Sign in to follow this  
Big Dawg KS

A New AH-64 Pack

what airshow? the nogova airshow? yeah, then the east could blow everyone upwith a sneak attack tounge_o.gif

havent you made a static airshow display???

I had to build a airfield on an empty map, and then I placed all my flying stuff on that map, fighters and transport and such, really cool! Going to update that mission in a while I think...

This is sounding better by the minute!

I was curious, will it be possible to disable the ability to change loadouts in-game (with the H's, hangars, etc.)? Perhaps with a global boolean? This would be great for missions where maybe you would like to limit the player's options as an extra challenge.

Sorry to keep asking questions, but will it be possible to "remove" the mast-mounted FCR on the D model via hidden selections, etc? I may be wrong, but I think nowadays the AH-64D attack flights have only a handful of aircraft with the FCR mounted, and the rest simply use the data-linked target information from the radar-equipped birds to fire their Hellfires. Anyway, the option to have an AH-64D sans radome (via setobjecttexture) would be another great feature!

Best Regards biggrin_o.gif

Ok, I've updated the vehicle count:

AH-64A Apache (Olive Dab)

AH-64A Apache (Green)

AH-64A Apache (Gray)

AH-64A Apache (Desert)

AH-64D Apache (Olive Dab)

AH-64D Apache (Green)

AH-64D Apache (Gray)

AH-64D Apache (Desert)

AH-64D Apache (Olive Dab) AIM-9L

AH-64D Apache (Green) AIM-9L

AH-64D Apache (Gray) AIM-9L

AH-64D Apache (Desert) AIM-9L

AH-64D Longbow (Olive Dab)

AH-64D Longbow (Green)

AH-64D Longbow (Gray)

AH-64D Longbow (Desert)

AH-64D Longbow (Olive Dab) AIM-9L

AH-64D Longbow (Green) AIM-9L

AH-64D Longbow (Gray) AIM-9L

AH-64D Longbow (Desert) AIM-9L

They will be divided into the vehicle classes:

AH-64 Apache (Olive Dab)

AH-64 Apache (Green)

AH-64 Apache (Gray)

AH-64 Apache (Desert)

And each of these will contain 5 vehicles, for a total of 20. Now, this doesn't mean 20 models, there will only be 8 models, so you won't have to worry about the size of the addon. There will also be 4 wreck models (With 8 Different Wrecks). Thats all for now.

I don't see (Black) anywhere in there, and what the heck is Green? Gray? And Desert? Going with fiction again? wow_o.gifcrazy_o.gifunclesam.gif

This is sounding better by the minute!

I was curious, will it be possible to disable the ability to change loadouts in-game (with the H's, hangars, etc.)? Perhaps with a global boolean? This would be great for missions where maybe you would like to limit the player's options as an extra challenge.

Sorry to keep asking questions, but will it be possible to "remove" the mast-mounted FCR on the D model via hidden selections, etc? I may be wrong, but I think nowadays the AH-64D attack flights have only a handful of aircraft with the FCR mounted, and the rest simply use the data-linked target information from the radar-equipped birds to fire their Hellfires. Anyway, the option to have an AH-64D sans radome (via setobjecttexture) would be another great feature!

Best Regards  biggrin_o.gif

On that list you can see both AH-64D Apache and AH-64D Longbow where the later is the one with the Longbow FCR and the first without it.

I believe I did'nt get a reply to the salvo-settings. Will it be possible to select or predefine a certain amount of salvos for the Hydras? The real Apaches have 1x,2x,4x,8x,16x and all.

Btw when launching salvo is set to pairs(2x) they are always launched at the same time.

In the end every single one of the D-models will have the fire control radar and every single A-model will be upgraded to a D. I believe now prolly 1/3 or 1/4 of the US Apaches are full D-models (around 2-300 probably).

edit:

ah-64-Image31.gif

What I don't understand is that according to this FAS table only 1/3 of the D-models will have the FCR. According to a programme I saw on Discovery the US army's aim was to have it on every single one of them due to the added communication-capacity to other units and vehicles on the digital battlefield.

the current in service status of the FCR system is just about one in

two airframes are equipped to use the FCR IE it can me mounted on these airframes ...as i understand it it takes about 20 hours per ship to upgrade the systems and this can be done at an AVIM depot.

the reason for wanting a one to four ratio is crew workload as the longbows aim is to act as a battlespace management platform much like the Air Force's JSTARS platform.

it's just to bad a few of the longbow's cooler features can't be done here in ofp ..be nice to have a OH-58D Kiowa Warrior out running point four a four ship flight of d models and using ivis or ATHS (automatic target handoff system). imagine taking out a tank company with out a word being spoken between aircrews miles away. as tom clancy once said "it used to be if you can see a target you could kill it ..now if you can sense it you can kill it". also be nice to have a TACFIRE type setup

I was just thinking how about changing the explosive values of the chaingun so it still explodes but not that hard... more real cuz now its a full on blow all away explosion...

