Sign in to follow this  
ncpiment

Boiling Point: Road to Hell

It looks like a good game, but more like competition for the current OFP, as OFP2 is going to have unlimited terrain and other good things built into it. IIRC, this game's terrain is only about 25 square km, the size of a single island in OFP.

Still... I look forward to it. Moving it to the more appropriate OFP OT section.

Yeah, looks like a very unpolished FarCry competitor.

Geeh I wonder where they got their inspiration from for this model tounge_o.gif

Mullins is back! yaay  biggrin_o.gif

I'll support any game that offers free gameplay and reasonable realism. I especially like the setting of this one - Latin America has always interested me and I really like what I've seen from the terrain.

They have a number of helicopters and vehicles with long-range cannon but the visibility is horrible. Joint ops managed this quite well with no performance issues, why cant anyone else do this in their games?

naaaa, Far Cry wanna bee, it doesnt even seem to be military or realism themed, doesnt look that great either...

It looks like a good game, but more like competition for the current OFP, as OFP2 is going to have unlimited terrain and other good things built into it. IIRC, this game's terrain is only about 25 square km, the size of a single island in OFP.

Still... I look forward to it. Moving it to the more appropriate OFP OT section.

Actually, size of basic single island in ofp is up to 12.8kmx12.8km = 164 sq km which is far more the 25sq km in that game (5x5km only?).

For Tonal size islands it's 25.6x25.6 = 655 square km, 25 times more than in that game.

Nothing can beat OFP. smile_o.gif

It looks nice, though. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]It looks nice, though. smile_o.gif

Exactly, and if it had the same terrain detail OFP has, it could probably have the same size islands smile_o.gif

OMG... you're totally right. 25 square kilometers is nothing. rock.gif

But it sure makes it sound big though, eh? smile_o.gif

Nope....read a bit more recent news:

Quote[/b] ]• Set in the South American jungle, this massive gaming world spans 625 square Km (25 km x 25 km - bigger than the city of Chicago), and is populated throughout with friend and foe.

• Asynchronous loading of required resources creates a seamless game world with no levels and no loading times!

Pretty much exactly what OFP2 is "rumoured" to be doing. Gotta say I'm looking forward to Boiling Point smile_o.gif

625 square km? thats pretty good then, I take back what I said!

Sorry but I must say the game rather looks thumbs_down.gif. After watching the movie I had the impression this is battlefield 2 in a somewhat jungle environment. The choppers move irrealistically and so does the plane. It might be a good game but definetly not in the genre OFP is in! Viewdistance set to 200, and players look like cheap SOF2 remakes!

Anyhow the game has a totally different story setting and the graphics are already considered somewhat outdated. It will be something more like Stalker where you are free to search for new missions. But if you are fine with that then the game definetly has some good and conservative shooter qualities.

However I suggest you keep the genres seperated. Buy F.E.A.R for good fast action and OFP2 for realism!

more downloads

http://www.3dgamers.com/games/boilingpoint/downloads/

Albert, youre right.

This game looks much poorer than OFP2 will look. I don`t think they use DX9 effects, if they do I wonder where they are.

Albert, youre right.

This game looks much poorer than OFP2 will look. I don`t think they use DX9 effects, if they do I wonder where they are.

We dont know how OPF2 will look yet, im really not expecting something extraordinary in the graphics department, let me tell you that for me OPF with some nice addons running at 1280x1024, AA 4X and a bit of digital vibrance looks better than this game. I think OPF2 will look good and even lifelike considering all of its features, i dont think i would like it if it looked like Far Cry. DX9 or not OPF can look great and OPF2 will look better wink_o.gif .

Don't really like it. Seems to me that it is more of a LAST-MAN-STANDING kind of FPS. The view distance? Yeah it really is low, but the map looks really detail.

Still, i think i would play it for a while, then returned to OFP

Well, in spite of all I think it looks like it could be a good base to make an OFP mod of... tounge_o.gif