Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 Version 7.3

Download an updated version of Vit Ah-1 from Vit's page and replace the file that you currently have in y2k3\addons. It worked for me.

Thanx notworthy.gif it works indeed with the updated version of Vit's Ah-1 smile_o.gif

imho: i think that VBS shuolda been kept non-public and the news of AA shoulda held off until 2 months before release. because both, primarily vbs, have caused so many modders to just go "im done with ofp, good bye". since vbs we lost a little peice of our community every day.

hmmmm, didn't even know VBS was public.  Didn't believe it at first, but then I checked it out.  Kinda pricey at US$150 for the core and US/AU$50-$180 for some selected addons:

http://www.vbsresources.com/

http://www.virtualbattlespace.com/index.htm

http://www.virtualbattlefieldsystem.com/index.htm

I'll stay with OFP for now, thank you!

Just a heads up. The default y2k3 mod installer installs to the OperationFlashpoint directory when it should be Operation Flashpoint (space).

Question though. All I did was copy the 2 folders that wer e in the OperationFlashpoint folder (this is the folder the installer created)...the 2 folders I moved are called @ECP and Y2K3. I moved them into the Operation Flashpont directory. The mod seems to work but do you envision any problems by doing this? I cant imagine there would be any but just want to check.

If you think this will cause a problem down the line, what folders do I delete to reinstall? These were the only 2 created right?

naw that wont cause any problems.

i coulda sworn i changed that for the full installer but i guess i didnt.

the reason it does that is OFP installs 2 differnt ways... for some it installs as OperationFlashpoint as one word. for most it installs it as Operation Flashpoint as two words. i dont know why it does this; i cant explain why the install procedure isnt standard; i just know that im one of the few that have had the one word install path since 4 years ago when i bought the game

Mine installed ok to the right folder operation flashpoint (with a space)?huh.gif?huh.gif?huh.gif???

Pappy....im going to remember that nick for a long time, you've managed to rekindle my interest in Operation Flashpoint all over again. I have just installed the game on my laptop computer (1.3 ghz centrino) and are going to install this conversion mod instantly!, just the screens of the tracers and the m1 firing at night was enough to make me say "screw this!, i gotta have it!" and now the download is half way through.... biggrin_o.gif

you certianly will enjoy OFP again. its a whole new game with Y2K3. new models new effect new everything smile_o.gif

be sure to get the 7.2 patch too. updates alot of the civilian stuff smile_o.gif

Before i download such a big file, i would like to aska few questions:

1. Whats else is their in this mod besides new units? Or is it just a unit conversion

2. Are the units from other addon makers or did you guys make new ones?

Thanks smile_o.gif .

Aright nevermind, i downloaded it but im freaking out here.

While the thing is installing, after some time a blue screen pops up saying some stuff (not the blue screen upon startup, this one just pops up with restarting). It says restart the computer if this has happened to you for the first time, so i do. Try installing it again, same thing. Can someone please help! sad_o.gif

i couldnt even begin to figure out what your problem could be there, freind. if anyone else could have a guess at what his problem is please feel free to chime in huh.gif

Still using the UHARC compression Pappy `? The mentioned blue screen makes me wonder..

could be possible that the compression is too much for weak comp´s, at least it takes ages to decompress if you try with lower than 1GHZ CPU biggrin_o.gif

I have a 1.2 GHZ if that matters. Also the blue screen said that try disabling your BIOS? How would i do this?

Hey Pappy, i've noticed that you link to the sky pack and more, but that just brings back the main install file of 7.1, is the sky pack included in 7.1 or the 7.2 patch?

I have a 1.2 GHZ if that matters. Also the blue screen said that try disabling your BIOS? How would i do this?

1.2 GHZ should be enough .. but the blue screen is ultra weird rofl.gif

If you´d disable your BIOS your mainboard would be shite. It´s the little chip that keeps all the stuff needed by your PC to boot in it, so no matter what that blue screen tells you, hands off the BIOS tounge2.gif

It probably said "try disabling shadowing in your BIOS" or something like that, not that you should disable your bios entirely (which is impossible). If you write down the error code next time it happens and do a google search that sometimes can provide leads.

Mr burns: im using a new installer. doesnt have all that major compression. which was a handicap i was willing to sufer for a better looking installer.

damnation: thats prolly my fault. i have that installer as a template.. and as with the 7.2 patch stupid me forgot to change certian text strings to read differntly. just run it and all is well dont worry about it smile_o.gif

Greetings, men!

DL'ed Y2K3_7.1 a couple'o days ago and.. must say that I really loved that bada$$. inlove.gif Great mod Pappy, indeed!! Models are awesome and fit well to each other.

Only one thing disappointed me so far. Models replaced in your mod lack that 'shiny' metallic effect that could be seen in vanilla OFP or in some other mods..It's because all these models' textures not listed in "CfgTextureToMaterial" classes provided by LOCKE_OrgobjMatDef and lpswd_materials definitions. sad_o.gif

Have anyone noticed that??? What would you say, Pappy?

It's really annoying to list textures for all ingame models in different classes..

Maybe you have these definitions somewhere on your HDD

wink_o.gif ?! So it would be great if you share them

Best regards!

Alexander Dobrovolsky.

ps sorry for my language-- English is not my first sad_o.gif

locke's mod is included in the Y2K3 install.. about 80% of the vehicles used in Y2K3 are defined in that pbo. everything from the A10 to the Mi24 only the BIS Jeep and the Skodas are the only vehicles, that i know of, that doesnt have that shiny thingy.

btw: make sure u got 7.2 patch wink_o.gif some nice changes to the civi sids in it.

exigent: afaik.. theres nothing u can do. cuz we dont know what exactly is wrong

Quote[/b] ]Pappy Boyington

btw: make sure u got 7.2 patch some nice changes to the civi sids in it.

Screens look good, let's give it a try smile_o.gif Downloading...

In my previous post i mind M1A1 abrams, BAS's blackhawk and M113 replacements, maybe there's some other.. haven't tried mod thoroughly yet icon_rolleyes.gif But these are certainly...you know already wink_o.gif

the blackhawks are defined, the A10 is defined, pretty much the planes and helos are primarly defined.

some of the trucks/cars

and almost none of the tanks that i know of... which makes sense because tanks are hardly the best source of "shineyness" tounge2.gif

none of which was my choice.. locke made it.. i used it. simple as that. i didnt modify it or feel the need to want to modify it. so its a as-is thing. complain to locke about it tounge2.gif after he finishs the leaning rolling stuff

I don`t have bluescreens with Y2K3, and I don`t get bluescreens with any other mod.

smile_o.gif

Pappy sorry if i sound like a cock asking this but will the new ecp thingumijig work with your'e excellent mod whistle.gif

no.

ECP mod is a configuration replacment like FDF, CLSA, and so on. u cant run them at the same time

Pappy, this may sound like a silly question knowing your'e thoughts on the old ECP pistols.gif However it dosn't seem to lag as much,and i was just wondering is their any way you would consider implementing it into a latest edition versionof your fantastic Y2K3 mod sad_o.gif If not would it be impossible for me to do it myself