Sign in to follow this  
Thunderbird

FlashFX replacement Units

I waited for this to come out. Thanks alot! i didn't managed to get it working as a mod before but this will do it.

Thanks , so you may not wait a lot of time biggrin_o.gif , good news...

The pack is out

*I once again thank all people who helped me, who supported me and who followed me, I arrive a little at the end of this small adventure, I exceeded myself, before I begin it was a small dream to be at the sides of the Big script writers Kurayami and pappy Boyinghton, here, I complete my 4 working weeks by this pack which contains everything ,

so thanks again to all people , I hope that everything will work correctly without any problem.

smile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

Please go to the first page

Here

Anyway, my question is that why do you use the T80UE for the T80? And why do you use the T72B for the T72..? AFAIK the BIS T80 is supposed to portray the T80BV will the older era variant, but the T80U and T80UE have the never variant of ERA that looks differant.. To match the 1980-85 era you should use the T80BV of sigmas tank pack instead of the T80UE...

The same goes for the T72: the T72B/BM is a new uparmoured version. The BIS model has no ERA except the weird blocks on the front of the turret, from the T72M1CZ. My guess is that BI modeled their vehicles after Czhech vehicles and as such the russians in the game use the T72M1Cz.. Regardless, it should be the T72M1 that should be used instead of the T72B/BM.

I do absolutly agree with DigitalCenturion. Your choices are for most of them wrong and only shows historical amateurism (nothing to say about technical skills, the job done is really huge and speaks by itself).

Quote[/b] ]*The objectif of this mod is to replace BIS units in all sides by the best addons respecting the year of 1985 , to be able to play very realistic campaigns with new units

Your mod's goal is to replace BIS' Cold War Crisis units by new high quality models (among the best in my opinion) and scripts.

Cold War Crisis is happening in 1985, and resistance a few years before. CWC1985 lasts from May, the 8th to July, the 10th.

The first mission with M1A1 tanks happens June the 9th.

In OFP's manual, soviet tanks are described as the T-80BV and the T-72M1.

Quote[/b] ]I didn't have too the choice because it was also necessary to change the obsolete models of BIS by another thing, the pack of Sigma doesn't offer much choice, I was a little constrained there to be able to distinguish between the soviet tanks and the tanks from resistance

There's no constraint. I don't know if you used some units you claimed to use (M1A2, M2A2,...), but here is a lesson not to be forgotten :

Quote[/b] ]*INQ for the M1A2

*US M2A2 : Combat M2A2

*RU T-72 : SIG T-72B/Kontakt ERA

*RU T-80 : SIG T-80UE

=> As few data is available about the T-80UE, here are some about the T-80U, a more common model :

- The first T-80U tanks were built in 1987.

- The first time, the T-80U was officially seen by NATO was in 1989. That's why the T-80U was called by NATO through STANAG designation SMT M-1989.

- No T-80U, and more important, no T-80UE in 1985

=> The T-72B with ERA (truly available in Sigma pack), oldly called T-72M2 in Western Europ :

- the first T-72B (old type) were built in 1985.

- The ERA type, nowadays the T-72BV, was first identified by NATO as the SMT M-1988 , in... 1988. US Army sometimes called it FST-1 or Future Soviet Tank.

- So NATO had never seen a T-72BV before... 1988.

=> About Abrams :

- The first M1A1 units went out of production line in August 1985, thus a month after the Cold War Crisis. I'll add thaht their crew wouldn't be able to use this tanks immediatly without serious training course.

- The M1A1 HA Abrams (Heavy Armor, using Depleted Uranium to strenghten the frontal turret armor against the new soviet KE rounds ) appeared in 1991.

- The first batch (62 tanks) of M1A2 Abrams (from whom 19 were prototypes) appeared in 1992.

- The second batch of M1A2 was only available in 1999.

- Thus, in 1985, during Cold War Crisis, without M1A1 able to be on the islands, US Army would only use M60A3 Patton and M1IP Abrams (Improved Production. One of the improvement is the strenghtening of the frontal turret armor, but without Depleted Uranium), armed with the M68 L7 105 mm gun (the same as the M60A3).

