps in ofp with wrp editor and am guilty of making straight line geological features, but please please dont tell me Mother Nature does that too!!! AN EQUATORIAL WALL MATHEMATICALLY PRECISE AROUND THE MOON?? ?? ?? ?? ??

It's not a precise straight line. It's an approximate line that goes approximately around the equator of the moon. And the answer to why isn't too puzzling, given the crater and the fact that the moon is roughly spherical. It was of course caused by the impact that left the bigass crater there. No liquids on the surface to absorb the shock --> big fracture. It's the same principle by which montains are created on earth.

It's more surprising that it didn't rip the moon apart. But that's thanks to the heavy elements that make up Iapetus.

That's just one much more plausible and less outrageous theory than the absurdities that Hoagland.

You can count on that there are a number of exo-geologists around the world that are currently making models based on the Cassini data, and that they'll come up with a more credible and exact description in what made Iapetus look the way it does.

sure, kegetys..the truth will prevail...only thing is..whose truth? Bush kinda truth where parts are not revealed tilled pried open by lobbying 'conspiracies theories' pundits ( how we ridiculed them when they cried there was no WMD in Iraq).

I wouldnt mind buying a well written book if it attempts to explain away anamolies cos we do need to know both sides of an arguements to make a informed decision, but as to whether we will accept such theories, i guess we will never know, just as i am convinced that i will never know even on my deathbed why the Mayans left their beautiful city empty or the purpose of pyramids.

Keep an open mind, but not till the brains drop out! tounge_o.gif

Edit:- nice work there, denoir...but i tend to suscribe more to kegety's view - orbiting rings of debris over the millenia slowly descended upon the planet's surface geosynchorusly following the planet's rotation and gravity, piling up the wall up to 20klm, as evidence from Saturn's ring...a theory only so far and maybe the only one we will be allowed to know to our deathbed for i sure dont see humans going to mars, let alone Saturn's 17th moon

Pardon my theorizing but couldn't that equatorial line have been caused by the moon's possibly prior orbit within one of Saturn's rings? And it would have constantly been bombarded with material along the ring line? Maybe Prometheus will tell.

Nobel Prize nominations gladly accepted.

Thanks avon....that could be another possibility too...at least now i know there are more views than one on something thats anomolous..as to who is right and who is wrong...lol!...time will tell i guess...keeping my fingers crossed it aint aliens who constructed the wall...would blow everything i have ever believed in! wow_o.gif

Hey! Who ya gonna believe? Me or some astroquack?

smile_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

rock.gif

crazy_o.gif

sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]keeping my fingers crossed it aint aliens who constructed the wall...

I bet it was Halliburton. blues.gif