Sign in to follow this  
-A-V-Trekkie

OFP "SDK"-Release Petition

We want Bohemia Interactive and Codemasters to release the tools to include models, make new islands etc.

They should give the tools to the most interesting Mods(like Invasion `44, Bundeswehr-Mod, Vietnam Mod...) soon without an instruction, so that they can keep Operation Flashpoint alive!

The Petition!

argh... THERE WILL BE NO SDK! BUT THERE WILL BE TOOLS TO EDIT MODELS AND POSSIBLE ISLANDS. got it?

yeah shuddup, theyve explained why they wont release it, and why they cant, so leave it alone, they will release all they can, so stop badgering them.

SDK is very very unlikely to be released due to the nature of an SDK's contents and the fact that OFP doesn't support additional dll's loaded at a specific point, unlike half life. Moddelling tools would be good enough to complete most the mods out there, source would just complicate the matter and most likely create a world of bugs.

I know that their won´t be a SDK but it´s the head topic for the tools. If you read the explanation on the site you would notice that we want the tools for the mod teams and nothing other...

And if you bother to read some stuff BIS/CM people have posted, maybe you´d realise that they have already promised to release the modeling tools, and they will also do so. But they cannot release something thats not ready to release so just sit tight, have a little bit of patience and wait for them to do it! Its no use to get people angry with petitions like this that only make people not like BIS because of something that is not true.

Name Changed to OFP Development Tools Release Petition!

And I know that they will release it but a leader of a mod asked them and they said not in the next 4 months...

Sorry but most people thnik that OFP would be dead when they make this true...

Why? Patches will be released for the next few months.

And besides, I said this earlier: let them do their job dammit!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([A-V]Trekkie @ Jan. 13 2002,14:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sorry but most people thnik that OFP would be dead when they make this true...<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm and which people have you been asking? The people I know who play Opf certainly wouldn't agree with that, and I would bet a fair amount of money that the majority on here wouldn't agree with that smile.gif

Hmm I will stay at OFP the next year but a lot of good mods could be out soon when BI releases this tools now and not in 6 months!

Just keep in mind:

We´re the community! So if they don´t release the tools their would be a lot of disappointed people how won´t buy the Expansion Pack. But if they release the tools we all would be very glad and we would stay at OFP until OFP 2 would be released.

Look at Half Life with his huge of Mods and OFP isn´t so mod friendly but it has a lot of more possibilities!

It's been said that there will be tools available in the future. Now it's just a matter of patience.

Even if it takes months to get the tools released, its not that big deal as if you look at the mods that are under development, none of them seem to be that far that they would have all the models, missions, etc. done. Oxygen, the modeling tool, is just needed to convert the model to .p3d and add some OFP stuff in them. You can model the models already with 3dsmax or something and put them to ofp once the modeling tool is ready to release.

How should they finish Missions without new island???

and it would give them a lot of motivation to play their modells already

Leave these BIS people alone...I mean damn....these people didn't spend years getting to where they are now to be bitched at by people to give us this or that.....they give you what ever the fuck they want to and whatever they are told to.....

Prediction: 90% of the mods that are being advertised now will not be completed even if the tools were released today. Many mods are nothing more than an idea and the ability to put together a web site. In some cases, someone with some modeling talent will put together some nice models to take screenshots of, but for the most part, nothing ever comes to fruition. Happens in every game out there. So how should the developers decide who is to get these tools if they followed the logic of giving tools only to proposed mod authors...and how many people would pop up and say that they too are creating some mod so they could get their hands on the tools? As the above posts mention, the developers have said that tools WILL be released in their own time. No ammount of petitioning is going to change what is already planned. I agree that modding tools would be great to have in the community...we will just have to wait for a release.

Sorry, about the above post didnt mean to post it twice.

Yah, I agree with Kegetys. The tools that BIS said that they are going to realease, will be released, when they are ready to be realeased. No petition is going to change how ready somthing is to be realeased. Why would you want somthing that is full of bugs and anything else that would affect its usefullness?

I am verry impressed with BIS and CM user support. they have allready given so much to the OFP comunity and say they are going to continue to do so. Pluss when was the last time anybody realesed a expansion pack for $15 american, gota love that. I see absolutely no reason to sign a petition demanding anything from them.

As far as a SDk goes I doubt that it will be realeased anytime in the near future if ever. BIS has jsut devealoped the best game in along time, if they want to keep their SDK seceret so be it. If I was in their shoes I dont think I would release that eather.

BIS never released this game for the money

they realesed it for themselves. it was the game they wanted to play

they never thought its gonna be so popular that is why they never even bothered of making anything related to SDK

They probably lost half of the tools during the development

(if u read the postmortem u'll se what i'm talking about)

but now after OFP became such a hit and made so much money they realised that SDK was essential

And now they are seaching through all the PCs and harddrives in their office to find those tools!!!!!

When they find them we'll see an SDK smile.gif

ey people..

Trekkie, hate to say u this but i seriously think its best to drop the whole petition thingie..

Why?

Its easy.. our opinion is not of any importance.. We might be the community but we simply dont make their marketingplans.

But seriously, Trekkie. drop the case man. I really really appreciate the efforts you made into this petition, like the site u set up, i even signed myself. Besides that its a good think the community is this close. Already 160+ people signed it on the time of writing.

Im sure if BIS would have plans to release the tools, BIS would release them anyway. And if not, they wont...

(If they release the tools because of the petition, I owe u a huge appology. Ill start saving money now smile.gif but no i highly doubt that )

Ciao

Flugel - the Netherlands

I wouldnt worry about ppl stop playing OFP cuz we have to wait for mods, we get new vehicles and weapons all the time. Many ppl have been playing CS for 2-3 years(lol) and CS sucks , so I think nothing is gonna stop ppl from playing OFP, I know nothing will stop me.