Sign in to follow this  
Triglav

US Civil War Mod ver.1.0 Beta Released

Yes, the A.I. can use the strike, but it refuses to do so.

Seems there is an ethical script in OFP somewhere that says to the A.I. that shooting an enemy is ok, bashing his face in isn't.

still haven't had any answer to my question about the shortcut icon. is there gonna be one?

still haven't had any answer to my question about the shortcut icon. is there gonna be one?

You could just make your own. It's not that complicated.

How to make one?

I would make it for Thunderbird84 mod.

dude1 Action ["Strokegun", dude2]

dude2 will smash dude1 in his face if close enough....  wink_o.gif

i meant the shortcut icon.

yea i didnt want to quote you but the guy who asked it...

dunno why i clicked on your post... crazy_o.gif

*lets stay ontopic... tounge_o.gif *

Quote[/b] ]ummhmmm west point sucks anyway, and yeah....it sucks... ok.... and since when is excersising a constitutional right treason, last i checked, americans had the right to take up arms againt a tyranical government in an action condoned by Thomas Jefferson as "constituent power" which is the whole premise for the REvolutionary war, History is written by the victors, had the south won it wouldnt have been seen as treason, but the north won and in an act of kindness, congress decided not to charge the southerners as traitors, which they certainly didnt have to do... i cna tbelieve i just said that... i am a sotherner and i beleive that it was the souths right to succeed.

Josh Anderson

Mr. Josh, I know this has already been adressed, but please do not post your opinion on this thread about who was was right or wrong or good or bad in the Civil War. Really I do want to reply why you are wrong, but I must and will refrain from doing so.

Thank-You

More about the "Strike" ability that has been added to the rifles. The player now will be able to press spacebar at anytime and "melee" will display as your weapon, this will allow you to slap some some nearby soldiers around. Ive noticed sometimes it will kill em in one whack, sometimes 3. Later on i may try to use the bayonet script with this, but im much to impatient to work with anything right now (just got back from MEPS). So there maybe an ablity to get the AI to slap you around also. I think the AI should be able to do anything the player can do. Also, later i want to make or have somebody make a new strokegun animation that looks better and is shorter in time.

About the Derringer. Im pretty much done with it. Theres new optics, fire sound, and reload sound. You can carry as many as bullets as you want for it. I would suggest carry a realistic amount, same for the muskets. Anyway heres a test i conducted on the overall range of the weapon:

For this test i used a human target at various ranges, the results are as follows:

40 meters: 1 out of 12 hits

30 meters: 3 out of 12 hits

20 meters: 6 out of 12 hits

10 meters: 11 out of 12 hits

5 meters: 12 out of 12 hits.

These results indicate that you should probably not bother firing at an enemy farther that about 20 meters, enless your feeling lucky. Im really surprised one bullet hit at 40 meters, that was a lucky shot. I may reduce accuracy later on after further testing is accomplished.

Guess I might as well update you guys about the new gear ive been working on also. Binoculars, watch, and papers (once was the radio)

gear.JPG

The watch is not done. I may do a CW compass if my patients is ever restored. Same with finishing the watch.

LT.JPG

Here is a picture of a battle, just thought i would post it cause its fun commanding a platoon from hoss back.

yeah i read that, sorry again... the things you write when your bored... i shall refrain... uhh yeah, sorry...my bad

ahhhh yes MEPS, hope you had fun there are beautiful memories there

Is is very necesary?

well not quite. starting the MOD from a shortcut with the soviet symbols just felt kinda strange tounge_o.gif

well not quite. starting the MOD from a shortcut with the soviet symbols just felt kinda strange tounge_o.gif

Yea...I understand.

Well I just use an icon with a yankee and a rebel flag I found on some compilation of various icons...

Well since this icon deal is such a big deal, I have created an icon for the mod.

icon.JPG

You can get your greasy hands on it in the next release. And please do not post any more about the icon situation, please

Well since this icon deal is such a big deal, I have created an icon for the mod.

icon.JPG

You can get your greasy hands on it in the next release. And please do not post any more about the icon situation, please

He already has one...he could download one from me tounge_o.gif

Did i come off rude? If i did i didnt mean to do so. But the deals done now, no more complaints everybodys happy.

Here's some civillians from the 1860's I'm working on.

Civils1.jpg

I plan to do 4 or 5 for next release.

Oh yes they do! Some children&women would be cool, especially those childs would be realistic in a cutscene where the soldeirs march trough a city.

Very nice looking civies. In my opinion they look generally better than the soldiers in first release.

You gained some skills in texturing? wink_o.gif

You gained some skills in texturing?  wink_o.gif

Nope.

Some things just turn out better than others sometimes.

Having nice hi-res photos of pieces of clothing helps  wink_o.gif

BTW...refresh pic above...I've put another gentleman in there.

Those civilians looks great!

Maybe gunbelt for some civilians?

Some ladies as well?  wink_o.gif

My next project. Yup, mhm, yup. biggrin_o.gif

Hope I can make the gown animate properly.

and a brothel. Cant be the civil war without a brothel. tounge_o.gif and if ya want to get realestic, some new animations for the brothel tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif