Sign in to follow this  
Triglav

US Civil War Mod ver.1.0 Beta Released

Also there is a train already out but its not a steam train thoug.

Right, but both the Russian Liberation mod that made the movie and the Invasion of Europe (used to be Invasion of France) mods are doing WWII steam trains that, I think, WOULD fit right in with this mod.

What I wouldn't give for a map and a mission that retold the story of The General! For those of you who don't know, in the War Between the States a steam engine was stolen...

http://www.locomotivegeneral.com/links.html

http://www.andrewsraid.com/index.html

Quote[/b] ]the bull run campaign was excellent!

the only problem i had (and its not the mission makers)

was that on the second mission I couldnt load my weapon!

this needs to be addressed!

is it the melee option?. If It Is then get rid of it. Its nice

to see but its not really nessesary. the bayonet option is more than enough.

Give me 60 rounds and the bayonet option and thats all I need.

thats my 2 cents.

bigus

I have depboed that campaign and looked at that mission my self. I made sure there was not anything in the players init and there was not. I deleted and placed that same unit again and attached that unit to the trigger it was attached to, and it worked just fine. So this is not a Modification error, this is user error. Im not going to be quick to the gun to get rid of something just because one little incedent occured.

Im not going to be quick to the gun to get rid of something just because one little incedent occured.

Thats the problem, this isn't the first time this has

happened in fact it happens all to often.

I'll play a mission then play it again and it seems

like the second time i play i'm SOL.

I'm gunna track this too try and pin down

the exact problem. I wasn't saying it was the Melee

option but everything now points in that direction.

I also depbo'ed the campaign. same thing ...1st mission was

ok but the next time I couldn't load any ammo.Who knows

maybe there's a conflict on my computer.

bigus

Who knows maybe there's a conflict on my computer.

If so, it's on mine as well. It's a fine campaign, it'd just be interesting to figure this one out...

My Webpage

last update to the oakridge mission.

you can now control multiple squads.

a big thanks to Miniroll for this 1.

there might be a bit of a conflict if you have

set waypoints.

fixed artillery addaction as well ....I hope.

I'm hoping to use this now as a template for

other missions. all i need to do i hope is copy and paste

then change the beginning and ending + waypoints

bigus

I have to commend ProfTournesol's hard work in making the cannon mobile on the battlefield! Here is a cool screenshot he sent me biggrin_o.gif

TowingCanon.jpg

Will scripts be included in the addon or the player has to activate them himself with triggers?

Quote[/b] ]Will scripts be included in the addon or the player has to activate them himself with triggers?

Well, in fact the canon is towed by a script (just an exec in its init line), but once the crew board the canon, it is automatically animated to come to a fire position... wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]A black soldier in Blue?
A black officer... tounge_o.gif

You do not expect him to go to war wearing a loincloth, do you ?

But serious, an estimated 186 000 negroes served in blue, mostly in completely "black" units that usually had white officers and were called "United States Colored Troops"

The only two exceptions here were the Fifty-fourth and Fifty-fifth Massachusetts regiments.

Historically one would not expect a single black soldier, rather than a complete unit, we just did not consider it worthy to go out of our way to prevent that.

So don't be surprised to see colored folks now and then.

Who knows, at least three chinese soldiers fought in Gettysburg, so you might run into one of these some day. smile_o.gif

For those who are ignorant(not negative) about blacks during the CW...

Alot of the black units were renamed to *number* USCT (i.e. 1st Louisiana Native Guards to the 73rd U.S. Colored Infantry Regiment and 1st South Carolina Colored Infantry (red pants) to 33rd U.S. Colored Infantry Regiment ).

http://www.coax.net/people/lwf/usci_hs.htm

http://www.coax.net/people/lwf/uscha_hs.htm

http://www.coax.net/people/lwf/uscla_hs.htm

http://www.coax.net/people/lwf/uscc_hs.htm

The black units total:

7 Cavalry Regiments

13 Heavy Artillery Regiments

1 Light Artillery Regiment

144 Infantry Regiments

and few other "independent units"

Black units participated in 449 engagements.

