Sign in to follow this  
Big Dawg KS

A New AH-64 Pack

I never quit tounge_o.gif and I will go as far as needed with this smile_o.gif

I want to give the community something they can enjoy for a while, a long while smile_o.gif perhaps maybe even untill OFP 2's release.

I have allready let a buddy of mine beta test it, and he came back asking for more wink_o.gif so it won't be long before you see a release. Even after release I will take critizism and suggestions for future upgraded versions smile_o.gif

Excellent,you know a certain major extra that everyone would love?

http://www.aeronautics.ru/archive....w02.jpg

http://iet.open.ac.uk/pp....1_l.jpg

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/apache/images/apache14.jpg

http://www.cavok-aviation-photos.net/AH64D_Q09.jpg

http://www.cycnet.com/encyclopedia/military/images/991008071.jpg

As you see in those picture the nose sensors can move in 360 degree turns if you made them turnable or atleas the top one (could be the view you get from the pilot when press the zero "0" key,since the gunner gets the camera on the chaingun if the pilot got that and could move it like the way the M1A2SEP sensor (dunno the name of it) moves then that would be awesome)

Also another item the apache carries http://www55.tok2.com/home/oh1ninja/details/AH64/P5060041.JPG and are you making all lights,FFARS and tail included as polygons?

Oh and the handrails on and behind the cockpit window frame.

http://airkiller.myrice.com/attacker/gfx/ah64/ah64_sensor.gif

http://www.missilesandfirecontrol.com/our_pro....nvs.jpg

http://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/apache-helicopter-47.jpg

Er, well, I could make the sensors move, but only left and right not up and down, but there is no way of fixating the pilots view to move with it. The M1A2 addon can because it has the commander turret, and OFP will support that, but on all other vehicles only 1 turret can be supported. And the only way to have the view move is to have it on a turret.

So instead I am going to have the pilots view a close up of the MFD pages and IHADSS HUD. Someone else suggested I make the Hydra's pop out but, I thought it might eat up too much of the model and scripting. I will see what I can do with the sensors though, maybe I can have them move left and right like the DKM Mi28 does.

Could you add the 1st Cavalry Division patch as a settexture command?

copter.jpg

Ahh yes I almost forgot about that. I intend to have customizable content on the apache, like numbers, patches, flags, etc...

If anyone can provide pcitures of all types of markings on apaches that would be great!

Excellent work! It's great to see another breakthrough with scripting, as seen in the helo taxing before take-off.

Thanks, the design isn't completly mine, that goes to manticore from the USCM mod, she made the whole key-combo thing, but she let me use it and I came up with a great way of using it. And it works great biggrin_o.gif

buuuhuuu  sad_o.gif I feel like jumping from a 4 story building  sad_o.gif

I can't get Longbow 2 to work anymore (did work a year and a servicepack ago)  sad_o.gif

Anyone else have Jane's Longbow 2 and have it working?

I bet Kylesarnik would love to see some close-ups of the different MFD pages...

They are all 100% authentic, unlike the ones in EECH/EEAH.

Aww don't do that, Im sure that who ever's gotta clean that up wouldn't want that crazy_o.gif Im sure someone else has it working biggrin_o.gif

OMG man this is looking SUPER!

totally what I wanted for OFP!!

Now I just thought of 2 other things!

1. The impact of the 30mm gun. I remember when I wanted to reenact the apache video that the dudes blew away far to much, the explosions of the 30mm have WAAAAAY to much power!

2. the pilots flying this, maybee you can add the mono eye piece to the helmet so you can put it on like goggles! Maybee also sunglasses! Cuz in screenies you allways have the BIS pilots!

Keep on the ELITE work man! blues.gif

There will be new pilots yes, with IHADSS gear and new helmet etc..., and as for the gun, well, ill see if I can balance out the hit and indirect hit values.

Ok, I got bored and decided to do this:

ah64black16cf.th.jpg

ah64black28js.th.jpg

Those are helifreak's textures but they are only temporary, I just wanted to see how it would look in black  biggrin_o.gif

Ah, I should show you these. Some screenshots I took during an AH-64 vs AH-64 battle biggrin_o.gif . It shows the flares:

flaresfailed8ro.th.jpg

crash3iq.th.jpg

Well, thats about it because I am waiting for some other people who are helping me with models and textures to finish some work, untill then I don't really have much to do, unless you guys mention anything that I left out or forgot? Or if you want to see anything that I said I wasn't going to do yet, I might do it.

Those are helifreak's textures but they are only temporary, I just wanted to see how it would look in black

It looks great!

It looks real!

It looks like I don't understand why those are temporary. rock.gif

Think the ejection abilities in the AH64 should be removed, US chopper crews do not take chutes, nore do they bail out only Russain rotory wing aircraft have the bail out capbilities if not equiped with ejection seat systems like many of the Kamavo designed helis.

If you didn't alter the models body for a true Longbow, you should them classify at the MSIP AH64A which is a updated model A with longbow radome, ATGMs, ATAMs, and avioncs upgrade, as well as sensores upgrade, the metal deflector systems to keep the gun clear of being damaged by FOD.