And how about some expended cartridges coming out of the gun, like the BAS blackhawks have? Maybee upgrading the looks of the weapon... rock.gif with ammo belt and such...

just things that pop up in meh mind which also would be soooo elite!

(everytime I shoot ppl they fly away due to the force of the round going off) in reality which you can see in various iraq combate footages you see ppl splat out, but not fly away....

blues.gif

Personally I'd like the explosion removed completely. Just have indirecthit to 12, indirecthitradius to .5 and directhit to ~50

No explosions is better than the flame-like explosion in OFP for the 30mm IMO

Personally I'd like the explosion removed completely. Just have indirecthit to 12, indirecthitradius to .5 and directhit to ~50

No explosions is better than the flame-like explosion in OFP for the 30mm IMO

FDF has the normal FX changed and I realy like the look of those, so I would like to keep the explosion.

The 30mm does explode and will create a small flash/flame. But it creates much more smoke and dust than a flash or flame.

I have a nice 30mm HE standing on my desk next to a 30mm from the Goalkeeper smile_o.gif

What I meant is that the BIS handgrenade poof does'nt look right for a 30mm HEDP. Sure there is some smoke and somewhat "flash" but more than anything you get alot of dirt thrown up. That's why I'd rather see no explosion at all than the default BIS flameball.

would be nice having some of the cool features of the FCR working.. sigh fond memories of janes longbow here

Isn't there a datalink (I think it's just a "knows about" function.. probably wrong though) in DKM's Tunguska? Would something like that allow remote targeting w/top attack so the missile doesnt smash into interveining countryside?

Might be worth asking the group for insight....

That would be a neat feature.. blues.gifghostface.gif

I was just thinking how about changing the explosive values of the chaingun so it still explodes but not that hard... more real cuz now its a full on blow all away explosion...

And how about some expended cartridges coming out of the gun, like the BAS blackhawks have?  Maybee upgrading the looks of the weapon... rock.gif with ammo belt and such...

just things that pop up in meh mind which also would be soooo elite!

(everytime I shoot ppl they fly away due to the force of the round going off) in reality which you can see in various iraq combate footages you see ppl splat out, but not fly away....

blues.gif

The chaingun is set to what I believe is a good enough hit/indirecthit/indirecthitrange setup. I agree about the BIS explosions, that is why I use FlashFX v1.8 in all my videos (it looks unbelievably real), and I recomend it for this addon  biggrin_o.gif , as for spent cartridges they are allready there you can see them in some of the pictures and videos I posted. You might have to look closley on the videos due to the lack of quality  wink_o.gif . BTW, have any of you guys even seen them? All three of them are posted on OFP.info if you guys havn't seen them I suggest you watch them. It might answer a few of your questions.

As shadow pointed out, there are 3 versions of each camo, A model, D model (no FCR) and D longbow model with FCR.

As for the black camo question, Gray is the black one (my texturer said that it was gray and not black so I called it black but it still looks really dark like black its in those pictures too). Green and Desert are offered for countries other than the US, I don't know how many times I explained this, Baz, you probably missed a few posts on page 14 and 15, I suggest you take a look.

Finaly to answer shadows salvo-settings question (I meant to answer this before srry), it will be possible, but I would like to warn you if I added different bursts for the weapons, you will have a shitload to cycle through in-game (pardon my language tounge_o.gif ).

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/?oblast=news&search=Apache

The Top 3 articles on that page contain the videos.

it will be possible, but I would like to warn you if I added different bursts for the weapons, you will have a shitload to cycle through in-game

How about a sub-menu on the action-menu?

Set salvo -> salvo single/salvo pairs/salvo 4x/salvo 8x/salvo 16x -> Close salvo-menu

Might be a problem after a few Hydras have been launched but how about being able to set it only when all pods are full?

