Sign in to follow this  
Imshi-Yallah

Irish Interim troops

Pathy your fired!

tounge_o.gif

Excellent work, better than i ever hoped for, Id also like to welcome Kman 3000 who is also bringing his impressive texturing skills to the project.

just for bibmi reference, i think he's away in south africa or some country like that. Has been since 2003/early 2004. Doubt he'll be back.

That is some of the best looking units I have seen! Keep it up, Pathy! Please!

Damn, I wish I could do stuff like this. Gotta find Skeg too and worship him a bit. smile_o.gif

Thank you, means alot to me to hear that. I have almost finished my end of the job, it'll be down to Imshi Yallah to get them working and ingame, and the other texturer (dunno his name sorry) to do the webbing textures.

I have become quite attached to the Irish Defence Force during these 3 days. Its an addon i feel is well worth doing. If anyone with the knowledge to get a soldier model ingame and working (named selections, config and the like), please please please help this project!

Another picture! PLCE webbing, chest rig and bergen, all made by Registered Fugitiv.

[mg]http://raab.ofpcentral.com/Path/Addons/IDF2.jpg[/img]>100kb

Looks great. I like the smock and bergan especially but I thought the helmet that the Irish army used was a different shape, similar to that of the British army's helmet (I think it's the same one as the Israelli army use actually) rather than the US style one used on the ADF model.

Yeah you'd be right there, they use the Israeli CAD one. The ADF one is what was on the model though. I asked Imshi about the model and textures, as the Irish ones always seem to have alot more strapping around than this one. I cant remember the answer, so maybe i didnt get one. tounge_o.gif Perhaps its one of those things that Imshi is going to ignore for the sake of workload. Maybe i'll have a go at reshaping this one.

If anyone has a CAD helmet though, a donation would be welcomed

tounge_o.gif

Troops serving with Mechanised units are now issued with the Dutch version of the PASGT because its needed to fit the commsets on.

And as pathy said workload is an issue, Im getting favours from people here and I dont intend to exploit them.

Now I was wondering if anyone would like to retexture two helicopter models for me?

Probably not mate, time constraints and workload.... sad_o.gif

I myself now have 6 days before i leave for 6 months.....

just for bibmi reference, i think he's away in south africa or some country like that. Has been since 2003/early 2004. Doubt he'll be back.

Bibmi worked in Taiwan, and i think he moved back to his home in South Africa. He official left UKF and the OFP Community last year.

All of his UK stuff is still under his name, but we have taken them on under ours now - any permission should be asked from him for his older work (non UK stuff) but you'll be lucky

It wont be needed Messy, we have brand new versions everything we need now, mate.

We're still looking out for a config writer unless you want to wait two months for me to figure it out (at this rate anyway), and a vehicle texturer...and possibly modeller (waiting for permission to come through from swissmod) to develop a new turret for an existing vehicle.

Some more progess methinks. Still, i dont have the knowledge (or time) to get it all properly working ingame....so if you have the ability and want to see these released, please help! BTW these are first ingame pics so, yeah, i know, chest webbing is stretched, ect.....

idfingame2.jpg

Glad everyone likes them lol...... tounge_o.gif Well i guess everyone being speechless is better than negative comments  wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Well i guess everyone being speechless is better than negative comments

I dont mean to sound negative but you forgot to texture some parts of the helmet.

biggrin_o.gif

I dont know what else to say until you release it. wink_o.gif

LOL. Thats cause i havent applied the preexisting ADF textures we are going to use for that part just yet. (well i have actually, just not for that screen) smile_o.gif

A "looks good" or "nice work" would suffice? tounge_o.gif

What weapons are you going to use for this pack? Does the Irish Army use the same weapons as the British (SA80, etc)? If so, will you use the UKF weapons?

The Irish army uses the AUG in different variants I think.

It looks good Pathy, nice to see Irish troops in the game. Will do well on Tonal! biggrin_o.gif

Funnily enough we use pretty much exactly the same kit as the ADF and NZDF, up to battalion level at least, the only thing we're currently lacking being the Minimi.

Another good reason for the IANZAC, the worlds first super power to have a likeable personality tounge_o.gif

What about Vehicles and Helipcopters tho. I don't think the Irish have a full scale Air Force do they? (i.e. with this I mean no fighters, bombers etc)

And I though the Irish used the MK3 Kevlar that the British use as well. Is this Isreali one the same as the British have then?

We haven't had fighters since the 1970s (Vampires) and aren't likely to anytime soon, even if we got the defence budget we deserved they'd be a long way down the list of priorities.

Vehicle wise we have the MMP mod Man5ton truck which we have permission to use, so it just need retexturing (note: the Man 5t0n is just one of around 12 TCV types currently in service thanks to the procurements being managed by civil servant types who only care about lowest cost and fastest delivery time.)

We also have Footmunch's excellent PC-9M with a variety of ATG and AA loadouts (which he generously custom built for us).

In terms of helicopters we have models and configs for the two current service utility helicopter types, the Alouette III and the Dauphin.

Edit: We now have permission for the PIII so we're looking for a modeller to redo the turret.

thx.