=> M2/M3 Bradleys :

- Production of A2 models started in May 1988, and first units were available in October 1988. The first batch was still having the 500 HP engine.

- The second batch started in May 1989, and among many improvements the replacement of its 500 HP engine by a 600 HP one.

- So, no A2 model in 1985.

=> M113A3 APC :

- M113A3 production commenced in early 1987, and US Army started receiving theses vehicles in the summer of 1987.

- Only M113A2 and M113A1 (10,260 A1 General Purpose, 874 A2 GP & 1048 A3 GP models available in the US Army in March 1989) are available in 1985 for CWC.

I don't need any thanks, help yourself. But if you want to make a realistic mod, you'd better find a nice boy able to give you reliable data.

SPQR If those Models are availible to Download im sure Thunderbird would have used them also he stated he was staying true the year 1985 in the game not in the real world, thus if BIS say the Abrahms was in use in 1985 in the game then for the game they where.

The Link on the first page is unavailable, bandwith exceeded.\

CTD is back but only after a couple of hours of playing most probably my comp on this one (CTI uses a lot of power)

Anyhows i was wondering if there are anyplans to replace certain weapons like the Bizon with a suppressed AKsu XMs with M4 and such? also the Cobra stays as thre standard BIS one not the Vit one.

Also i dont get your new GUI when i load up the MP config? is that just for single player?

But im very impressed and i love it Weeeeeeeeeee o_O

SPQR If those Models are availible to Download im sure Thunderbird would have used them also he stated he was staying true the year 1985 in the game not in the real world, thus if BIS say the Abrahms was in use in 1985 in the game then for the game they where.

When one pretends something, we've got the right to received what was intended to be given.

Read-Me

Quote[/b] ]*The objectif of this mod is to replace BIS units in all sides by the best addons respecting the year of 1985 , to be able to play very realistic campaigns with new units

It's not because BIS twisted reality in order to balance the game (Reality wasn't their priority), that other can twist reality while claiming on the other hand "The objectif of this mod is to replace BIS units in all sides by the best addons respecting the year of 1985 ".

And, better visual quality adapted tanks ARE available :

T-80 Tank Pack by Sigma-6 for the T-80BV.

Tank Pack by Sigma-6 for the T-72M1 (i.e. soviet T-72A, as described by BIS in its manual).

Hi warden smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The Link on the first page is unavailable, bandwith exceeded.\

You'll get a new mirror in few hours , Silent N deadly is updating a new one wink_o.gif and I'll come in few days with new enhancements ...I'm just waiting the RHS pack and the incoming apache...

To get a working GUI you may download the full pack,I've fixed everything... a fixed mirror will be ready in few time wink_o.gif

to SPQR

It's impossible to apply a perfect realism, the version of the T72M1 that I've applied for the east side,doesn't exist in resistance side using another camouflage to be able to differentiate the 2 and I've the same problem with the T80,for this principal reason I'm waiting the RHS incoming Packs before to come with new enhancements...

secondly, the M1A1 was selected like tank by BIS to carry out the large combat, it's not my fault if BIS has integrated it in the game, but if I remove the abrams, how to play the missions and the campaigns???

One should not exaggerate with realism, I did everything to bring me closer as of the time, I passed the nights to study the various models to be able to know to bring closer enough the models at the years 1980-1985

and to finish, the models which I chose have the principal goal to approach at the maximum to the reality by respecting the data of BIS and by integrating the effects of FlashFX,

I am not MOD WGL, I don't have any military adviser , I work alone , and I don't have especially to thank you for anything. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]respecting the year of 1985

smile_o.gifsmile_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.giftounge_o.giftounge_o.gif

If you didn't fear to get closer, far more or less ...

The first M84s were built... in late 1984 wow_o.gif

Iraqi T-72M has also a different... color xmas_o.gif

Thus, it's BIS fault rock.gif

I would like very much a USS Entreprise as a plane for West, with troops wearing pyjamas... After all, "Star Trek The Motion Picture" went on screen in 1979, near 1985 ghostface.gif

secondly, the M1A1 was selected like tank by BIS to carry out the large combat, it's not my fault if BIS has integrated it in the game, but if I remove the abrams, how to play the missions and the campaigns???

