Sign in to follow this  
Big Dawg KS

A New AH-64 Pack

Okay I just watched the video,I remember seeing it before sometime last year before christmas,or around,it looked like a LAW launcher or somethin but why they would just toss a LAW launcher right there and walk back and forth is beyond me....

The cockpit is under construction:

ah64dcockpit4zy.th.jpg

I just need to get all of the instruments and MFD pages working.

Edit: Oh and thats an older pic, the newer one no longer has that compass on the top and a few more instruments are in place.

Yes good video for showing the great scripting and everything,you seem to be getting better with the music n timming of it...speaking of which I need to fix that...

Ok I plan on starting the MFD pages soon (as soon as xnodunitx finishes the textures), I have decided to do just the essentials, including the map, weapons, HUD, and engine and fuel status.

Nice video. Like the salvo settings you went with.

About that hud will it be like the one in DKM's Comanche and Havoc where you having moving sliders etc with altitude and speed?

Can you dim the hud (different shades of green)?

Need any photos or screenshots of the hud-modes?

I recomend going with the Transition- or Direct-mode HUD. Cruise shows too many nav-lines(yaw/pitch etc), Indirect misses some flight-info and Bob-up is kinda pointless (and impossible in OFP).

In-case you did'nt know; direct-mode is used with LOBL and indirect is for LOAL-mode for the Hellfires.

Would it be possible to have the HUD change according to what launch mode the HFs are in or can there be only one HUD?

Sure pics would be nice. To answer all of your questions in one sentence: I allready on it. biggrin_o.gif Pictures would be awsome, and any more information you guys can possibly uncover. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]***friendlyfire*** Posted on Jan. 31 2005,15:22

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit this apache to a later version....Which has the Radar just above the rotors it should look like this...

*AHEM*  rock.gif

^Look up about 10 posts, plz.^

Yeah...we already have the longbows...I need to retexture the radars ontop and I'm thinking of using smaller bolts on all the textures.

Still about the tail rotor going up problem, this is what I did in my tail rotor failure script and it seems to work OK:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

?getpos _heli select 2 <= 1 : goto "Continue"

goto "loop"

#Continue

_dir = getdir _heli

_heli setvelocity [0,0,-10]

_heli setdir (_dir) +5.5

Wouldn't that slam the helicopter down? It might work but if it destroys the chopper then I won't use it. I tried using setvelocity before and it didn't work so Im not sure...

my script had the heli constantly using a setvel of -10 but no it doesnt destroy it, I think it balances it out. Try it maybe?

Ill see how it works out, I havn't had a chance to try it since I have been busy working on other projects.

Okay I managed to get O2 light and bulldozer back to normal,all models are now viewed in daylight and everything is currently working perfectly,this means that as soon as I understand how to texture correctly that I will be making them and testing them myself,savingtime for Kyle to work on his scripts and alot less textures he has to apply as "Tests".

Well darn,everytime I try to apply a texture,O2 always says the "Texture name is too long",anyone know what I'm doin wrong?

Most of the time you can ignore that. Just hit apply and hit OK, then make sure it works in game. If it doesnt work in game, then the texture path really is too long - you can check the path and usually the letters at the end of the path will be all messed up which causes the error.

I'm currently just using the textures in my documents,nothing on the C drive or C:this folder/that/folder/textureshere/"nameoftexture"

which I guess is too long...shame...well here gose nothin (misspelled on purpose)

I'm currently just using the textures in my documents,nothing on the C drive or C:this folder/that/folder/textureshere/"nameoftexture"

which I guess is too long...shame...well here gose nothin (misspelled on purpose)

Yup, that path is very long. Put the textures in a root-dir on your drive instead.

Okay I need some help people,I moved the apache into a folder so that I compress it into a pbo but the textures werent there,se I took them all out of hte "my pictures" area and put them in the same folder with the apache,however when I try to apply them nothing works,i can't ally ANY textures,so if you know how I can get past this I would be very grateful.

I think your best response about it would be if you asked about it here.

Sure pics would be nice. To answer all of your questions in one sentence: I allready on it.  biggrin_o.gif  Pictures would be awsome, and any more information you guys can possibly uncover.  smile_o.gif

I give up. Unable to get Longbow 2 up and running. Tried everything sad_o.gif

Only other Apache-"sim" I have is EEAH/EECH which is all that reallistic, but the MFDs and the HUD is authentic enough. Just need to replace the blue colour on the weapon-MFD with a green colour.

FLIR- and weapons-MFD

mfd_flir.jpg

mfd_weap.jpg

LOAL and LOBL HUDs

hud_loal.jpg

hud_lobl.jpg

I need help, I need the help of modelers and scripters, I have suddenly become to busy to do this all by myself (and xnodunitx but thats texturing). Anyone who wants to help work on the models, or help me fix some scripts, please, please help. If nobody helps it might become too hard for me to finish, or it might take a lot, lot, longer to finish. sad_o.gif

Please help!! wow_o.gif

Yep,my jobs texturing and nagging the hell out of Kyle tounge_o.gif ,but eh,I am going to start learning to model n stuff,for instance put the windshield wiper and stuff like that on the apache (when I get used to it) and texture it n all that crud,however we still need the help of a modeller,not a crappy modeller (me) well jobs are open.