Sign in to follow this  
MaRcin_

Silver Kelpie Studios

It’s time to start general thread about our project…

Our aim is to make Polish modification for Operation Flashpoint. We’ve decided to place the plot in the present times, in a fictional Arab country somewhere in the Middle East. Dictator has been overthrown but situation is still very tense. And one of the richest in oil countries in the world is very tempting. Fanatical fighters attacks become more intensified. Coalition forces decide to support local order forces. But it’s only the beginning of a long, laborious and dangerous mission. Not generals, but ordinary soldiers were supposed to see how dangerous…

The player is expected to be a sergeant of the Polish Army. He’ll take part in various missions including patrolling main routs, guarding important facilities and ending on drinking vodka. Our brave hero ;-) will be promoted or demoted and send back to Poland – it will depend on player only.

We’re not new to the community. Most of the creators are well known in the Polish community, some of them (i.e. Hawk, Grabarz^^) showed international community what they can do in O2. I’m taking care of the screenplay because got some experience (I’ve written screenplay for TV, now working on the book). Project is developed since October or November (don’t remember ;)) The most important for us are not addons, but campaign.

That’s all for now. I’ll try post here most important news about this project. More info on our site – http://silverkelpie.ofpbase.com

pic01.jpgpic02.jpg

Yeah , that sounds great , but I prefer to see before that an accomplished polish army pack wink_o.gif

LWP's working on a lot of addons , maybe your mod should help them... smile_o.gif

I agree with thunderbird. The LWP mod already has lots of great Polish units so it would put your team much farther head if you joined forces with them and helped them make some good Polish units in desert uniforms along with a good map and map objects. It also doesn't have to be fictional.

It could very simulate peace keeping actions either in Iraq or in Afghanistan where Polish forces have faught as well.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

The LWP mod makes Polish Army back from the early 80's. Modern Polish Army is totally diffrent thing. Different uniform, gear, equipment, everything ...lol... almost everything is diffrent. This wouldn't really go along together with peacekeeping mission somewhere in the Middle East.

Just my 2 cents...

interesting?great?....HELL YEAH!!!!...gosh!, a tv producer and writer to create missions..what more can we ask for! wow_o.gifwow_o.gifwow_o.gif ...i'll bet it'll be a great change from the usual boy grabs gun and kill them all missions! (hehe..kidding mission makers...u all make great missions, just that with tv production and writing skills, a war with scripted storyline will be something great and different to try out, no matter what nationality or equipments used wink_o.gif )..All the best!

Hope Agent Smith explained what’s the difference between LWP Mod and our project. However we’ll try to cooperate on some addons.

We were thinking of some realistic regions but there’re too many problems that can be hardly solved. Iraq or Afghanistan – we need maps, photos to make realistic map for OFP. And it would take longer to make such island.

The other problem are losses of Polish forces. Average losses in small OFP mission are about 12 KIAs (sometimes much more). And if we make campaign containing 10 missions losses will be much bigger than in the reality. What’s more If it’s going to be realistic we should send soldiers to realistic missions. And that won’t be interesting for players. You can simply drive a cur in editor and you don’t need new map, vehicles and so on. One shooting in 10 missions – that certainly won’t be absorbing…

One more thing. LWP mod is very big. Units for 3 sides of conflict, many various addons etc. We would like to make something much smaller.

To sum up. It’s much easier to place the plot in a fictional country. And we believe that project can be done in few months not years.

Good to finally see a topic for this great mod smile_o.gif That helicopter from that screenshot looks great I have to say.

Good to finally see a topic for this great mod smile_o.gif That helicopter from that screenshot looks great I have to say.

It is very early version, so it has a lot of bugs. But maybe in not far future will be ended

If you already have "addons" of the era 1980 , that would be great to see an "unreal" conflict against soviets to liberate Polska, and there's already a great Polish island wink_o.gif

so off coarse do as you wanna , but I give you just my 2c proposa biggrin_o.gif

Ok here comes screens of Mi-8 helicopters in two versions – Cargo and MedEvac. Model is from CSLA and textures made by Arika. More screens on our site: http://silverkelpie.ofpbase.com

mi8-02s.jpgmi8med-01s.jpg

@Bobcatt666

Yes... and Vilas is in the team  smile_o.gif

@thunderbird84

Have you been reading LWP screenplay?  wink_o.gif  It's divided into 2 parts. First one is Soviets armed intervention (1982) and the second is Polish and Soviet attack on Denmark (1985). It’s all alternative history and I’m sure someone from LWP could tell you more about the plot.

Yes we're making our island. Harbour, airport, refinery - just a basic structures for our fictional country smile_o.gif We're not going to make everything on our own. For example in harbour we'd like to place buildings made by AGS - no need to do something that is really well done (especially when we got still a lot of work).

Yep that is some awesome work there , the lightning on the buildings , textures , modelwork design wise its all good smile_o.gif .

thanks Vilas ;)

Dzik (Wild Boar) - armored car developed in Poland. It's produced for police and army. This heavily armored vehicle is going to be tested in Iraq by Polish troops.

We wanted to make this car and here are first in-game screenshots. Addon is made by Vilas and YacieK.

More information and screens can be found on our site

dzik04m.jpg

wow_o.gif Check those vehicles in desert camo, they look really cool! So you guys going to make everything yourselfs?

Thx for the comments smile_o.gif

So you guys going to make everything yourselfs?

We’re using some addons made by other mods or addonmakers, but most of the stuff we have to make on our own…

Silver Kelpie Studios is not dead. After quiet long break we're back with some fresh screens smile_o.gif

On the pics below you can see HMMWV vehicle modified for Polish special forces - GROM. Model made by FischKopp and Diesel.Textures (SKS desert camo) by YacieK. More at Silver Kelpie Studios

hmmwvgrom03s.jpghmmwvgrom02s.jpg