Sign in to follow this  
FischKopp

Semper Fidelis

... it seem that i´ve gone crazy´, but i´m in love with this vehicle biggrin_o.gif ...

Just like me man, just like me wink_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

How come it's that BIG? How big is a single model file? You've to take into account that after binarization model sizes will decrease.

Note that it needs a lot of models.

23 HMMWV's means 23 models.Unless some are done with hidden selections.

but since you also need to do the desert and woodland it means 46 models. That's gonna make it huge. Textures also take up space. But 200mb means around 3mb per model?? That's a bit big.

But anyway; my dsl will have no problem with that, so just bring it on! smile_o.gif

yes I won't have a problem either (broadband hehe) but what about people with slower net connections? sad_o.gif

what about people with slower net connections? sad_o.gif

we got something called patience biggrin_o.gif

but ya, those hmmwv's are cool smile_o.gif

A bit overkill maybe, PBO size matters to me has i try to keep my mod/addon folders relatively small in size, im cautious just not to make my system go fubar or crash, many varients wont have that much use like the MP or the ambulance ones imo, its you call anyway, just hope we can use them with other addons without having a 1 gig mod folder wink_o.gif .

I got DSL, so the filesize will not be a problem. People with 56k modem should ask friends that have a broadband internet connection to download and burn that addon pack on a cd. I`ve downloaded addons on my friends computers for years before I got my own DSL connection. smile_o.gif

Maybe a bad news ... the HMMWV pack will be very, VERY BIG! At the mom it will have a size uncompressed about 200 MB ... wow_o.gif ... don´t know how many it will be then it is compressed.

The pack will have 23 HMMWV´s in desert camo and 23 HMMWV´s in woodland camo. That makes a total count of 46 HMMWV versions!

... it seem that i´ve gone crazy´, but i´m in love with this vehicle biggrin_o.gif ...

For variations of the same vehicle, it seems a bit big, maybe using hiddenselections on a same model would have been usefull to cut down the number of models ?

You can separate your hmmwv huge pack in 2 different ones : the woodland pack and the desert pack , at least it would cut the size in 2 for the users that will use only woodland or only desert versions.

@:Sanctuary: the problem is that hidden selections do not work with Geo/FireGeo/View LOD. It is a little bit funny if you can´t shot the driver of HMMWV without doors. I stay with the pack cos to do seperate would means more work cos i have to change the texture paths which is a fucking shit work.

Maybe a bad news ... the HMMWV pack will be very, VERY BIG! At the mom it will have a size uncompressed about 200 MB ...   wow_o.gif  ... don´t know how many it will be then it is compressed.

The pack will have 23 HMMWV´s in desert camo and 23 HMMWV´s in woodland camo. That makes a total count of 46 HMMWV versions!

... it seem that i´ve gone crazy´, but i´m in love with this vehicle  biggrin_o.gif  ...

what variants exactly are you making? I can't even think of 23 versions of the hmmwv!!

Here is the list of the HMMWV that you can expect in the pack. In desert and woodland camo. You also can see that the list differs from the FK_HMMWV. Some types are dropped, some added.

M998 HMMWV

M998 HMMWV (patrol)

M998 HMMWV (no doors)

M988 HMMWV (open)

M997 HMMWV (maxi ambulance)

M1025 HMMWV (M240G)

M1025 HMMWV (M240G, with shield)

M1025 HMMWV (M2HB)

M1025 HMMWV (M2HB, with Shield)

M1025 HMMWV (Mk. 19)

M1025 HMMWV (Mk. 19, with shield)

M1037 HMMWV (shelter carrier)

M1043 HMMWV (M2HB)

M1043 HMMWV (M2HB, with shield)

M1043 HMMWV (Mk. 19)

M1043 HMMWV (Mk. 19, with shield)

M1045 HMMWV (TOW-2)

M1097 HMMWV (cargo)

M1097 HMMWV (cargo, open)

M1097 HMMWV (cargo, open, patrol)

M1114 HMMWV (M2HB)

M1116 HMMWV (M2HB)

AVENGER

SpecOps HMMWV

From page 1 of this thread, Fischkopps second post wink_o.gif

Those helmets do look amazing!

