Sign in to follow this  
***friendlyfire***

Terminator MOD?

Okay i am starting a MOD Terminator:battle for existance, it will have t800's with hovering HK's, I need add on makers all the way too scripters, I can already mission make and can create basic scripts, I can also do cinematics alone too, if you are intrested I will send you an instant message with the website editing address so we can post our newest units and all. The website has aa message board which we can discuss and exchange ideas on. Thanks smile_o.gif

please can any of you people help...

go to the website and contact me if you want a job then i can improve the site and the mod which is currently 0%

lol, there is no "YES" vote,but sure..why not.Make whatever you want

OKAY WHO WILL FEEL DEPRESSED THAX A LOT... the thing is i hope you just have no intrest with terminator, i watched the movies years ago and a few weeks ago thought it would run well with this engine

I can't talk black baron's language, i've tried

he speaks some english too wink_o.gif

I quote from an e-mail, i asked him when his new terminator model would be released he said this...

"From where get you the information of a new Terminator model? I hope soon!"

this ain't what i asked him

rock.gif

*cough* *cough*

Website... crazy_o.gif sorry to break it to you but its pretty horrid. Might i suggest you apply a new one?

Anyway, as far as your mod goes, this sounds like something OFP wouldnt relate to very well.. You need the Ability of ruins and destruction, which is something the OFP Engine (from what i've seen) dosnt handle well or make easy.. Theres that one dude, whats his name.. not Kegety but the other guy... well I cant remember his name atm, but he is making something to create holes in buildings and stuff... Try seeing if he can help you. ( I think his name started with Sgt. maybe rock.gif )

Quote[/b] ]I need add on makers

Whenever a new "mod" starts and this is in the opening statement...

I give it 1 week.

Quote[/b] ]I need add on makers

Whenever a new "mod" starts and this is in the opening statement...

I give it 1 week.

I made that request 3 months and 2 days ago. We didn't find anybody new, but we're still around.

its an interesting idea for a mod though, and well suited to small unit fighting and skirmishing. have a campaign trying to secure more advanced weapons..and with some of the post apocalypse maps people are making it might turn out worth playing .

Id offer my help but i dont think anyone wants deformed stick men for models that cause CTD all the time wink_o.gif

People want to start mods all the time. I suggest that if you are serious about makeing a mod then you should learn too model and once you have some working addons then ask people to help you. I like the idea for your mod but I think you should get the ball rolling your self then maybe people will jump on board. unclesam.gif

Exactly.

Quote[/b] ]I made that request 3 months and 2 days ago. We didn't find anybody new, but we're still around.

Well you can miss my point if you want. But the post above tells it like it is.

Exactly. I've seen mods that had inexperienced addonmakers fail time and time again sad_o.gif

As a mod/addonteam leader you have to master at least 2 of the 5 most important skills (modelling, texturing, scripting and configs, missionmaking, website building).

Also it helps if you can ''sell'' your mod so people will be faster to join. Screenshots of nice textured units help alot.

The idea for the Terminator mod sounds interesting, although you will inevitably bump into some engine ''limitations''.

Good luck smile_o.gif

All I want is an accurate t800 model and a HK (flying version). smile_o.gif

*but yes, I also see this mods lifespan being short.

Cap.

We don't need two threads about the same thing, Terminator thread merged into the poll.

It could be a very interesting project imo. Ruins and stuff is already there for a 1st version, now all you need would be

- a good T800 model

- a flying HK (shoots Shilka ammo)

- this HK-tank (dunno name exactly, also Shilka ammo)

- a ruined desert island

If i were you i wouldn't try to start the story with huge cities that get destroyed, OpF wouldn't handle that too good (someone mentioned that). I'd start the campaign with a small human resistance group in 2029. Missions could be patrols, search & recover weapons & food & vehicles, defence, moving to other hiding places, recon, attack skynet outposts, contact other resistance groups etc etc.

Maybe there are still websites for Terminator:Future Shock (1995) available ? It was a pretty good shooter, one of the first where you could steer your head freely with your mouse.

[edit]

Oh, and don't name it Terminator or Skynet or something, these names are copyrighted. Name it Resistance 2029 or whatever. biggrin_o.gif

And you don't need a website, a forum will do for now.

sounds like a good idea but if it's gonna be based on the movies I think it'll be a little boring. well maybe the minigun scene from T2 tounge_o.gif

HK - Hunter Killer

its the big tank that has that torso liek turret

the AHK Aerial Hunter Killer is the flying one