Sign in to follow this  
Rhodite

Project UK Forces

no, the largest texture we use is 2048x2048 - but pushing up the texture slider can improve people experiencing mip map texturing on our addons.

Another week (well close enough) another news blog for you gents:

Quote[/b] ]

UKF NEWS

16th March 2006

Again another week of news!

Continuing our weekly updates, today we're showcasing CVRT Pack 1, which contains the Scimitar and Scorpion. This pack started life as a Scorpion addon being made by Bennyboy, many of you may remember the thread in the off topic section (it's still there!wink_o.gif. BennyBoy joined UKF on the back of the work he put into this addon and since then it has expanded to be the base model for most of the range of CVRT vehicles being made by UKF.

The Scorpion was the backbone of the CVRT series, but is no longer in use with British forces, in fact around 9 or 10 vehicles (if you count prototypes) sprung up from the Scorpion hull. The Scorpion proved very successful, it had renowned low ground pressure tracks, and was even deployed during the Falklands conflict where boggy terrain and bad conditions would have prevented any other amour from operating.

The Scorpion fired a 76mm Shell, in HEAT, HESH, and cannister (like a large shotgun round) meaning it could pack a punch.

Many Scorpions were upgraded to have a fox turret, complete with 30mm Rarden canon and a chaingun fitted, these became Sabres. The Sabre has been all but...

as per usual, the rest of the news, and some screenshots can be found at our website:

http://www.project-ukf.com

biggrin_o.gif

Looking good.Will that slat armour be implemented?

Yeah I know Mess.. Just letting you know what that guy means by slat armour..

It's the one on the hill nener.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Isn't that slat armour on the second vehicle in the second pic,no,do I need glasses. sad_o.gif

lol, if by slat armour you mean the rpg fences, then yes, the rear vehicle in the second pic has it smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

LOL, I knew it to be slat armour,funny none the less,sry for my confusion.And to think I have only been at work for 2 hours now,geez I need some coffee.

Your Scimitars a looking pretty good.  I have been a big fan of the CVR(T) family for many years.  I am particularly interested in the vehicles that appear in Operation Granby/Operation Desert Sabre paint schemes.  Will there be vehicles marked for both the 4th Armoured Brigade and the 7th Armoured Brigades, or are the markings going to be generic?

Will this pack coverer how they appeared in the 1980s?  I ask because I noticed in the past that some of you had signatures that featured a picture of one (a Scorpion if I remember correctly) with early idlers and early drive sprockets.

the pack will cover the scimitars and scorpians from the scorpians last deployment up to the present day scimitars....

this will basically include generic Op Granby Vehicles (Desert Storm for everyone getting a little confused), Generic 'NATO' vehicles, and the current TELIC vehicles, including 'invasion' and 'occupation' versions (and their associated modifications)

@ Mar. 17 2006,06:50)]I noticed in the past that some of you had signatures that featured a picture of one (a Scorpion if I remember correctly) with early idlers and early drive sprockets.

the only reason they where the early idlers and early drive sprockets, is because we didnt have any ref. photos. However Benny has now got some, and we have changed them to the newer type Wheels

Thanks for answering those questions Massiah and SWIFT88.  Will any vehicles be equipped with the smaller headlights, or will they all have the larger ones as your current screenshots depict?  I can provide any dimensions that you need.  I happen to have one in my possession at the moment.

If you guys do not already have it, I can also provide a scan of the gunner’s reticule.

bennyboy is currently in charge of the CVRT pack 1 project, so I am unsure of his intentions with the headlights, however it cant hurt to have more info on the cvrt, so those dimensions and that reticule scan would be great smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]If you guys do not already have it, I can also provide a scan of the gunner’s reticule.

if you could please

Please PM me the email address that you want me to use.  Since your last posting Messiah (and now SWIFT88), I scanned in some things that may be of interest.  I have 7 scanned-in images that are ready to go.

Any other CVRT scans would be ideal too if you have any M9ACE smile_o.gif

Hi jefec, Do you still need interior pictures of the FV104 Samaritan?

I know a guy that has an operational Scorpion (he gave me a ride in it last year). Also, I know another guy that has a FV105 Sultan, but I do not know him as well as the first guy, so access to that will be a little harder (but I am hoping to be able to visit him sometime). The Sultan currently has engine trouble, but I hope to get a ride in it later this year.