One suggetsion:

I would prefer this helmet for heli-pilots:

aas.sized.jpg

But it´s only because I like this one biggrin_o.gif

Those helmets do look amazing!

One suggetsion:

I would prefer this helmet for heli-pilots:

img]http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/albums/album92/aas.sized.jpg[/img]

But it´s only because I like this one  biggrin_o.gif

Dude, that's the same helmet as he made. FK only has the visor up and a camo-cover (camo-covers are VERY common among Marine pilots).

Perhaps it's a good idea to make one (heli)helmet with the visor down?

Oh, I haven´t seen that it´s the same helmet... crazy_o.gif

A version with the visor down would be really nice. smile_o.gif

@Fk;

on the M1116 turret;

http://www.af.mil/media/photodb/photos/050217-F-9085B-002.jpg

It this doesn't do the job. than I don't know what will wink_o.gif

It seems they sometimes install the gunshield aswell (as seen on the M1114). But the turret you posted seems to be wrong (at least the gunshield part)

http://www.web-upload.de/data/media/38/hummer10.jpg

@Fk;

on the M1116 turret;

http://www.af.mil/media/photodb/photos/050217-F-9085B-002.jpg

It this doesn't do the job. than I don't know what will wink_o.gif

It seems they sometimes install the gunshield aswell (as seen on the M1114). But the turret you posted seems to be wrong (at least the gunshield part)

http://www.web-upload.de/data/media/38/hummer10.jpg

Fk and I talked about this affair a few days ago, and he fixed it; but any way thank you.

Theoretical you can exspect every vehicle of USMC. I think these kind of question are not avoidable. Therefore i will post a list what i have in mind so everyboy (i hope) will stop asking.

Car:

HMMWV (diffrent versions)

IFAV

M923A3 (non-armed and armed version)

MTVR (     "             "           "        )

HTTV

M151 MUTT

LVS (Mk.14 and Mk. 17)

Armored:

M1A1 Abrams

M60A3 Patton

LAV (diffrent versions)

AAAV Aligator

AAVP-7A1 Amtrac

Artillery:

M198

XM777

M252

M224

LAV-M

Support:

LAV (diffrent versions)

AAVP (diffrent versions)

M88A2 Hercules

HMMWV (diffent versions)

M923A3 (diffrent versions)

Air:

AV-8B Harrier II [Plus]

KC-130 Hercules

CH-53E/D Super/Sea Staillion

CH-46 Seahnight

UH-1N/Y Iroquois

AH-1 W/Z Super Cobra/Viper

MV-22 Osprey

But don´t believe that i can do this alone ... *rofl* ... I will do the vehicles i´m intrested in to do. That mean that you better don´t ask about status or to do this please as next addon.

Don´t forget i´m the only active modeler in this Addon Studio.

thx, i´m out

Great work FishKopp and the others!

But the Jet-Pilots also use Camo on their helmets, thats because they make their "Basic Training" (german word -> Grundausbildung) with the Grunts, so they show them they are not better as the 08/15 Grunt (I've seen that in TV)

What about the LAV's?

MfG Sauce-Trash ghostface.gif

@FischKopp

Just a suggestion, I know this wouldn't exactly relieve a lot of pressure on you for the projects you're trying to undertake, but perhaps if you were to not pursue the UH-1N/Y Iroquois as Prep. H has done several versions already and if someone else were to try and convert the already existing V-22 Osprey addon (complete and edit) maybe that would make for a faster and easier USMC air addon process?

@marine26thmeu: Yeah, I will do that ... but they would need new tex and some editing in model.

I´d never said i will not use exiting addons.

Yeah, I never said you wouldn't use existing addons, but when you put up the list of the projects I never saw before that you said you would try to use existing works. And I understand that you would want the textures to be matching. I'm glad Semper Fidelis Studios is making headway, the progress although spaced is justified as you're the only modeler compared to the past attempts at other mods which never really showed any work to back up their existence, rather just got a lot of people worked up and asking what was going on.