Sign in to follow this  
Wilco

Suchey's Updated Marines and LAV-25

Hey don't beat yourself up, shit happens, you at least fixed it on your own, I'm proud, go forth and kick ass man.. =)

I'm too chicken s**t to texture anything still so you got more balls than I do..

IMO I find this a very suitable replacement for Suchey's Marines. The uniforms look very crips and accurate, it shows you put a lot of work into it. I riemember seeing the WIP Topic and you were very dedicated to making it as accurate as possible. Good job

Can I ask what the difference is between these and the updated marines Mako did in August last year? I'd say it was the difference between bug-fixing (mako) and retexturing (wilco). Am I right?

Oh, and is the .pbo still named the same? I get nervous with these 'touch-up' releases as so many other mods are dependent upon suchey's stuff.

Looks sweet though.

Can I ask what the difference is between these and the updated marines Mako did in August last year? I'd say it was the difference between bug-fixing (mako) and retexturing (wilco). Am I right?

Correct.

Now the question is did Wilco base his version on Suchey's original or Mako's fixed version? rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]Oh, and is the .pbo still named the same? I get nervous with these 'touch-up' releases as so many other mods are dependent upon suchey's stuff.

Yes and a very good point, unless Wilco was extra careful to ensure that these are 100% compatible with any existing mission's or addon's use of them.

Are the Force Recon units gonna be retectured into desert and woodland? I've been using the updated force recon pack, but they have the other textures so it dosent match.

This version seems to have the same groups as the updated version, the original only had the 3 fire teams I think.

I find these very good, nice work again there Wilco!

but I dont like the colours of the LAV though It doesnt fit with any unit... rock.gif are these colours really used? crazy_o.gif

I find these very good, nice work again there Wilco!

but I dont like the colours of the LAV though It doesnt fit with any unit...  rock.gif are these colours really used?  crazy_o.gif

Sure are.

http://plaza.rakuten.co.jp/img/user/51/00/2735100/124.jpg althought they aren't as dark as mine.

@theavonlady: Believe Mako's, Mako added an updated configuration that added the Sniper and AA.

@DataPlague: I really should have taken some pictures of the back of the Marines, there is updated gear and misc added to them also.

Actually if I'm not mistaken, I believe Mako's also fixed the RPG-16 and SMAW rocket accuracy and dammage problems.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Has anyone looked into fixing the optics on the javelin so the AI fires it right and not straight into the ground?

I dont think there's an issue with the optics.. Unless you wanted to fire it like a LAW straight at it, but that would take away what the javelin is..

Exactly. Because of the way the missile drops after being launched, the AI just don't/can't compensate for it.

There's no way to force the AI to aim higher than it would to fire a normal AT missile only with the javelin?

Just wondering... are the optics on the javelin model correct? If you look through the sights at the tank it goes in the ground. You have to go back to normal first person and put the tank in the crosshairs. Having never fired one I'm not really sure.

Just wondering... are the optics on the javelin model correct? If you look through the sights at the tank it goes in the ground. You have to go back to normal first person and put the tank in the crosshairs. Having never fired one I'm not really sure.

It's made on purpose like that. Here.... have a read first, then ask questions.

Op Codeblues Javelin had the same optics issue in player V view but the AI can use the weapon just fine

Code blue made a Javelin?

Problem I have with the javelin is I can never get it to lock up. I use is as directed.... hit magnify look throught the site lock the target then aim with the small site. Problem is it never locks on a target. the missile just goes flying in the air

Problem I have with the javelin is I can never get it to lock up. I use is as directed.... hit magnify look throught the site lock the target then aim with the small site. Problem is it never locks on a target. the missile just goes flying in the air

Do you see the diamond shaped target reticule lock on in your screen?

No I dont see the diamond and it is only in the Javelin. I hit tab or V and nothing comes up..... sad_o.gif

Reveal target button = right mouse button... just point at the enemy tank, and right click till it locks on (sometimes the game doesn't like you to "see" the tank so it may take a few clicks)... then carry on like normal.

It can also do with your difficulty settings if it's on veteran, you may have lock-boxes turned off..

Not knowing that site was there... and like I said.

Quote[/b] ] Having never fired one I'm not really sure.

So... no need to be rude.

The LAV i  downloaded from CZ this evening has some sort of obstruction in the gunsight?A grey sorta looking thing....dunno what it is.Anyone else see this?