That way no more weapon changes than normal.

Hmm..... er... um... I will consider it smile_o.gif . BTW, what do you guys think of the tail rotor failure shown in the video? biggrin_o.gif Eager to here some feedback biggrin_o.gif .

Ok I will make the default burst 2, and then have, er, how about a 4 burst, and an ALL mode (auto fire). This will only add 2 additional mode to cycle through in the weapons loadout.

Also, If anyone who is good at modeling wants to help out in any way, PM me (I'm looking for some help w/ that btw).

One thing. It doesn't show the landing of the heli after it hits the ground. One problem I noticed in earlier versions of ECP was the heli bouncing pretty high off the ground and then landing again.

Furthermore, and this is just a matter of personal interest. It would be nice if there was the ability to disable ai after the rotor failure enables so it's not just a fancy death spiral. Actually being able to abandon the vehicle and make a run for it would be nice. As it stands I'd see just a coaxial or mounted AA/machinegun pretty much tearing it to pieces before it even touches the ground.

Yes you are right it does preform a slight bouncing act but even using the setvelocity command won't fix it there just is no way to fix it sorry. Second, they do NOT die from tail rotor failure and enemy AI units cease fire on the chopper untill it lands on the ground (so you can't camp in your chopper w/ the m230 w/out being fired on), giving the crew just enough time to get the hell out of there.

Quote[/b] ]Second, they do NOT die from tail rotor failure and enemy AI units cease fire on the chopper untill it lands on the ground (so you can't camp in your chopper w/ the m230 w/out being fired on), giving the crew just enough time to get the hell out of there.

Excellent. That's all one could really hope for. Except for the fact that as soon as the helo touches on the ground and bounces... wouldn't that set off the ai? Is it a significant height that would prohibit crew from bailing out without falling too far and getting hit?

The bounce only goes up about 5m off the ground and then the apache lands saftley and is set to 90% damage and drained of fuel, only after the apache has touched the ground and stopped moving (for the most part, doesn't include slow slides down hills), the crew will jump out (pilot first of course tounge_o.gif ) and then most of the time the AI is scared shitless and runs as far away from the apache as they can before even thinking about engaging enemies (all depends on the AI's settings), smart thinking though cause I wouldn't want to be sitting next to an apache while it takes an RPG round tounge_o.gif .

Ok, since xnodunitx has been offline for a few days now, I am running low on things to do. I am still looking for help from someone who knows alot about modeling (and who is good at it) and I still need some more insignia and information on commonly used serial numbers. Shadow the rocket salvos do work better than I had expected, thanks for the suggestion  biggrin_o.gif  just a few more bugs to sort out with them though   rock.gif . I am still waiting on some apache pilots, and I havn't gotten any results from the person who was going to make some misc. models for me. If anyone can help me with anything at all, I would be greatfull because I have really not much to do at the moment untill I can get some of those things I mentioned.  sad_o.gif

Edit: Ok, I am pondering weather or not to make a beta release. Lets take a quick vote shall we? Who would like to see it released soon (by soon I mean within a couple of days), or would you guys want me to continue working untill I get mostly everything completed and then release (a week or two at the least).

Ok, since xnodunitx has been offline for a few days now, I am running low on things to do.

Okay, here's a tough cookie I'm not even sure is possible  biggrin_o.gif

Transfering a specific targets (target handoff) over to other AH-64D in the same group (force it up on their radar).

Maybe add a GPS-map like BAS did with their Chinooks and Blackhawks.

Being able to disable all scripts that can cause lag and/or desync in mp by specifying init-params (bool).

Working windscreen-whipers and a splash effect on the windows when it rains.

Remove the radar at the top and somehow transfer it to one of the MFDs. Also remove alt and speed indicators in the top left corner and add them to the MFDs (and to analogue instruments in the A-model).

(I bet you regret telling us you had nothing to do now) biggrin_o.gif

#1. Possible and will work on it

#2. I still can't do that without xnodunitx

#3. Don't worry bout that of course you can turn them off

#4. Um... er... this is OFP, not Half-Life 2 :P I don't know how in the world to simulate splashes in OFP, and it probably wouldn't look right, as for whipers, good for visuals but other than that pointless. I don't want to add any more polys to the model its allready too big I think biggrin_o.gif Ill see about doing that once I can reduce the model size.

#5. I don't quite understand what you mean.