Sign in to follow this  
pogingwapo

ID this tank quick!

I do not know if this is accurate or not but to me it looks like a T-80 with ERA.

Note: I am not an expert on tanks I would wait for someone else to answer if I were you I thought I would give it a shot though.

I'd say it looks more like a T-72 with ERA

*edit again* this shows better why I'm sure it's a T-72

LON30131.jpg

t72ritn.jpg

t80ritn.gif

Yeah, it's not a T-80. It could however be a T-90 - the chassis of it is very similar to the T-72. From that picture it's more or less impossible to tell.

So the answer is a T-72 or a T-90.

t90ritn.gif

Yeah, it's not a T-80. It could however be a T-90 - the chassis of it is very similar to the T-72. From that picture it's more or less impossible to tell.

So the answer is a T-72 or a T-90.

The T-90 entered service in 1993, from the sickle and hammer visible (that seems to be carried by the tank -or then again it could be in the background), I'd say it's safe to assume it's a T-72

I assumed that the flag was in the background, and the image quality made me believe that it was a recent picture. But perhaps you are right.

a t-72B with first generation ERA i think. The snorkel on the rear of the turret is smaller than the t-80BV and its not a t-90 or T-72BM as the have modern ERA plating which are far larger and looks neater also

According to Tovarish's schemes I'd say it's a T-72. Look at the front of the turret. It's curved, whereas T-80 and T-90 have a wedge-shaped turrent front...

a t-72B with first generation ERA i think. The snorkel on the rear of the turret is smaller than the t-80BV and its not a t-90 or T-72BM as the have modern ERA plating which are far larger and looks neater also

And probably you have right ;) It looks like T72B with I gen. ERA (K3?) so it is T72BW. Note characteristic for T72Bs Super Dolly Parton armour shape near the bottom horizontal row of ERA.

If it was in my CR2 sights it would be dead.

can you as a gunner of a tank (not moving) beat a T72 with three/four (prolly) experienced crewmembers and crappy ERA plating? rock.gif

*mean grin*

The picture is in 1995, here's more:

Quote[/b] ]RUSSIA. Moscow. Celebration of VE day - 50th anniversary of the end of the second world war. 1995.

50th anniversary of VE Day from 8 May 1945.

here's another pic of the parade:

LON30139.jpg

T-80U family, I would tell...

crazy_o.gif No way in hell that's a T-80

I am pretty sure that the last pic shows some t-80's.

T-80U family, I would tell...

crazy_o.gif No way in hell that's a T-80

I am pretty sure that the last pic shows some t-80's.

Ah yes...the skirts are completely different in the second pic...those are T-80's, I was still referring to the first pic, and assuming that the second pic was the same type, I didn't really look at it closely, but it's not the same type.

I personally think the first picture is a T-90.

As has been mentioned, The turret shape is all wrong in the front:

T90snow.jpg

t90s1.jpg

*edit* plus every pic and line drawing I've seen of the T-90 feature those three riveted plates on the front of the side skirts, which are absent in the first pic

It's a T-72B w/ ERA for sure.. The reactive armor is also totally different on a T-90 and a T-90 has a small pole on the turret which is some kind of laser jammer.

Here's a T-72b w/ ERA. The one is the drawing has a few more ERA plates but other than that it's just the same.

t-72b-line.gif

Definitively a T-72B with first type ERA, with Dolly Parton turret armor, and not T-90 (new generation Kontakt-5 ERA, Shtora,...).

In the second pic, we can obviously see the boxy engine exhaust at the rear hull, and with difficulty the front turret armor and the "flaps" protecting the lower turret part. But I don't manage to see the smoke launchers...

T-80U.gif