Sign in to follow this  
Triglav

US Civil War Mod ver.1.0 Beta Released

What the new release will offer us?  tents,....?

one thing is bothering me. Ai units never crouch and do they real life have to stand up when they reload those rifles.

The new release will offer, extra units, camp equipment, new weapon, new GUI, new unit icons, fixed lods, and lots of bug fixes.

AI does crouch. But blame the OFP engine for how often he does it.

and do they real life have to stand up when they reload those rifles.

Take it from someone who used to shoot one of those as a hobby, YES they have to stand when they reload, particularly if it's a rifle (not a smoothbore).

I imagine someone's going to say that if you prop one against your boot or a rock you could ram the round down the barrel lying down... But take it from someone who's done it, no you can't practically load a muzzel-loading long arm lying down.

The Spencer? Yep. Not a musket.

I dont know if this has been reported but Union soldiers just wont stab anyone with their bayonets. I dont know if they would use them if I would arm them with enfields. Confederate troops on the other hand charge and use bayonets like they are supposed to.

Did they use winchester rifle in civil war?

Atleast for me, the Union troops do use their bayonets. But wait a second, wasn't that a bug of the first release which was then fixed? I guess there's a fix in the beginning of the thread. (pages 1-4 i guess)

Hi

Those tents are looking really good, cant wait to get them into my mission.

I'm running a dedicated sever of my mission tonight at 6 GMT anyone wanting to join should goto multiplayer then click on remote and enter 82.34.82.254 for the IP address and then click connect.

Check the instructions and download the mission here:

http://www.magames.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Last weeks one was great, thanks to all those that turned up. I'll start the server about 5.45 GMT so everyone can get in and then I will start the game at just after 6 GMT

See ya there

Did they use winchester rifle in civil war?

No, they did not.

The company did not even exist before 1866 when Oliver Winchester bought "New Haven Arms Company" (manufacturer of the Henry) and changed its name to "Winchester Repeating Arms Company"

Facts like these are widely available in the net, to find them, i strongly recommend a search engine.

And no, those were not used in the Civil War either. tounge_o.gif

I found the fix for the union bayonet broblem but the link to the new config is not working. sad_o.gif

I'm running a dedicated sever of my mission tonight at 6 GMT anyone wanting to join should goto multiplayer then click on remote and enter 82.34.82.254 for the IP address and then click connect

I played there but the mission was too much for my old computer.

come there to play now.

As medicine sucked in those days, and by far most deaths of soldiers were caused by disease and poor wound treatment, it has been decided that there won't be a "medic" unit you could have with you on the field of battle...

However, if you are wounded, and make it back to camp, you have a chance to get patched up in the Surgeon's tent.

If the looks of his expertise don't turn your stomach too much ...

Surgeon.jpg

Ah good ol "Doc Butcher". lol

Looks amazing...gory, but amazing. smile_o.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

wow_o.gif I LOVE IT!!!!!

Again with a balance of realism and gameplay! You guys rock!!!

And, all those guys that were crying for blood textures on the soldiers can just walk into this tent! tounge_o.gif They can get their fix of gore in here! ghostface.gifbiggrin_o.gif

This has become my favorite mod, hands down! xmas_o.gif (a Zoave)

Was just eating my breakfast when I saw that picture! Now I think I'm gonna be sick tounge_o.gif

congratulations for your work, it is the best MOD of ofp  

can you make sabres for the officers of cavalry? by using same script that the bayonet, that must be possible

can you also make adons cowboys and Indians and horses?

I downloaded the fixed Union.pbo but now the whole mod is not working. I get the modelspecial error and cant play any of my missions. With the old pbo it works but the new one also gives error about musketpouch on startup. sad_o.gif

Oh my god, finally a realistic MASH unit, though it's from 1800's, but who cares? Uhh, could it be possible to make it so that when you go to the tent to heal, you have like 50% chance to get healed, 25% and 25% for dying and not getting healed? I don't know if it would be possible, but it would be kinda cool. (Okay, for hardcore realism: 80% you wont survive tounge_o.gif )

Quote[/b] ]I downloaded the fixed Union.pbo but now the whole mod is not working. I get the modelspecial error and cant play any of my missions. With the old pbo it works but the new one also gives error about musketpouch on startup.  

Looks like Triglav put the wrong config in the fix. Email me and ill send you the correct one.

Might need this

Epley_w@hotmail.com

Tried to email you and it Said your over your storage limit Bucket Man.

Do you have msn messeger, if so log on.

o where o where is there a full working wood or stone bridge i have downloaded every bridge known to man and not found one that works i am trying my hand at making one from scratch but real hard to do aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa o my head