I have AH64s crews made with IHADS helmets only needing texture work to be compleated, if wanted with first and second gen helmet systems. Why remake something thats done already?

The black textures look nice, but (no offense to Helifrak) it would be even nicer with more detailed and higher resolution textures smile_o.gif

I remember Satchel's unreleased Apache. Thats how an Apache should look like IMO.

I remember Satchel's unreleased Apache. Thats how an Apache should look like IMO.

I've seen satchels and I've seen AH64s here more than once from up close.

Satchel's textures make it look like some glossy metallic mechanical contraption. They're just wrong and not life-like.

And they're not available anyway.

Well if you get rid of the ejection stuff is it possible to make the crash possibly survivable? Like maybe a 20% chance? (Don't know what the actual survivability of a heli crash is... probably depends on way too many variables to be sure.) I know that DKMM removed ejection in their Mi-28 and their Commanche. They used lock/unlock commands depending on altitude and speed of the chopper. Although from what Bobcatt said Ruskie choppers have ejection. I heard that they blow off the rotor and then actually eject with ejection seats? Anyways... no ejection in the Apache would be cool as long as you make it a possibility that you could live through the crash.

Oh... do you have a tail rotor failure script? It's always fun to see a chopper spin around in circles trailing smoke while losing altitude.

Well seeing the apachees main body is thnner than the sheet meetal of most compact cars mainly augmented with kevlar plates in vital areas and the seats, anything hitting the forwards section of the bird not small arms fire is gonna be fatal, the new helmets have face masks to add more protection.

cbtah64crews-02.th.jpg

The armored lexan often shattered and injured flight crews.

cbtah64crews-04.th.jpg

Which offers greater protection than the old open-faced IHHADs helmets used in the A, abd B and still used D models.

cbtah65pilot-01.th.jpg

As well as armored plates worn by crews of heavy kelvar to protect vital areas and work with the armored seating systems.

Didn't take the more recent pics of the crews which would show it.

You can poke a hole in a chopper with a screwdriver. Usualy if your flying this bird correctly if your hit you can make a survivable crash landing, using auto rotation. Enough energy is stored in the rotors to put her down if your not going too fast while flying low if engine failure happens, sneaking around trees and buildings increases your surviabliity, I usualy lock flyinheights at 15 to 20 that kames the AI fly like Map of the earthjust low enough crashes are survivable, just high enough they won't knock down trees with flir block. Even nicer your now flying nnow enough for gunners to engage enemy infantry on the ground.

Thanks, the design isn't completly mine, that goes to manticore from the USCM mod, she made the whole key-combo thing, but she let me use it and I came up with a great way of using it. And it works great biggrin_o.gif

Well, I guess that's answers my question sent to you via PM. tounge_o.gif

Ok, the ejection thing I know allready I considered it but I thought that in MP it might not be such a great thing. A lot of people hated that on the WGL mod in CTI games so if it is going to be in there than you will be able to deactivate the locking thing. And right now the crash models are not vehicles (you can't sit in them).

Those are temporary because some of the parts on those textures need to be redone (the nav-lights for example), if I am even going to use them, or xnodunitx might do some black ones, it depends on which textures are more accurate.

Bobcat, the black ones are not longbows in the screenshots, thats the A model, Im doing both you know  tounge_o.gif . Im confused now, did you say that you are making some apache pilots? Are you planing on releasing them? Or did you want to "donate" them to my addon? As for tail rotor failure yes, I never really thought about it but, now that you mentioned it I did start a project a while ago for realistic tail rotor failure, I will try to implement that into the apache pack.

Er, what PM? And it depends on what part of the script you mean, cause the taxi part was my design, the key controls were manticores.

Is it possible to make the crash models vehicles? I'd assume what you said that if it is possible it'd be rather difficult to implement.

Okay. I'll try to describe what I'm thinking of. In chronological order.

1. Chopper is damaged to the point where engine failure occurs. Loses altitude.

2. Chopper hits ground and is replaced by crash model with pilots inside. Continues smoking.

3. Allow the pilot and gunner to open the canopy and clear the crash site.

4. Random time and chance of explosion. (Simulated cook-off of fuel/ammo) This should probably depend on how much damage the chopper took before it crashed.

Possible? Yes or No?

Edit: Kudos on the tail rotor script. The ECP one is pretty good btw. Maybe take a look and see how they did it. (Well... it looks good anyways. And it's easy to change.)

Well, yes, but there are some flaws in the way that works, for example, on the DKM chopper, you would be killed before the script had a chance to save you for the script is activated when the chopper is detected as dead, and the moment the chopper is detected as dead, the crew is killed. So it is possible but it might be hard to save the players life, for you can always revive a dead AI, but not a player.

Well it seems like instead of replacing the chopper with the crash model in a "killed" event handler you could do it some other way relating to it's altitude, if it's damaged, whether or not the engine will work, etc.

I think if the chopper reaches full damage it should be considered "blown out of the sky." Meaning the damn thing exploded in a big giant fireball. Having the engine die and the chopper hit the dirt is a bit different.