90 blacks were officers.

Black units were the first to march in to Richmond; fought at Palmetto Ranch (last battle of the CW); Siege of Petersburg; Battle of Olustee; and etc.  

They fought in majority of the states that were in the confederacy..

@CW mod team: horses...weeee... biggrin_o.gif

We actually removed Afro-Am. faces via the config from our soldiers in v.1.1. This screen was made with previous version obviously.

The plan was to leave the random face assignations white only, and make soldiers of "Colored" regiments as extra and specific units with separately mapped faces, which would make a whole company black when you placed them on the field.

We actually removed Afro-Am. faces via the config from our soldiers in v.1.1. This screen was made with previous version obviously.

The plan was to leave the random face assignations white only, and make soldiers of "Colored" regiments as extra and specific units with separately mapped faces, which would make a whole company black when you placed them on the field.

I want my red pants (1st South Carolina Colored Infantry)... tounge_o.gif

Nice idea.

tsalagikola, you beat me to it! I have a book on this subject. It is a fascinating and overlooked facet of Confederate history.

Having said that, I can see the potential here for this to degenerate into another hate-fest on the South. I submit that the way to look at this is to note the history so that something accurate can be done regarding the allocation of faces to these models.

That, and this is our history. Dr. Walter Williams is head of his department and very highly regarded at his university.

wow, those articles were great, they gave me goosebumps, and made me feel proud to be a southerner. Thank You.

that towable arty is gonna be nice for ambushes.

My roomate here at school is incrediably knowladgable about getteysburg, and he has lots of pictures, so we decided to work on some missions, itll be sweet.

Excellent information and research Mr. Billbob2002. That information is real informative. Like Triglav said, all African American faces were removed via the config.bin, BUT, there will most likely be African American soldiers for a African American unit created. Possibily, some will even be made to fill in those rare exceptions that were stated.

I personally believe this mod will not be complete until the above is finished (and ofcourse all the little things).

Quote[/b] ]Battle of Olustee

The battle reenactment for this battle is saturday. I literally can not wait for this event.

Quote[/b] ]The battle reenactment for this battle is saturday. I literally can not wait for this event.

The 54th Mass. and 35th USCT actions during Olustee helped in not making the battle a complete disaster for the Union (yes, the confed. won.. sad_o.gif ). Hopefully, you will see some 54th reenactment units.

Quote[/b] ]For the record between 60,000 and 93,000 blacks fought for the south, freeman and slaves and when the blacks fought for the north they got paid less than a white man, in the south they got the same pay and some even made more than the officers in the CSA. more information

and heres more information

Sure some blacks fought in the confederacy (there is no exact number..some will say not a lot). However, saying that, do not be capture being black in blue (i.e. Fort Pillow...some people dispute what happened at Ft. Pillow but other incidents still prove the point). "Remember Fort Pillow" became a battle cry for many black soldiers.

Anyway, keep up the good work team... smile_o.gif

My roomate here at school is incrediably knowladgable about getteysburg, and he has lots of pictures, so we decided to work on some missions, itll be sweet.

It really puts some warmth into the heart of an old Civil War student to see all this activity.

For all those who already have, or plan making missions that are part of the Battle Of Gettysburg: I'm working on a extended campaign (about 15 missions) that covers all three days of the battle.

Those of you who already made missions know well the amount of work that goes into each one, not to mention a whole campaign.

Anybody interested to team up for this campaign ?

Here's the general story line: A young cavalry soldier (South) comes to Gettyysburg as a courier for headquarters second corps. (Ewell's)

During his dispatch bearing missions he gets to see and participate in all the major action. (and advances in rank)

My idea is to follow the events as close to reality as possible, means, not all missions will be a complete success,

although the player has some influence on the outcome.

So there is a lot of space to fill and i would appreciate any contribution of mission/s for this task.

Anybody interested ?

Godspeed,

Pickett