Sign in to follow this  
csj

Bushranger BETA release

Giving all Iroquois an overhaul

fixing or improving most concerns

Will also add insignia texture placemats so mission maker can add a flavour to the hueys.

If there is/are particular units you wish added

let me know - add pics

well, i wanted to ask if you could add some custom, changeable markings like the ones on the sebnam-choppers? That would be very nice... "Hell from above"... wink_o.gif

I'm very glad to hear that the choppers are getting reworked. They're probably the best ones out.

I was wondering, have you ever considered making some 20th SOS Green Hornet Hueys? I'm sure you know which ones I mean CSJ.

IIRC, (can't check from my books atm since they're somewhere else) they used the UH1-F model huey, and some of those were modded with dual miniguns on the doorside and rocket pods. My god the firepower. Even though the maintance was a nightmare with those, they had more power than the regular army Hueys, and thus could get out of LZ's faster. Perfect for extracting SOG RT's from tight situations.

Phillcommando made a Huey pack not that long ago, which had a camo Huey that resembled the camo paint that the Green Hornets had. And, I'm sure there's some pics of them on the net too and a experienced texturer could easily make such a camo scheme.

Thoughts? smile_o.gif

HawkinsDaFin

Quote[/b] ]

I was wondering, have you ever considered making some 20th SOS Green Hornet Hueys?

Serveral ppl have asked and I do have a model started around here somewhere.

I have permission to use Vlados's 134 mini on hueys so when I get a chance I will throw one on SeaWolfs, and bird in question etc.

Quote[/b] ] and a experienced texturer could easily make such a camo scheme

would be a dream come true to find someone that enjoys texturing xmas_o.gif coz its my biggest hate and time consumer.

-----------

While I am here

I am searching for pics re nose art and sidings for

Lifts: Road Runners ,  Ramrods and Mustangs

Guns: Falcons and Alleycats

if someone could help out there  smile_o.gif

--

just found Road Runners and Ramrods

Sweet, thanx HawkinsDaFin

I just got hold of the falcons - diff search engine helped.

thanks gunfighter-6

Should be right now.

A lot of the units had different patches as to the units insignia on there birds.

one problem with the changable insigs is the quailty of the pics. No matter how clear and sharp a .paa is, it always shows a bit blured when 'setobjecttexture' is used.

Very disapointing, a lot of great units just do not work well using this method.

The only way to get a clear insignia is to preset it into the model pbo.

insigs.jpg

mkatpod.jpg

Just about done with insignia on birds

What  have ended up with are

92nd AHC - Stallions and Sidekicks

114th AHC - Knights and Cobras

118th AHC - Thunderbirds and Bandits

121st AHC - Tigers and Vikings

175th AHC - Outlaws and Mavericks

176th AHC - Minuteman/Muskets

187th AHC - Crusaders and BlackHawks

191st AHC - Boomerangs and Bounty Hunters

240th AHC - Greyhounds and Maddogs

282nd AHC -Blackcat and AlleyCats

336th AHC - Warriors and T-Birds

and a few others including hopefully the 135th and maybe dolphins and sharks 174th AHC

interchangable sigs are

noseart - pilot and co doors - r/pod - tactical on boom and signage on main fuselage

Sweet! Excellent work! Can't wait to get them. smile_o.gif A lot of variations, which increases realism, which makes researching a must when making missions! And I love it! biggrin_o.gif

SWEET! But I have two questions for you;

-will you finally fix the issue that made items on the helicopter appear/diappear when looking trhouh the rotorblades? This can simply be done by selecting the blurred-rotorblades-plane and click [planes > move top]

this issue really bothered me and is such an easy fix.

-will you use a higher-poly M60 model? It's not bad, but the M60's could be better. I know this may take a lot of work, but the helicopters are VERY detailed and the M60's just stand out a bit, because they are low-detail and the mount and ammo-boxes are also low-detail.

The first issue is the most important one. If the M60 don't get changed it wouldn't be a disaster.  smile_o.gif

going on with wat frostbte said, the rate of fire needs to be lowered. At the moment it fires like a minigun.

I agree with Frostbite and BatDog. But I'm looking forward to the release....very nice helicopters! smile_o.gif

very nice looking choppers, cant wait for these smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]-will you finally fix the issue that made items on the helicopter appear/diappear when looking trhouh the rotorblades? This can simply be done by selecting the blurred-rotorblades-plane and click [planes > move top]

and it worked, thanks

Quote[/b] ]the rate of fire needs to be lowered

done

Quote[/b] ]-

-will you use a higher-poly M60 model? It's not bad, but the M60's could be better. I know this may take a lot of work, but the helicopters are VERY detailed and the M60's just stand out a bit, because they are low-detail and the mount and ammo-boxes are also low-detail.

ditto

Have removed windup sound when starting game mid air as suggested by Warrior Xâ„¢

Tail boom on H model has been stretched, it was a bit short.

and the 174th now has teeth biggrin_o.gif

You're the forever living master of Huey's mate. You're doing a superb job. smile_o.gif

If it's not too much trouble, could you tease us with a few pics? wink_o.gif

I am not too good with the 'Box Brownie' but these pics will give some idea of texture placemats

sharks.jpg

sabre.jpg

ol.jpg

121.jpg

tbird.jpg

crazy_o.gif wohooo!!! Sweet babies...

edit:

I would propose a new member title for you... something like "God of th jungle"... wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]-will you finally fix the issue that made items on the helicopter appear/diappear when looking trhouh the rotorblades? This can simply be done by selecting the blurred-rotorblades-plane and click [planes > move top]

and it worked, thanks

Quote[/b] ]the rate of fire needs to be lowered

done

Quote[/b] ]-

ditto

Have removed windup sound when starting game mid air as suggested by Warrior Xâ„¢

Tail boom on H model has been stretched, it was a bit short.

and the 174th now has teeth biggrin_o.gif

WOW wow_o.gif THANKS biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifnotworthy.gif

and btw;

That looks awesome. Really makes it a bad-ass vietnam bird biggrin_o.gif

I really love these hueys. By far the best in the OFP world and this update will only make them better. Good job! smile_o.gif

I made these up this morning coz I needed them.

Three different style revetments for the birds, I will add new objects to these later on.(when I need 'em)

Should be available on a few different OFP sites soon, emails have been sent.

rev3.jpg

rev.jpg

rev2.jpg

Those barricades look very cool - are they in long lengths or in an 'L' shape? yay.gif

Sorry if this has been asked before - is a current Aussie Huey on the cards? smile_o.gif

Huey.jpg

Quote[/b] ]are they in long lengths or in an 'L' shape?

Just 'L' atm, I will add straight lengths after.

Quote[/b] ]is a current Aussie Huey on the cards?

Not by myself but several mods have had permission to use my base Iroquois model to develope, I thought something would have been released by now along thoughs lines.

i love those sharks, i love all your work man! amazing!

finaly i see realy good teeth on sharkyes... smile_o.gif