If you use SIG's US tank pack, there is already an M1IP included in it with the 105mm main gun. It would be easy to swap this for the M1A1 wouldn't it? smile_o.gif

If you use SIG's US tank pack, there is already an M1IP included in it with the 105mm main gun. It would be easy to swap this for the M1A1 wouldn't it? smile_o.gif

I couldn't have said it better wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

If you didn't fear to get closer, far more or less ...

The first M84s were built... in late 1984 wow_o.gif

Iraqi T-72M has also a different... color xmas_o.gif

Thus, it's BIS fault rock.gif

I would like very much a USS Entreprise as a plane for West, with troops wearing pyjamas... After all, "Star Trek The Motion Picture" went on screen in 1979, near 1985

your humour is bad taste, especially when your arguments decrease, the single exit which remains to leave your bad situation is to make fun...

smile_o.gif

you, you see an Iraqi tank on the islands of BIS with a

camouflage desert? stop your jokes smile_o.gif

What's better?

to modify the version of the tank by another model of the same version with a similar appearance?

or to exaggerate by applying a camouflage completely diffrent , it's ridicile .

You don't know all the necessary work which was necessary for me to come to pose to me your criticisms and your mockeries with a single aim of destabilizing, it's immature, and all the ideas are good for you to come to irritate me

Quote[/b] ]If you use SIG's US tank pack, there is already an M1IP included in it with the 105mm main gun. It would be easy to swap this for the M1A1 wouldn't it?

I've noticed that , I've totaly missed this addon wink_o.gif

thanks , it'll be present in the incoming patch smile_o.gif

your humour is bad taste, especially when your arguments decrease, the single exit which remains to leave it is to make fun...

Is it worse than hiding his own lack of research, focusing on a single tank, hoping that this only point will hide the others lacks ?

Moreover, captured T-80 and T-72 are only available with Resistance (year before CWC) and T-80U or even T-72B ever

existed then... wow_o.gif

I couldn't never have imagined in my hottest dreams more funnier than that and "respecting the year of 1985" tounge_o.gif

I gonna die if you continue biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

stop insisting , mad_o.gif

I haven't the choice, except to change the version of the model but now you'll immediately stop provocating mad_o.gif

, your goal is to devalue all work, to make fun you free without evoking all the positive points of my MOD, you come to seek the small spine which is in an ocean, it's immature of your share.

your criticisms aren't posed, aren't intelligent, your criticisms are stupid and free, and I ask the modos to get you down , it's not because you are a soldier and that it's necessary that you believe yourself higher mad_o.gif

Concerning the CTD , the source of this problem is "the script of blood" wich uses all the PC memory ...

I'll remove it in the incoming patch

The pack isn't even done uploading yet and your already planning patches. crazy_o.giftounge_o.gif

And yeah the pack is probaly still going...Im at school right now, and my computer at home is doing the work. biggrin_o.gif Sure takes a long time.

biggrin_o.gif

Thanks silent N deadly

smile_o.gif

@Shadow : sorry but the ftp has removed my pack, I really don't know why sad_o.gif , only me and silent N Deadly 've got it , he's uploading it ...

he 'll give a mirror at 3:00 pm pacific time wink_o.gif

sorry you may wait few hours...

But Good news , for the incoming patch , I'll introduce the grass script

so you'll have something like that over all islands smile_o.gif

grass3b.jpg

Thunderbird, take no notice of that spqr geezer! It seems to me like he's trying to wind you up. Keep up the good work old chap rock.gif

Thanks I'll continue smile_o.gif

, I won't waste more my time with him,If he starts again his provocations, I would contact the moderators immediately, moreover he continues his provocations by pm, but I won't answer, I have much more significant to make than to waste my time with a frustrated wink_o.gif

Cool that you will include the grass script. biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Now i don't have to activate the script myself or type a lot in the init fileds.

edit* where are the gods of this forum?Help the mod maker!