Sign in to follow this  
Triglav

US Civil War Mod ver.1.0 Beta Released

I'd say "thanks but no thanks" if I were you.

Well...In OFP modding you can't really have any influance on anyone making and releasing anything they damned well please ;)

Besides, if it makes him happy, why obstruct that?

By the way, has anyone else noticed this thing yet? The Mapfact Military Objects (or something like that) have "mud walls." I think they make nice trenches after all, nevermind that they're like 2m high, i created a nice T formed area with them and then, when I placed some soldiers to defend it, some of them actually fall from the walls into the trenches tounge_o.gif

Historically accurate? Nope.

Realistic? Nope.

Fun? You bet!

If anyone would care to look at the pictures of the Battle of Olustee here is the website

http://www.geocities.com/w_epley/index

The website is still under construction but its operable and contains about 30 or 40 pictures.

Logo.JPG

All pictures are mostly of the 47th Voluneer Infantry Company K battle reenactment group.

Every link says "Sorry, this page is temporarily unavailabe" sad_o.gif

EDIT: Works now. Great pictures, i wanna be a re-enacter. tounge_o.gif

My Webpage

this fixes the annoying multiple fix bayonet addaction in MP

games. PLEASE READ THE README FILE as these files replace

the CWenfield.pbo and CWmusket.pbo

bigus

After a couple of weekends of playtesting my MP missions

we came up with some interesting problems.

1) If and when the Union player knows what the hell he's doing (and this took a couple weekends...lol) It is virtually impossible for the rebels to win.

2)When the ai is sent somewhere via the addaction, they will

move but then continue to the preset waypoint afterwards.

(since i used waypoints in the missions).

So here's the solutions. The respawn zones have been moved back so that the union does not respawn at the victory flag.

All AI units now move via markers instead of waypoints. these

solutions make for a lousy single player game but oh well I dont really play single player anyway.

I will post these fixes in a couple of days but first will give

you all 2 new missions. 1 is a MP capture and hold this was actually a test mission for the markers but it wasnt to bad in MP. The other is a new Meeting Engagement mission which has'nt been totally playtested. Both missions have 2 squads per side since these were test missions

My Webpage

here is the updated oakridge and seminary missions

My Webpage

bigus

Is it possible to change around missions? for example change the cold war crisis campain into the civil war campain and take out all tanks and heli's?

Sure, dePbo them and edit. But I think it's easier to just make a new campaign and anyway, it's cooler to be in the 1800's Gettysburg than the modern Malden.

Hi there, well im helping the cwmod, with a special approximate agreement, (yup this is gavin) and ive been reworking all the weapon graphics, a pretty big unit pack, and loads and loads of other cool stuff.

Tragically there is no way here to leave an attachment, but ill get some pics to trig or picket for him to host, the wip is looking good tho, and u will notice some massive differences.

Effective lods with the new units will reduce cpu usage dramatically, as will edited weapons, meaning more men, and big improvements with new units and textures, and such like, pictures to come soon!

Effective lods with the new units will reduce cpu usage dramatically, as will edited weapons, meaning more men, and big improvements with new units and textures, and such like, pictures to come soon!

ah man am I looking foward to this one!

at least 5 squads per side would be great!

bigus

This may have already been asked, but is there a chance that the developers of CWMod will release a general bayonet script to the public? Muskets with bayonets are nice, but we REALLY need some bayonets for our M-1 Garands, M-16s, Mosin-Nagants, and AK-47s! Or is it more than a simple script that would be executed on other units?

This may have already been asked, but is there a chance that the developers of CWMod will release a general bayonet script to the public? Muskets with bayonets are nice, but we REALLY need some bayonets for our M-1 Garands, M-16s, Mosin-Nagants, and AK-47s! Or is it more than a simple script that would be executed on other units?

We do not plan to make a separate release, sorry.

The script was originally developed by the UKMod dudes, as stated in the readme.(Thanks again)

Do with it as you please, just don't forget the proper credits.

Do you know if it would work on other units? Or how to make it work on other units?

Do you know if it would work on other units? Or how to make it work on other units?

just open it with, take a look at the scripts and the config.cpp, if someone like me can figure out how it works, everyone can... tounge_o.gif

Yeah...it's very simple to make it work with any unit.

Just check units' config.cpp carefully and you'll get the point.

I just noticed that Civil War Mod has been mentioned in the finnish gaming page Peliplaneetta.

Scroll down this article and you'll see something familiar wink_o.gif

In finnish only, but I can translate it if someone wishes so.

I just noticed that Civil War Mod has been mentioned in the finnish gaming page Peliplaneetta.

That's great!

Do translate, please smile_o.gif

So far we've been downloaded approximately 15.000 times.

My webpage tracker shows hits from Finland to HongKong, from Venezuela to Kenya.

Seems it's worldwide now

biggrin_o.gif

Okie dokie, I'll try to translate it the best I can though there are many thing i had to say in the simplest way, not the way it's written in original:

---

Operation Flashpoint - American Civil War (versio 1.1)

Homepage: http://www.petrov-petrov.si/~triglav/CW/

Operation Flashpoint was published around four years ago, but the game still has a quite large horde of fans who prefer realistic war to brainl... I mean more straightforward games like Counter-Strike. Even though OFP's graphical engine is out of date for many years, the third-party additions have kept the veteran game alive. There is a lot of different mods to the games and one of the absolutely most innovative is the American Civil War, made by the CWMOD group, which concentrates the American Civil War.

Shot! Shot! Burrrst!

Shops are filled with several wargames considering World War Two and the Vietnam War. The players who are used to automatic weapons may have problems for a while when having to shoot with the 1800's guns, which take several seconds to reload. The weapons' range ain't too great either, so better stay sharp if you'd like to hit something. There aren't too many missions for the mod yet, but with the easy-to-use Flashpoint mission editor, making of simple missions is child's play. The totally free American Civil War naturally requires the Operation Flashpoint and the Resistance-upgrade.

---

Not the best possible but it goes.

Hooray then! wow_o.gif

We're famous in Finland! biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Now I definitely have to visit and get all that free beer ;)

Sure, just tell me when you're coming and I'll bring some beer for you into the airport tounge_o.gif

Just make your visit at 5.7.2005 when I am in Helsinki watching Black Sabbath consert and can come to the airport to say hi! biggrin_o.gif